Pages:
Author

Topic: To buy now.... or to wait? - page 2. (Read 3290 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
November 30, 2013, 03:52:31 PM
There are very few of us who can predict the market.  I sold 500 at $119.99 in June or so convinced that we would never see $150 again and now the price is literally 10 times what I sold at.

The one thing I have learnt is that the Bitcoin market is tiny and that as it grows, valuations must rise.  It might drop to less that $1000 after you buy at $1150 but who cares?  In a year it will be over $2000 if the price rises even match half the difficulty rises that we can already see in the pipeline.

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
November 30, 2013, 03:48:09 PM
I have been interested in bitcoin for a few months, and bought a coin or two before, but ended up withdrawing it all back into cash. Went away for a little while and didn't even think of bitcoin for a little while and looked it up to see it was now $400... Watched it rise, and rise... And Now I find myself wanting to kick my own !!!!!!!!!!! for not buying more (and keeping them).

But since I'm in this for the long run, and not to make a quick profit, I'm not looking at the current ~$1,131 value of one coin as a bad thing, because I thought it would rise this high when I first looked into it...

So now I'm stuck here deciding... Either buy into btc now (I have ~$1,400 that I can invest safely)... or wait and hope for a price drop...

What are your opinions? And whats a good way to ensure I can get a good deal? i.e. say it drops $100 or so in a day for a few minutes...? How do I make sure I can get that price before it quickly jumps back up? I'm currently looking for a program or website that will make a noise or something if it drops to or below a certain point lol
But how can I have the money already deposited somewhere so that all I have to do is press the button to buy? I know localbitcoins, but is there anything else trusted?

Thanks to anyone who reads this and helps  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: