Pages:
Author

Topic: To be a millionaire in the United States is to still be poor - page 5. (Read 1840 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Uh, if your plan is to buy an apartment in Washington D.C., yeah.  A million dollars won't get you far. But you could live pretty well in many other states, even the richest ones.  What you did is cherry picked the housing data and used a single data point that fits your very skewed argument.  Bottom line is that you're not poor at all if you have a million.   Super rich? No. Poor?  Absolutely not.  It's out of reach of most hardworking Americans.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728
 Grin
I personally always consider fiat system backed by minimum reserve requirement prevailing in most of the federal economy to be the most failed one. How can public create trust in currency whose supply can be alter anytime through 'deficit financing'. As a result, country may hardly show deflation rate.
Cryptocurrencies have much more advantages over the system written above. Even if nations are non-comfortable with cryptocurrencies, they should at least adopt principles of cryptocurrency like limited supply and free play of market value so money value don't depreciate with time and recession don't hit more often.
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
Just look at what a million dollars can get you. A 76 square meter apartment at the capital.

I'm sorry but that doesn't sound like being rich to me. That sounds like massive inflation has happened and we just haven't adjusted yet.

I have more faith in my worthless crypto-tokens over their worthless monopoly money they can print for themselves and their friends.

Fractional reserve masturbation economics don't reach me anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: