Pages:
Author

Topic: Tool to brute-force offline armory password? - page 2. (Read 3098 times)

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
We have an in-house tool for that purpose (as long as you remember enough of your password that is). Create a ticket and ask for that, it will be escalated to the right person.

Umm..wait...what? How is this possible on a secure wallet? We definitely need more explanation as to how this works. If YOU GUYS can do it ANYBODY can do it if they figure out how. Can you explain HOW you can do this?

Say you have a wallet for which you remember about 90% of your password, like you remember the particular letters and numbers, but not which of the letters are capitalized or where you put an underscore. This tool will take your base pattern and run all possibilities. The less you remember of your password, the harder a time it will have trying to complete it.

It can't guess your password out of thin air. You have to give us like 90~95% of your password to begin with.

as long as you remember enough of your password that is
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
We have an in-house tool for that purpose (as long as you remember enough of your password that is). Create a ticket and ask for that, it will be escalated to the right person.

Umm..wait...what? How is this possible on a secure wallet? We definitely need more explanation as to how this works. If YOU GUYS can do it ANYBODY can do it if they figure out how. Can you explain HOW you can do this?
Did you read the details? You have to remember most of your password.

Ok, so it seems like the tool just brute forces the rest of the password from the point you remember on. So, how much of my password do I need to remember for this to work? And, if I remember a good portion of my password, then it's likely a password I've used before and, thus, I'd remember the rest of it probably. So let's say I have a 40 character password. How much of that do I need to remember for this to work?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

Did you read the details? You have to remember most of your password.
Activity: 40

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer

https://support.bitcoinarmory.com/home
Activity: 18
I'm travelling and need to access my bitcoin that I keep in my cold storage wallet. Brought my offline laptop that houses my offline wallet with me knowing I'd likely need access to it. (I mention this because i do not have access to my unencrypted paper backup for a week until I get home).

Apparently, I used a hyper secure password which I cannot remember the exact details of. Here's the issue: I know how I made the password. It's X number of different phrases/passwords I've used before, spaced out with various symbols, with a symbol or three at the beginning/end. I spent 30 mins last night typing in every combo of those things I could remember, and kept failing. I know there are tools that can brute force a bitcoin wallet, but I have no idea if anything exists for armory. Would really help to have access to my coin before I got home next week.

Something that I could give some patterns to and let it try until it figured it out.

Anyone have any idea if there's any software that could help?
Pages:
Jump to: