Pages:
Author

Topic: To all of the die-hard crypto airdrop hunters who can hardly relate…. - page 2. (Read 157 times)

Activity: 220
Merit: 12
Airdrop is airdrop right? But what about uniswap, 1inch, Apecoin, and many others? Any way you are right too many airdrops are scams this days it's very hard to get lucky with any at all it's not worth the stress but some are still very good it's about selecting and doing good research on tokens first.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
Scenario: Scumbag Finance airdrop event (not a real or existing project, just for fun only)

Admin: We are announcing a SCUM airdrop to all participants for 30 days! Each participant can get up to $30 worth of SCUM tokens for completing social media tasks + $1 SCUM for every qualified referral! After 30 days, we will finalize all entries!!!
Participant: Yes, I am excited!!!

(In this scenario, the participant managed to complete all tasks and referred 20 of his friends. He was due to receive $30 + $1 (x20) = $50 worth of SCUM)

After 30 days….

Admin: The SCUM token airdrop event has officially ended! All qualified participants will receive their airdrop tokens 30 days after our IDO event on RugPull Launchpad that will begin a week from now!
Participant: Oh yeah!! Hopefully the Scumbag Finance IDO will be a success!

After the IDO event….

Admin: We have some great news to all of you guys! The Scumbag Finance IDO on RugPull Launchpad has finally ended and all tokens are sold out! The distribution of airdrop to the participants will begin 30 days from now! It’ll be distributed to your Metamask wallets!
Participant: Yes congratulations to us! Woohoo! Can’t wait to receive my SCUM tokens!

After 30 days….

Admin: Attention! We would regret to inform you that there are fraudulent and duplicate entries in our SCUM airdrop event. Therefore, the SCUMBAG team have decided that all airdrop participants must perform KYC and the cut-off date is 1 week from now. Thank you for understanding.
Participant: ARRRRGHHHHH!!!! Oh well, I guess I have no choice then.

(In this scenario, the participant have managed to complete KYC before the time limit)

After a week….

Admin: Congratulations to those who have completed KYC! For those who didn’t make it, we regret to inform you that your airdrop rewards are forfeited. Give us up to a week to distribute your SCUM tokens to your respective Metamask accounts.
Participant: Yes, it’s about time!! Let’s go!!!

After a week….

Admin: Hello everyone! We are about to distribute the tokens to your address. But in order to verify the activity of your wallet, you need to send us 0.001 BNB to our wallet address to cover the gas fees in distributing your tokens. It’s a small thing to ask from you guys if you want to receive your SCUM tokens from us. Thank you for understanding!!! Send the BNB here to this address 0xSCUMBAGRUGPULLGOODBYE.
Participant: DANG!!!! Anyways since it’s just a small amount, I’m gonna send it anyway. At least I get $50 worth of SCUM tokens in return.

(The participant managed to send 0.001 BNB to the address provided by the admin. The rest of the qualified participants also did the same.)

After a long while….

Admin: Thank you everyone for sending us 0.001 BNB each! Therefore, we have collected a grand total of 500 BNB! We would like to inform that you all have been officially scammed! Our scamming campaign was a complete success and we’re now freaking rich! Thank you guys! You can now cry all day! Bye2x!!!
Participant: WHAAAAAAT? NOOOOOO!!!!!

(The admins have left and abandoned the Telegram group, deleting their accounts and the project’s social media channels. Their website left a message saying “AAAAND IT’S GONE!!!”. And the worst of all, the KYC information from the participants were already auctioned in the dark web.)

The lessons that you need to learn from this topic. Never ever perform KYC (especially using passports) just to receive airdrops from new crypto projects who doesn’t have any reputation at all. It’s dangerous for our personal information to be leaked elsewhere. And not just that, if they are requiring you to send an amount of crypto before receiving the airdrop tokens (mostly common from Telegram bot type crypto airdrops), just stay away and ignore. Don’t be greedy! Always learn to have second thoughts, doing your own research before participating, etc.
Pages:
Jump to: