Pages:
Author

Topic: trade against USD or BTC? - page 3. (Read 494 times)

Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
August 20, 2019, 03:41:21 PM
so you guys trading with btc - do you not trade into USDT when all is going down?
I have never traded with USDT, all in to trade for BTC / satoshi's. I think you have adopted the strategy of most traders that are trying to save their assets through USDT.

So is it not better to focus on the stable coin as base currency which will of course increase your BTC over time?
If you have failed with it as a base pair, try something else which you think that you can excel. You don't have to stay with that pair if you keep failing, you need to search for something that will make your trade better.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
August 20, 2019, 03:30:02 PM
so you guys trading with btc - do you not trade into USDT when all is going down? So is it not better to focus on the stable coin as base currency which will of course increase your BTC over time?

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
August 20, 2019, 12:16:55 PM
In my opinion, trade with what you want to accumulate. Are you trading to increase your BTC holdings for a bigger long-term investment holding? Trade against BTC. Do you just care about USD profits and couldn't care less about bitcoin? Then trade against USD.
Activity: 484
Merit: 11
August 20, 2019, 12:16:47 PM
I always trade with BTC pair, because I do prefer to hold or collect more bitcoin. I have personally target that I'll tethered my bitcoin when its already $20K/BTC. Trades altcoin with USDT sometime make me lose in BTC estimate value then BTC prices go up and altcoin dump as usual.
August 20, 2019, 12:02:22 PM
and how about today when all seems a bit uncertain / sideways?

further to my post - I think some of you will ask my goal more BTC or USD?

To be honest, - BOTH!

But if I am always trading against USDT would that not also naturally increase BTC?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017
August 20, 2019, 11:57:12 AM
Maybe someone expierenced or Ben can help me with this - I am having real trouble grasping whether to be trading against BTC or USDT? Many seem to say BTC, but I have been in situations when trading alt coins against BTC and they are 4 % up yet I have lost money because both were down against USD.

Is there any simple rule of thumb as to when to trade against USD and BTC?

Maybe always trade against USD unless BTC is in Bull Mode /?
Bear market trade in usd, bull maket trade in btc.
August 20, 2019, 11:56:16 AM
Maybe someone expierenced or Ben can help me with this - I am having real trouble grasping whether to be trading against BTC or USDT? Many seem to say BTC, but I have been in situations when trading alt coins against BTC and they are 4 % up yet I have lost money because both were down against USD.

Is there any simple rule of thumb as to when to trade against USD and BTC?

Maybe always trade against USD unless BTC is in Bull Mode /?
Pages:
Jump to: