Pages:
Author

Topic: Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian - Merry Christmas to all!!! - page 2. (Read 843 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 12
God does not kill us for working on Sabbath. God loves us, why would he do that?

I do not believe in a God who murders people, promotes slavery, supports rape etc either  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

Look at you, you are running up the hills with your Jesus under your arm.  So now it is the creator, not God who will punish you in hell?

I thought you wanted to argue that you need religion or believe in God to be moral?

You are full of it like the rest of the apologetics.

Morality comes from the community, the society you grew up in.  Some of us are born with empathy, some of us learn it from our parents, our friends, other members of one's family.  Some of us end up breaking the moral rules regardless what some tombstone or a book says.

While others are good and moral people DESPITE what the scriptures say, i.e. own slaves, stone adulterers or kill gays etc.

So take your apologetic BS and shove it deep up your ass because that is where it belongs.

Be a good person, and stop being a moron.

I am not sure I understand the difference between God and the creator

To me, they are synonymous. God created the universe, some call him God, others call him the Supreme Creator, they are the same. I am not trying to shift anything.

I believe that morality is absolute, not relative. This word "empathy" is also highly relative. A meat eater has no empathy for the chicken or the cow he is eating, is this empathy only applied for human beings?

When was last time you killed someone who worked on Saturday?  If you did not, you are the walking, breathing proof that morality is not absolute.  Full stop.

Look at you, you are running up the hills with your Jesus under your arm.  So now it is the creator, not God who will punish you in hell?

I thought you wanted to argue that you need religion or believe in God to be moral?

Morality comes from the community, the society you grew up in.  Some of us are born with empathy, some of us learn it from our parents, our friends, other members of one's family.  Some of us end up breaking the moral rules regardless what some tombstone or a book says.

While others are good and moral people DESPITE what the scriptures say, i.e. own slaves, stone adulterers or kill gays etc.

So take your apologetic BS and shove it deep up your ass because that is where it belongs.

I am not sure I understand the difference between God and the creator

To me, they are synonymous. God created the universe, some call him God, others call him the Supreme Creator, they are the same. I am not trying to shift anything.

I believe that morality is absolute, not relative. This word "empathy" is highly relative. A meat eater has no empathy for the chicken or the cow he is eating, is this empathy only applied for human beings?
legendary

Aren't we all?

You are an atheist with respect to 2999+ Gods humans invented over the years.  Some of us are atheists with respect to one more God than you.

You don't believe in Osiris, Zeus, Quetzalcoatl or Mitra, do you?

This question has been answered by John Lennox in this interview

Time where he answered the question starts at around the 09:55 minute mark

Lennox is learnt in the study of ancient theology, I am not. He makes a clear differentiation between God the Creator and all those ancient gods.

Look at you, you are running up the hills with your Jesus under your arm.  So now it is the creator, not God who will punish you in hell?

Morality comes from the community, the society you grew up in.  Some of us are born with empathy, some of us learn it from our parents, our friends, other members of one's family.  Some of us end up breaking the moral rules regardless what some tombstone or a book says.

Aren't we all?

You are an atheist with respect to 2999+ Gods humans invented over the years.  Some of us are atheists with respect to one more God than you.

This question has been answered by John Lennox in this interview

Time where he answered the question starts at around the 10:55 minute mark

Lennox is learnt in the study of ancient theology, I am not. He makes a clear differentiation between God the Creator and all those ancient gods.
legendary
Those child molesting priests are examples of people who use religion as a front to cover their hidden motives, they do not represent theists in any way. In fact, I believe that they don't know or believe in God, for they would never dare to do such a thing right in front of God.

Theists are people who know that God is always in their presence, those priests are clearly atheists.

Aren't we all?

Those child molesting priests are examples of people who use religion as a front to cover their hidden motives, they do not represent theists in any way. In fact, I believe that they don't know or believe in God, for they would never dare to do such a thing right in front of God.

Theists are people who know that God is always in their presence, those priests are clearly atheists.
legendary
Yes af_newbie, we do have a great legal framework, incarceration, rehabilitation programs to deal with such people, but these would be effective only if the person gets caught.

The question is if the person could get away scot-free every time, let's say he is extremely clever, so clever that he is able to commit crimes without leaving any tracks and never gets caught, what is stopping him from being morally corrupt?

When a person does not have any empathy for others and does not care about the law, nothing can stop such a person.  Ask all the priests who molested young boys.

You cannot convince such people that hell exists. If they are smart enough to avoid being caught, they are smart enough to figure out that religion is for suckers.  Fairy tales for old people.

Not sure what are you getting at?  
Yes af_newbie, we do have a great legal framework, incarceration, rehabilitation programs to deal with such people, but these would be effective only if the person gets caught.

The question is if the person could get away scot-free every time, let's say he is extremely clever, so clever that he is able to commit crimes without leaving any tracks and never gets caught, what is stopping him from being morally corrupt?
legendary

Some of us are born with this thing called empathy.

Yes, many of us are in fact, good humans with a sense of responsibility, care about others, have empathy etc.

I am not talking about us, I am talking about the humans who are criminals, thieves, murderers, how can morality be taught to them? They don't believe in our morality of empathy, they think it is weak.

Their morality is survival of the fittest etc. They will steal if they have to, lie if they have to, kill if they have to, in order to fulfill their needs. If they can get away with it every time, what is stopping them from continuing to do so?

We have developed a secular legal framework, incarceration, rehabilitation etc. to deal with such people.  Notice that churches never run prisons or punish criminals.   Instead they "forgive them" as long as they join their cult, pay the price.  Truly sickening to see them protecting the rapists and pedophiles.

Raising a child is more than forcing him/her to memorize the 10 commandments and scare them with hell and eternal damnation.

How many MS13 gang members were born in Christian families? All of them.  Clearly, you need more than the imaginary hell to raise a well-adjusted child.

Yes, many of us are in fact, good humans with a sense of responsibility, care about others, have empathy etc.

I am not talking about us, I am talking about the humans who are criminals, thieves, murderers, how can morality be taught to them? They don't believe in our morality of empathy, they think it is weak.

Their morality is survival of the fittest etc. They will steal if they have to, lie if they have to, kill if they have to, in order to fulfill their needs. If they can get away with it every time, what is stopping them from continuing to do so?

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
Christianity gives us happy christmas holidays, what holidays has atheism given us Grin

Doesn't holidays but the way we celebrate is kinda more fun unlike the others, can't eat pork, can't drink beer wines, doesnt have christmas, celebrating ramadan just for the muslims, etc... We can celebrate all of them without any worries.

Nothing has been considered as holidays for us but we are the true nature of being neutral at all times, we dont even need holidays just to celebrate anything  as we also have birthdays, anniversaries and so on...

As for the OP.

[+1]

Nailed it.Cool
legendary
I don't understand where atheism gets its morality from? What is stopping an atheist from stealing, lying, cheating etc? There is no karma, no God, no punishment.

The normal answer I get is that a person who cheats, steals, and lies would be condemned by the society that he is living in, so it would make sense that even an atheist would act moral.

But what if he can do it without the knowledge of anyone? What if nobody could ever catch him because he is simply too clever? If he could get away scot-free every single time, what is stopping the atheist from being morally corrupt?

I don't understand where atheism gets its morality from? What is stopping an atheist from stealing, lying, cheating etc? There is no karma, no God, no punishment.

The normal answer I get is that a person who cheats, steals, and lies would be condemned by the society that he is living in, so it would make sense that even an atheist would act moral.

But what if he can do it without the knowledge of anyone? What if nobody could ever catch him because he is simply too clever? If he could get away scot-free every single time, what is stopping the atheist from being morally corrupt?
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
Serious question, when did the proselytizing wing of atheism start? For people who are so against religion, you sure seem to be keen on forming your own.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
Can we upgrade all religions if needed?  Smiley for example

Jesus Pro
Islam 2.0

Please describe these upgrades, how are they different from the original?

It was supposed to be a joke but if one wants to upgrade an existing religion doctrine then start with the basics which OP pointed out in the descriptions 10-2. Christians can update easily if they really want to because the way I see it they are very much engaged in this type of discussion. so maybe in the next 100 years or so will see some modification in Christianity.

Coming to Islam, there is no space for any kind of upgrade or even discussion in Islam because according to Muslim it's perfect and doesn't need any modifications. so no discussion Period!
Founder of Islam played a long con when he said that he's the Last Prophet. 

Happy New Year. i hope you guys had fun with your loved ones.

legendary

2. Don't shit where you eat.

Hmm...

How to phrase this?

Hmm...

Is it really a divine rule and all? Yeah? M'kay

Don't pollute water, air, and soil.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

Hmm...

How to phrase this?

Hmm...

Is it really a divine rule and all? Yeah? M'kay
legendary
Can we upgrade all religions if needed?  Smiley for example

Jesus Pro
Islam 2.0

Please describe these upgrades, how are they different from the original?

1. You only have one life to live, use it wisely.
3. Be nice to nature, nature will be nice to you. 
4. Trust, but verify.
5. Be skeptical, don't trust your senses or gut feelings.
Pages:
Jump to: