Pages:
Author

Topic: Total newbie, some concerns about investing in two rigs - page 2. (Read 2141 times)

Activity: 304
Merit: 250
Do your part for Bitcoin!
Monitor dummy plugs:
  I want to run my two rigs with 4x 5850 cards each without any external I/O. Do I NEED at least one monitor to keep them running?
  Or do I just need one monitor to boot up?
  Or do I even need 8 dummy plugs for each card? Can those be bought or must they be built by myself?

One dummy plug for each graphics cards minus the connected to the monitor.

Two rigs, one account? How do I mine with two rigs to the same wallet file? Or won't it matter if I just have two wallets and simply split everything?

You did not even try to read Helpful Articles for Newcomers (Please read before asking for support.) did you.

Helpful Articles for Newcomers (Please read before asking for support.)

Graphic card compatibility: Are there any graphic cards that won't fit on the MSI GD70 boards - like physically not fitting next to each other because they are too high?
  Can I mix up cards from different labels, like 2 Sapphire, 1 Asus and one XFX?

Yes you can mix up cards.

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Personally, I think you're betting off buying bitcoins on the market and holding them for a few weeks / months. I think you'll make a much greater profit, but that's my opinion.

Good luck.
Activity: 98
While I don't believe you have done enough research (the wallet question alone suggests that), I wish you luck since you are clearly spending a lot of money that you expect to earn back.  I am not sure what you are trying to say about even difficulty, but I think it doesn't matter since I think you have already made the investment.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
With all due respect, you have not done nearly enough research to start mining.  You need to ask yourself whether you know enough about bitcoin to actually mine your way to profitability (i.e. research "difficulty").  Have you looked at trading, the price volatility and a lot of historical data to determine for yourself whether you will ever recover your investment little enough make a profit?  

It is clear that you have not done much research because the answers to all your questions are easily found in these forums.  Don't jump into the ring until you know exactly what you are up against.  You can do the research diligently in a short amount of time (referring to everything that I have mentioned).

I hope you take this response seriously and make a sane and logical choice and not an emotional one (driven by excitement and lust for easy money).

I think I have done enough research considering bitcoins itself, trade value and EVEN difficulty, yeah!, that is not what I asked for. All I want to know is how to get my rig up and running, it's just a hardware issue. Sure, I can just buy all that stuff that I already put together in some webshops, but I tend to ask for advise before encountering problems which could have been avoided with just a little question at someone who is already in this business. We're talking about 2000€ here, I'm not a guy who spends such amounts of money hoping everthing will turn out just fine.

I searched this forum for hours regarding the VGA dummys, but all I came up with were people already knowing everything about these things and discussing what is best for overclocking etc.
Activity: 9
When it comes to GPU's yeah... you can mix then up, but some companies use custom PCB and clock rates which can effect performance. with ATI, I've always Stuck to Sapphire... and for a good reason, with two 6970 Im getting 56~59c Max load with the fan pushed up to 90% with no additional cooling, the same applies to my old 5770 which has lower temps. It might be to my case arrangements, but who knows.
Activity: 98
Hi there,

the big Bitcoin wave just hit Germany so I want to try this with two rigs mining me some money. But I have some concerns and I am not 100% sure about these things:

• Monitor dummy plugs:
      I want to run my two rigs with 4x 5850 cards each without any external I/O. Do I NEED at least one monitor to keep them running?
      Or do I even need 8 dummy plugs for each card? Can those be bought or must they be built by myself?
  • Two rigs, one account? How do I mine with two rigs to the same wallet file? Or won't it matter if I just have two wallets and simply split everything?
  • Graphic card compatibility: Are there any graphic cards that won't fit on the MSI GD70 boards - like physically not fitting next to each other because they are too high?

With all due respect, you have not done nearly enough research to start mining.  You need to ask yourself whether you know enough about bitcoin to actually mine your way to profitability (i.e. research "difficulty").  Have you looked at trading, the price volatility and a lot of historical data to determine for yourself whether you will ever recover your investment little enough make a profit?  

It is clear that you have not done much research because the answers to all your questions are easily found in these forums.  Don't jump into the ring until you know exactly what you are up against.  You can do the research diligently in a short amount of time (referring to everything that I have mentioned).

I hope you take this response seriously and make a sane and logical choice and not an emotional one (driven by excitement and lust for easy money).
Activity: 9
Monitor dummy plugs:

A computer does not need a screen to be connected to start up.

Two rigs, one account? How do I mine with two rigs to the same wallet file? Or won't it matter if I just have two wallets and simply split everything?

It is suggested to use the same Bitcoin Address for all your pool work (this means it'll be the same wallet of course).

Graphic card compatibility: Are there any graphic cards that won't fit on the MSI GD70 boards - like physically not fitting next to each other because they are too high?

You can try, but it's generally saver to use crossfire, due to bios or driver problems that might arise otherwise, and running several different cards is generally a very rarely used approach, so finding support (online or official) would be limited too.
Activity: 51
Hi there,

the big Bitcoin wave just hit Germany so I want to try this with two rigs mining me some money. But I have some concerns and I am not 100% sure about these things:

• Monitor dummy plugs:
  • Two rigs, one account? How do I mine with two rigs to the same wallet file? Or won't it matter if I just have two wallets and simply split everything?
  • Graphic card compatibility: Are there any graphic cards that won't fit on the MSI GD70 boards - like physically not fitting next to each other because they are too high?
Pages:
Jump to: