Pages:
Author

Topic: Tourists killed in Tunisia museum attack - page 2. (Read 1540 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
March 18, 2015, 03:55:59 PM
I would never visit the middle east and affected African states where this issue of these ISIS/ISIL militants are and they have lax security, and Tunisia most definitely falls into that category. Why are western governments not telling their people not to bother travelling to these places? If these people are ISIS expect more casualties, possibly all.
Na. I go there all the time. I just got back about two months ago from Jordan. I was there when they caught that pilot who was burned alive. But when you are in the mid east you realize how local many of these events are. It's a little like Japanese tourists in the USA. They are often very frightened of gang violence. Convinced that motorcycle gangs will attack the tour bus Mad Max style. When you live in the US you can see how silly that is, even though there are violent gangs here. 

Very few people support DASCH. They are often the butt of jokes and the subject of scorn. People say things like "maybe if we pray for DASCH they'll convert to Islam." Or the guy I met who, upon seeing my beard, asked if I was here to join the Jihad. I told him I tried, but they kicked me out for being "too radical".  You would think that joke is too dark to be funny, but there are a lot of dark Jihadi jokes.
legendary
Activity: 954
Merit: 1000
March 18, 2015, 03:36:10 PM
I thought Tunisia had no terrorists or such groups claiming killings. I just visited Tunisia last year and it seemed like a peaceful place. Can't believe this happening.
Seems a lot of unexpected attacks have been happening in Africa this year.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
March 18, 2015, 10:12:30 AM
Another part of a bbc article :

British, Italian, French and Spanish nationals were among those taken hostage, local radio reported. The shooting happened at the Bardo Museum, which is next to the parliament building in central Tunis. At the time of the attack deputies were discussing anti-terrorism legislation. Parliament has now been evacuated. "A terrorist attack [targeted] the Bardo Museum," interior ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Aroui told journalists. He said that the attack involved "two or more terrorists armed with Kalashnikovs". Most tourists were evacuated but some were still believed to be inside, Mr Aroui said, adding that security forces had entered the museum. The museum, renowned for its collection of antiquities, is a major attraction in Tunis.

Source : http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-31941672

I don't know if they are "affiliated" to the ISIS group, or only a "crazy" separated terrorist operation. I will report here more articles in the next few hours.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
March 18, 2015, 09:56:38 AM
I would never visit the middle east and affected African states where this issue of these ISIS/ISIL militants are and they have lax security, and Tunisia most definitely falls into that category. Why are western governments not telling their people not to bother travelling to these places? If these people are ISIS expect more casualties, possibly all.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
March 18, 2015, 09:45:26 AM
Armed men have killed seven tourists and a Tunusian citizen in an attack on a museum in Tunisia's capital Tunis, according the interior ministry spokesman.

Tunisian media reports also suggested that Tunisia's National assembly adjacent to the museum also came under attack on Wednesday, with politicians saying gunfire could be heard at the scene.

"There are eight victims" including "seven foreigners", ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Aroui told reporters.

More at : http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/shots-heard-tunisia-parliament-building-150318114520583.html

What the hell is happening in Tunisia ? Do you think he is a terrorist (Roll Eyes) or only a crazy/sad man?

If you take a look at the known foreigner jihadists in ISIS you will see that one of the biggest contributor is Tunisia. In next door Libya the local ISIS branch is also gaining ground rather quickly. So he could be easily a terrorist.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
March 18, 2015, 09:19:47 AM
Armed men have killed seven tourists and a Tunusian citizen in an attack on a museum in Tunisia's capital Tunis, according the interior ministry spokesman.

Tunisian media reports also suggested that Tunisia's National assembly adjacent to the museum also came under attack on Wednesday, with politicians saying gunfire could be heard at the scene.

"There are eight victims" including "seven foreigners", ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Aroui told reporters.

More at : http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/shots-heard-tunisia-parliament-building-150318114520583.html

What the hell is happening in Tunisia ? Do you think he is a terrorist (Roll Eyes) or only a crazy/sad man?
Pages:
Jump to: