Pages:
Author

Topic: Tokenization of real-world assets - page 3. (Read 457 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 123
January 04, 2019, 12:45:01 PM
Can someone explain to me the benefit in doing this? How is it an improvement on the traditional system, it is not hard for people to currently buy or sell stocks. The only difference I can think of is the ledger but do people really want to see how many stocks others hold and when they're sold/bought/moved
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
January 04, 2019, 12:41:45 PM
This is going to be a very complicated setup. I wouldn't invest straight away, would need to see if it works and follows the same patterns as the real world stocks
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
January 04, 2019, 11:43:39 AM
This is just another version of derivatives for the US stocks, using the term 'digitization' to make it look appealing and fresh to the public. While I've nothing against the development of cryptocurrencies, blockchain and the financial system in general, it seems to me that the capitalists are piggybacking the fame of the said tech to garner more interest and support on their already-dying assets. This will be a hit, but once the hysteria fades, expect yet another gruesome correction and crash thereafter.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
January 04, 2019, 11:03:16 AM
I really think this is Tokenization or Data security has been used in different transaction right now and by means of tokenizing some assets would sure have a fast pace kind of transaction but it doesn't really mean that it is now decentralized because they are still using providers of services and required a number of entities working together to deliver an alternative payment system.

This could be a step for people that are not using the blockchain system and think further in experiencing a new way in a fast transaction or could open up a path for them in accepting decentralized transactions.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
January 04, 2019, 11:00:39 AM
a decentralised exchange is not tokenising real world assets

its releasing crap coins pre-mined to a approx limit of a US Stock. and trying to get the crap coin valued at the US STOCK. simply by naming the crap coin as the same name as the US stock

but the token is NOT backed/tethered to the stock.
they would be separate markets of separate owners where the US stock is owned by one group of people

and the crap coin is owned by another group
the crap coin holders wont actually own US Stock

its much like derivities and options. where its a gamble of prices. but no actual ownership of the underlying represented asset

Activity: 858
Merit: 13
Christ The King
January 04, 2019, 10:44:05 AM
I think this will have to go through approval and some strict regulations. I hope this is not another game plan to milk the struggling  market. I really don't trust all these government backed assets merger with the Crypto market.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
January 04, 2019, 08:59:17 AM
It's really not decentralized, because you still have to trust a middleman, but hey. Though it's definitely not for everyone, having the option to invest in "tokenized" versions of stocks is a good thing in my opinion; I just hope that people know how it actually works before throwing their money into it. In this case, it's pretty much just the case of, if you don't like it, then don't buy it.

Will I be using it? I really don't know. I'd have to do some research on DX if they really actually are trustworthy enough or not.
Activity: 34
Merit: 4
January 04, 2019, 08:52:56 AM
A news a while ago releases that DX. Exchange plans to offer digital versions of big U.S. stocks. Others believe that this is the beginning of the traditional market’s merge with blockchain technology but some people thinks about it in a negative way. What are your thoughts about this news?  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: