Pages:
Author

Topic: Too many projects is bad - page 4. (Read 650 times)

copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
December 22, 2019, 06:51:04 PM
There is a lot of failed projects and the most difficult part is how do you get to know the good ones. Some shit projects tends to start very well , list IEO in a good exchange and end up making investors to loose their funds. The rate of dead and failed products is alarming.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
https://www.payaccept.net/
December 22, 2019, 06:47:36 PM
So many fake projects out there, I totally do agree but despite the fake ones there are still good and amazing projects out there which have good team and good market volume all needed is research.
Activity: 573
Merit: 102
December 22, 2019, 06:46:17 PM
As far as this forum is concerned, Imo I would have suggested that the admin can also ensure that scam project are not allowed to advertise here but I think I have also seen some bounty threads being tagged as warning for participants (or maybe they should just remove such thread entirely).

On the other hand, is difficult to ascertain scam project at the beginning.
I advise that participants could choose to follow certain legit managers and managers that are producing scam projects will be alone to themselves and pack up with time  Grin

It's very difficult mate. Truly the admins can help regulate and sift projects but then in the early stages how can you know if it's real or fake. There should be a mechanism or model developed to mitigate scam projects, I guess we are still looking for the right equation to balance the model. Sooner or later it will happen anyway
Activity: 994
Merit: 510
December 22, 2019, 06:33:11 PM
I partially agree because it’s hard to find good projects buried in a sea of scams or bad projects, but this is a true free market. It’s actually more of a free market that a government regulated market that is called a free market.  We just have to accept the bad with the good.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 100
C O M B O
December 22, 2019, 06:28:45 PM
Unfortunately, this is the reality of the market. Too many scams. But not everything is fraud. Unfortunately, the subcoins that are traded in the Exchange can be out of control. You need to solve it. The solution to this is only when the team supports their projects. They need to keep track of the price.
What do you mean the team must have a Buy Back program? If the team keeps track of prices I think they must have the program, it can make the project stronger in terms of trust in the community
Activity: 882
Merit: 254
December 22, 2019, 05:51:33 PM
Yes indeed, I've been doing some bounties lately & many of them just run away lol.

The ICO business i doomed to failure unfortunately, even the good ones are affected by the sum of the SCAMs made buy the ICO last couple months / years. I know 2 projects were good but failed to even gather the soft Cap.

Sad business for the cryptosphere, now it's time for the IEO that are launched in famous exchanges, flip them o decent RI, rinse & repeat.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 509
December 22, 2019, 05:45:24 PM
First of all, it is possible to encounter any kind of projects in the decentralized market, but excluding new projects is not the solution, it is just like cutting them off. This year, the market hosted a successful project like ATOM, would it be better if we excluded it? I think no. Actually, I do not know what the solution could be. Also, investing only in Binance IEOs would not be a right idea as some newbies' proposals. Maybe we should find a way to inform the majority and keep them awake.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
December 22, 2019, 05:44:28 PM
Unfortunately, this is the reality of the market. Too many scams. But not everything is fraud. Unfortunately, the subcoins that are traded in the Exchange can be out of control. You need to solve it. The solution to this is only when the team supports their projects. They need to keep track of the price.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
December 22, 2019, 04:36:53 PM
But since the market is decentralized, and you cannot really prevent anyone from creating shitcoins, what can then be done to promote only the good projects, imo investors should avoid new projects for a while, they either are coming out with the same plan as the previous ones and will only fail just as their "predecessors" did, and focus more on the projects that are already in the market, picking out the few that are good and investing/promoting them.

You won't really change anything for this one either. Even if we choose not to promote bad projects in the market other people will do it for them in exchange for getting paid or a stake from their ICO that is why promotions for ICO projects are very effective since every member who has a social media account, can wear a signature, or a Youtube and Medium account can participate in their bounty campaigns just to promote their project. Honestly if the project isn't a scam but just a very bad project they can still find success on earning a lot of investors just because of their campaign, talking bad against a project without any solid reason to stay away from it will just make the project more interesting for others so really you can't change the course for this one as well. Maybe the most realistic approach here is for the investors itself to be smart on where they would invest and avoid these types of projects so they know that shitty projects have no place in the market.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
December 22, 2019, 04:16:41 PM
As far as this forum is concerned, Imo I would have suggested that the admin can also ensure that scam project are not allowed to advertise here but I think I have also seen some bounty threads being tagged as warning for participants (or maybe they should just remove such thread entirely).

On the other hand, is difficult to ascertain scam project at the beginning.
I advise that participants could choose to follow certain legit managers and managers that are producing scam projects will be alone to themselves and pack up with time  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
December 22, 2019, 01:10:47 PM
The thread is self moderated, though I would not be removing posts except if they are really terrible, it has nothing to do with whether you agree or disagree with me.

The other day, I read a post which the poster said:(i am not explicitly quoting the OP though)that if the altcoin market manages one good project out of the many that it produces daily, then it's a success for the altcoin market(i am not against his opinion, but I disagree)
Searching for good altcoin projects is now similar to looking for a needle in a haystack, you either get tired or exhausted and quit looking, or you find it after a terribly long, long time, this is synonymous to what altcoin investors will have to go through/and are going through, and it can only stop when the good projects are the only ones investors are attracted to.

But since the market is decentralized, and you cannot really prevent anyone from creating shitcoins, what can then be done to promote only the good projects, imo investors should avoid new projects for a while, they either are coming out with the same plan as the previous ones and will only fail just as their "predecessors" did, and focus more on the projects that are already in the market, picking out the few that are good and investing/promoting them. If new scam projects are not getting any substantial investors, I believe the good ones that are in circulation in the market already would improve and more good projects could sprout up from them.

Other valuable suggestions are welcomed, let's have a quality discussion.
Pages:
Jump to: