Pages:
Author

Topic: Today I was charged $86 in fees on a $250 buy order with Bitpay - page 2. (Read 209 times)

copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
I'm sorry to hear your issues, but thats ridiculous.
But as what I understand you sent your BTC via coinbase to Bitpay to biy some product? Am I right?
If so, the one to blame is coinbase for this crazy thing, this should be controlled or you will lose all your funds because of the fees. Try to contact them with this issue.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Insane $ 86!!!, that seems the result of an algorithm bad calculated on their side and wasn't adjusted when BTC was cheaper, definitely get some help on this.
Activity: 263
Merit: 10
Holy molly... $86 for a single transaction, bitcoin cash BCH will simply win the race in a year or so. OMG, I can't believe this is happening. 
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Bought $250 worth of bitcoin via Bitpay (to buy a product, not as speculative investment) and was informed the fee would be ~$10.

Turns out they charged $86. I wasnt notified beforehand about any additional fees being taken. It was charged and taken without my permission. Had this been disclosed to me first, I wouldnt have placed my order.

Worse yet, the amount remaining in my wallet ($160) is apparently too small to make a transaction.

This is insane.

Might have to get my bank's fraud department involved, though i have concerns they may not be able to do anything.

I had only decided to use bitcoin because this particular vendor offered a discount for people purchasing with btc. Little did I know the nightmare I was in store for. It's been almost 2 weeks, $500 (two transfers of $250 each), potentially close to half of that eaten up by fees, and Im nowhere closer to getting the item. I should've just opted for a direct credit card purchase. Lesson learned.

Does anyone know what I can do to get my money back? This has been a total disaster. I still have my other $250 sitting with Coinbase. If i transfer that to my bitpay wallet, i'll probably be out another ~$90+ in transfer fees.

I want to have all of these reversed so I can just buy the damn item with my credit card.
Pages:
Jump to: