Pages:
Author

Topic: To all BTC sellers: 1 BTC = 1000 USD April 9, 2013 16:00 UTC - page 2. (Read 6846 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501
If everyone, or almost everyone, took this pledge, sellers would disappear and new money would not be able to enter the market. And we would all have to stop spending our coins since no merchant will base their prices on $1000/coin if they can't sell for that rate to replenish their stock. This solution would turn bitcoin into a club for insiders only, and ultimately kill it.

Please don't.

They wont disappear, they will sell for $1000. And if everybody will sell for that much, then buyers will also have to buy for that much. Nothing will change except price. And those who risked they money to invest in bitcoins before others would get rewarded for this.
pvz
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
It's a really bad idea. I think wormbog have right.

So... Don't do it, for the future of bitcoin Smiley
I think this incredible price rise is a bad idea.
How can we convince bitcoin owners to sell their bitcoins?
Activity: 697
I disagree and feel like this is not inline with the bitcoin community workings.  Just my opinion only though, you opinion is equally as valid.
legendary
Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004
Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.
It's a really bad idea. I think wormbog have right.

So... Don't do it, for the future of bitcoin Smiley
pvz
If everyone, or almost everyone, took this pledge, sellers would disappear and new money would not be able to enter the market. And we would all have to stop spending our coins since no merchant will base their prices on $1000/coin if they can't sell for that rate to replenish their stock. This solution would turn bitcoin into a club for insiders only, and ultimately kill it.

Please don't.
At this moment the demand for bitcoin is to high. That is why the price rises so quickly.
I would like to have your merchant introduced to bitcoin because he is able to stabilize the price.
Activity: 561
Merit: 500

Please don't.
Bitcoin is great tool but now we have to prove we are mature enough to use it.
pvz
great but if we all agree that its worth $1000 then why they want to sell for $100? They dont want money or what.
You are right, it is about acting as a bitcoin community.
Together promoting bitcoin and make this work.
As long as mining is profitable there will always be someone willing to sell quicker for less... it's called free market, I think Wink

great but if we all agree that its worth $1000 then why they want to sell for $100? They dont want money or what.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
As long as mining is profitable there will always be someone willing to sell quicker for less... it's called free market, I think Wink
This is actually good idea to do: if you want to sell do it for $1000 and if you want to buy you have fixed price. Only problem is that it cant be paired to US dollars because they are printing them all the time.
pvz
There's a word for this, it's called "price fixing". Luckily, you'll never get the entire Internet to go along with this.
Price fixing is enforced.
This is a initiative to stabilize the price, not fixing the price.
You are right: with bitcoin it is not possible to fix the price.

If the price is not stable and fluctuates (at this time), it attracts bots, gamblers and hedge funds.

The Bitcoin Community does have a choice, or just let it happen.
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
There's a word for this, it's called "price fixing". Luckily, you'll never get the entire Internet to go along with this.
pvz
Edit: Added a poll because I am very curious what 'the bitcoin community' thinks what a stable price would be: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/current-stable-bitcoin-market-price-165166

Price stability and predictability are the main factor for a wide acceptance and adoption of bitcoin.

To manage the market price, Bitcoin does not have the influence from a central authority like Federal Reserve or European Central Bank.
The Bitcoin Community has no need for a central authority.

The Bitcoin system cannot affect the bitcoin market price with interest rates or changing the number of bitcoins produced. This is fixed.

Did you know the Bitcoin Community has the ability and tools for a stable bitcoin price?

In order to have a stable and predictable price we need:
  • mass for stability (limited fluctuation)
  • consensus for predictability (clear path)

The Bitcoin Community is able to set the bitcoin price.
We set the price.
We set stability.

How?
That is simple:

BTC sellers: don't sell for less than $1000
You'r in?
Quite simple. I'm in! (click here)

With your support the bitcoin price will be more stable and predictable.
With your support we create trust.
Trust in bitcoin assures broad acceptance and use of bitcoin.

bitcoinmarketprice.org
Pages:
Jump to: