Pages:
Author

Topic: Topic - page 2. (Read 1255 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 27, 2016, 12:52:44 PM
The only reason politics works is, people don't think about why situations around them happen as they do. We all know that we often don't think of all the ideas. We like to listen to others tell us their views. Politicians are snakes that have figure out the wording to use to play on our emotions, so that we believe what they say, even when we don't.

Most of us simply don't think deeply enough to know how to counter a politician's words that we are against. Often we simply end up believing him because we can't find our own way to counter him.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
December 27, 2016, 11:21:10 AM
Can you elaborate? As a Political Science major and someone who will run for political office one day, I believe politics is vitally important to the future of the country. Not all -- not even a majority for that matter -- of politicians are corrupt.

Good luck with such decision Smiley
It's true that not all politicians are bad or corrupted, but public feel this way, it's fact.
Can we change public opinion?
I don't think so.
You see, even if media find one bad guy among 1 000 politicians, it will be enough to create image that all politicians are corrupt.
Right question is who is ''decision maker'' today?
Big companies, media or politicians?
Should we really blame politicians for everything?

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
December 27, 2016, 02:32:19 AM
Can you elaborate? As a Political Science major and someone who will run for political office one day, I believe politics is vitally important to the future of the country. Not all -- not even a majority for that matter -- of politicians are corrupt.

Maybe he is just disillusioned by the current system. Living in a country run primarily by politicians from oligarchic clans, I definitely share the same sentiment.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
December 26, 2016, 11:21:17 PM
Activity: 201
Merit: 103
December 26, 2016, 09:36:53 PM
Deleted
Pages:
Jump to: