Pages:
Author

Topic: Total BTC lost at Hashocean.com ponzi? - page 4. (Read 4362 times)

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 26, 2016, 09:26:05 PM
You posted on wrong section

Definitely this is right.
Couldnt have lost the whole 5750btc cause there had to be some payouts from some address. I havent checked the addy but there are onlyincomming transactions on it?

This is a very big amount, and not a joke either. I knew it that hashocean is going to run very soon. They did just get the trust of the people
for almost two years and now it happened. Hash ocean is a millionaire now.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 960
100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!
June 26, 2016, 09:25:08 PM
Just a rough guesstimate, I'd say somewhere from 100-500 btc was lost in this mess.
It was apparently more then that. According to this thread, all the BTC was sent to a single address, and totals just shy of 5,750BTC.

Couldnt have lost the whole 5750btc cause there had to be some payouts from some address. I havent checked the addy but there are onlyincomming transactions on it?

Well, if you assume that address belongs to the person behind Hashocean (I have not looked into it), then 5,750BTC is the amount that the owner stole from it's customers. It appears that someone has sent a number of transactions to merge together inputs that were in other addresses in his wallet into one single input. The person behind hashocean would have received a larger amount of money from his customers and used some of that money in order to pay what they claimed to be mining revenue.

If someone can post their deposit address, then I can take a look and see if that address likely belongs to hashocean or not.

https://blockchain.info/address/1E7nZL51JyVd5SfQ2uJqLyyUwRZ852UsS8

^I sent them about .02 coins total, I can only find that one tho
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
June 26, 2016, 07:39:57 PM
Just a rough guesstimate, I'd say somewhere from 100-500 btc was lost in this mess.
It was apparently more then that. According to this thread, all the BTC was sent to a single address, and totals just shy of 5,750BTC.

Well, if you assume that address belongs to the person behind Hashocean (I have not looked into it), then 5,750BTC is the amount that the owner stole from it's customers. It appears that someone has sent a number of transactions to merge together inputs that were in other addresses in his wallet into one single input. The person behind hashocean would have received a larger amount of money from his customers and used some of that money in order to pay what they claimed to be mining revenue.

If someone can post their deposit address, then I can take a look and see if that address likely belongs to hashocean or not.
legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 4469
June 26, 2016, 07:31:36 PM

copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
June 26, 2016, 07:28:52 PM
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
June 26, 2016, 06:17:51 PM
lol,it closed today?any idea how many members got scammed?too bad for all these clueless people who bought their bs about cloud mining and lost their valuable money there,i always try to warn newbies to stay away fom ponzis but people are greedy and they always hunt easy money,anyway i hope they learned their lesson.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130
June 26, 2016, 06:04:12 PM
Hi guys,

Can we somehow get an estimate what order of magnitude BTC is stolen by this ponzi that went down today?
We can collect addresses to add them up? or is there better way to estimate this?
You posted on wrong section, this topic should be on investor-based games section. And im just know if hashocean down, no idea how many btc their stole ,but i think some people already predicted if this would be happens.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
June 26, 2016, 05:56:57 PM
Hi guys,

Can we somehow get an estimate what order of magnitude BTC is stolen by this ponzi that went down today?
We can collect addresses to add them up? or is there better way to estimate this?

Did someone say hash?

Really sorry to see another big scam going down.
Have they made any statement about a "hack"?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 26, 2016, 05:50:11 PM
oh shit
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
June 26, 2016, 05:19:49 PM
Oh no, it closes?  Sad
Luckily i not invest anything on that page, but i was about to do.

The last record before a change, was: June 26, 2016 4:28:36 GMT.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
June 26, 2016, 04:42:52 PM
Who called it? I DID!!!!

Just a rough guesstimate, I'd say somewhere from 100-500 btc was lost in this mess. Cloud mining is unprofitable. Anything that isn't is a scam.

I'm pretty sure everyone with half a brain knew it was a ponzi scam.  But I'd be willing to bet a whole lot more than 500 btc was stolen by hashocean...a lot of idiots signed up & swore their money on it being legit  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
June 26, 2016, 04:39:24 PM
Who called it? I DID!!!!

Just a rough guesstimate, I'd say somewhere from 100-500 btc was lost in this mess. Cloud mining is unprofitable. Anything that isn't is a scam.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Bitcoin amateur learning by doing
June 26, 2016, 04:30:27 PM
Hi guys,

Pages:
Jump to: