Pages:
Author

Topic: Too dangerous to draw more than 1200w on Corsair 1200 PSU? - page 2. (Read 2841 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
I'm pulling about 5 or 6kW/h, our voltage should normally be at 230 but while I have everything running it's down at about 180 to 190.

lol that's made up on the spot b.s.  Cheesy
but whatever  Roll Eyes
Activity: 348
Merit: 251
I'm pulling about 5 or 6kW/h, our voltage should normally be at 230 but while I have everything running it's down at about 180 to 190. I got the local electricity service to see if there are other problems with the power coming in, he put in a measurement device for the last week to monitor. He is going to send me a written report.

180 isn't that low really though is it. These PSU's can operate right down to 85v I think....
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Death to enemies!
If the voltage under load does not drop noticeably, the PSU is able to sustain it.
I won't go beyond 70% of the rated

Can you let me know your reasoning?

The rating on its side?

Tell me what you think. Item says its max load is 1200 on all rails. You can look on the side of your psu and it will tell you how much it takes.
If you are over that limit. Congrats on taking your first steps into fire creation.

Also. How often in the manual, website, or anywhere does it say not to overload?

How often does it say on the inside of your microwave manual that electricity can kill you? It mostly able protecting themselves legally...

I was just wondering if it's the same case with "high quality" PSU's, that's all.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
The corsair AX1200 is by far the best PSU on the market, I seen it pulling 1560 and shows very little ripple on the 12V Rail. Its a beast of a single rail PSU and it will work at 1300-1350 with its gold rating also.

YOU WONT HAVE AN ISSUE Wink Good choice, they were out of stock so i went for the Akasa HCP1200W which is so close to the corsair there isnt much between them. I run 4 5850's OC'd and a basic AMD system (athlon x2's) and it doesnt even get warm Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
QUIFAS EXCHANGE

The rating on its side?

Tell me what you think. Item says its max load is 1200 on all rails. You can look on the side of your psu and it will tell you how much it takes.
If you are over that limit. Congrats on taking your first steps into fire creation.

Also. How often in the manual, website, or anywhere does it say not to overload?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Just a rule of thumb.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
It's all relative... just say one thing if insurance finds out they ain't gonna pay if the house burns down.
It's their top of the range AX1200 and I'm drawing maybe 1220 on them at the moment. I have four.

Opinions appreciated - thanks.

Says on Corsair that max is 1204w.
Pages:
Jump to: