Pages:
Author

Topic: To blockchain.info wallet users, Be aware of phishing sites - page 2. (Read 1640 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017
Here is some info from who is lookup of the phising site, of course it has been protected by a guard, so most of it will make no sense Sad

I hope we can take it down somehow, I contacted google already about this, see what they will do.

Domain Name: BLOCKCHALN.INFO
Domain ID: D55920347-LRMS
WHOIS Server:
Referral URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2015-11-10T20:30:17Z
Creation Date: 2015-09-11T04:00:26Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2016-09-11T04:00:26Z
Sponsoring Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Registrant ID: CR204243759
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
Admin ID: CR204243761
Admin Name: Registration Private
Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Admin Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Admin City: Scottsdale
Admin State/Province: Arizona
Admin Postal Code: 85260
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.4806242599
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.4806242598
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email:
Tech ID: CR204243760
Tech Name: Registration Private
Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Tech Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Tech City: Scottsdale
Tech State/Province: Arizona
Tech Postal Code: 85260
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.4806242599
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.4806242598
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email:
Billing ID: CR204243762
Billing Name: Registration Private
Billing Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Billing Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Billing Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Billing City: Scottsdale
Billing State/Province: Arizona
Billing Postal Code: 85260
Billing Country: US
Billing Phone: +1.4806242599
Billing Phone Ext:
Billing Fax: +1.4806242598
Billing Fax Ext:
Billing Email:
Name Server: A.DNSPOD.COM
Name Server: B.DNSPOD.COM
Name Server: C.DNSPOD.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Soon, I have to go away.
I stopped bookmarking, as this too can also be a danger, as hackers who get into your computer can read your browser cache and passwords.

I now have my wallets backed up offline, on a plug n play hard drive.
Only switch it on when making transactions.

You could always put your wallets/details on a usb stick.
legendary
I have contacted google about the phising site: http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/static/submit_success.html?hl=en
I hope they will block the site very quick, and remove it from their ads. I entered the fake site, and u can see that now new transactions are appearing, so that is also a way to see it.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
To prevent this, I'm usually bookmark the real one so I'm never re-search again to prevent this happening...
So once I'm bookmark for it, i'm just click and will not worried for clicking the fake one
Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/

thank you for your info this is very important because people sometime not checking address bar when opening a site, 1 other way to keep safe maybe bookmark blockchain wallet link every want to login in wallet

Yeah I agree with you, putting the site in the bookmarks is better than searching on google and facing these kind of phishing sites

Has there been a case of theft related to the site ?
This is really dangerous because the site occupies the top position in the search engine google if not careful someone could be fooled
This should be reported to the blockchain.info or google
legendary

thank you for your info this is very important because people sometime not checking address bar when opening a site, 1 other way to keep safe maybe bookmark blockchain wallet link every want to login in wallet

Yeah I agree with you, putting the site in the bookmarks is better than searching on google and facing these kind of phishing sites

You can also notice this when u log in, the wallet id is always already showed if u login on the real one.
If you go to a phising site, then it will not be filed in automatically.

This depends on if the user is storing his browser cookies or not. I always browse in incognito mood so this difference will not work for me

Then u can make a file with the correct link in it and block all phising sites of blockchain.info

I am going to search for a few phising sites, so people will not fall for it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Young but I'm not that bold

You can also notice this when u log in, the wallet id is always already showed if u login on the real one.

This depends on if the user is storing his browser cookies or not. I always browse in incognito mood so this difference will not work for me
Activity: 619
I want to warn all blockchain.info users from a phishing site I saw today on google ads when I searched the word "blockchain", this scam site appears as the first result in the webpage as google show their ads at the top. the site is www dot blockchlan dot info , which of course a scam site that will steal your wallet identifier and password once you inter them and as you may notice, the domain has a very little difference (the letter i and l ) with the real site.

so before logging to your web wallet, make sure you are on the real blockchain.info website with https link.
legendary
I want to warn all blockchain.info users from a phishing site I saw today on google ads when I searched the word "blockchain", this scam site appears as the first result in the webpage as google show their ads at the top. the site is www dot blockchlan dot info , which of course a scam site that will steal your wallet identifier and password once you inter them and as you may notice, the domain has a very little difference (the letter i and l ) with the real site.

so before logging to your web wallet, make sure you are on the real blockchain.info website with https link.
Activity: 434
Young but I'm not that bold

Pages:
Jump to: