Pages:
Author

Topic: Topic to everone who want still invest on mining rig (GPU) - page 2. (Read 1769 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
When KnC Miner ships their 250Mh units most sCrypt coins will be unminable with GPU. The competition will be too big. So then all us guys with GPUs will switch to X11 or other algo coins.

Keep your GPUs and mine some coins. I recommend Darkcoin, I see it going to .01 soon, maybe more.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
So i see many people speak differently... ASIC or scrypt :-)
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
you can mine HVC,i think ATM its ASIC resistant  Tongue
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
sell and buy pizza and ice cream
the end is near
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
GPUs will always have something useful to do. You can mine scrypt, scrypt-n/jane/x11/whatever, or the next big thing, or do folding@home, or GIMPS, or sell them to gamers.

ASICs are very expensive coffee-warming paperweights once the difficulty of whatever algo they mine goes high enough.

Take that all for what it's worth.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
If you're going to drop $4,000, either find some used equipment or find another $6,000 and get a Titan from KNC. ROI is going to be hard to come by over the next few months.  A lot of coins are starting to become highly unprofitable and it'll be even more so in places where electricity costs are higher.
Personally I would sell everything and use the proceeds to buy the Gridseed ASIC Scrypt miners instead.

That's just my personal opinion.

But gridseed cost 6000$ for only 6mh/s. When KnC will come, gridseed can come to toilet :-) (i think). For GPU is x11 or n-scrypt.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Personally I would sell everything and use the proceeds to buy the Gridseed ASIC Scrypt miners instead.

That's just my personal opinion.
Hi everyone!

I have massive problem. I read all forum about it but first...

I bought 2 x corsair 1000W + mobo + etc and i want to buy 6x 290. But i don't have still them because i was on holiday. Now when i came back i read i saw ASIC.... and that's a problem.

Ok the point is:

buy GPU and start mining? everything will cost me around 4000$ or sell everything and forget it? How do you think guys/girls?

And i forget: i don't pay for electricity.
Pages:
Jump to: