Pages:
Author

Topic: TokenPay just gave the middle finger to its U.S. investors (!) - page 2. (Read 402 times)

Activity: 256
Merit: 100
I mean, I feel bad for the people who invested in this ICO thinking they were getting the best of both worlds - only to be jilted at the worst possible time.  Most of them had no idea that the technology was copied from a lesser known innovator in the crypto realm, which takes user anonymity very seriously and would never cater to old guard banking regs - and at a fraction of the price (as of yet).
Activity: 645
Merit: 266
ah surprising and shame on them for sure. but yeah they still make refund
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
TokenPay has just announced that TPAY will no longer be offered for purchase by United States citizens or United States residents, will be cancelling existing purchases from U.S. citizens and residents, and will be offering refunds based on the price paid.  Which presumably means in Bitcoin.  Which has dropped substantially in fiat valuation since the ICO debuted.  They took Bitcoin from U.S. investors at $19,000 value, and are now refunding while it's at $14,000.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

These are the people who copied the Spectrecoin (XSPEC) wallet and then advertised themselves as the most secure crypto. (HELLO - they are using Spectrecoin's signature tech -
 of course it's secure!)  Thankfully XSPEC does not discriminate and is open to all. And for 1/4th the price!
I think it's been planned, they already know that playing with an american investor is a big mistake, a planned scam strategy. good game, tokenpay.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
seems its 13k now

oh well ico runners gotta make bank in this down turn haven;t they .... don't be selfish
Activity: 286
Merit: 11
Surely that was well planned. One way or other they were intended to dump US investors and gain with their newly implemented terms. If it was not the falling of bitcoin's price, they would have refunded the investors in USD value.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
TokenPay, a company that is just starting out with a bit of a problem, is wise not to face American residents because of the possible policy risks.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Poor execution and planning from the TokenPay team. Just goes to show how unprofessional some of these start ups can be.

A simple google search of their technology platform and roadmap should have already showed them how a previous company called TenX already tried to do EXACTLY what they were doing (in fact even better) but failed because of government regulation. Are these even working professionals or kids coding in their mom's basement? Lol.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
Wow that's a whole new kind of scam. They start taking there ico when Bitcoin was on it's way to $20k. Now they "refund" at $14k. If 10% of the investors were from America, that's roughly $6M they pocket, based on how much they claimed to have raised. I wonder if they will refund their awesome bonus's too. I've said it before and I'll say it again. TokenPay can't be trusted. It's a scam by inexperienced people taking advantage of newbs. They clearly didn't even do their due diligence in the fields of their project concept. I'm glad I stayed away from this project and went with proven technologies.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
TokenPay has just announced that TPAY will no longer be offered for purchase by United States citizens or United States residents, will be cancelling existing purchases from U.S. citizens and residents, and will be offering refunds based on the price paid.  Which presumably means in Bitcoin.  Which has dropped substantially in fiat valuation since the ICO debuted.  They took Bitcoin from U.S. investors at $19,000 value, and are now refunding while it's at $14,000.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

These are the people who copied the Spectrecoin (XSPEC) wallet and then advertised themselves as the most secure crypto. (HELLO - they are using Spectrecoin's signature tech -
 of course it's secure!)  Thankfully XSPEC does not discriminate and is open to all. And for 1/4th the price!
Pages:
Jump to: