Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌟 TRADE Your Physical Cryptos HERE 🌟 - page 2. (Read 11304 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Kialara 2015 Coin x2 for $200 gift card from Gyft.com.. Can provide login details for a trusted member to check.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-titan-one-physical-bitcoin-983623

That loaded titan is only @ 1.05BTC currently. I know the guy selling and can tell you he is 100% legit.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Casascius made a gold coin loaded with 1000 BTC. I think there were only around five though and it's a tad out of reach for most. The Titan is the prettier coin for me anyway.

Do you know anyone the sells a Titan? Please can someone post here if they are selling.
they are for sale on their website. I don't see any reason why you would not buy directly from them at this point.

You can also find them on eBay, where you may be able to negotiate a better price.

Do Titan coins come loaded?
Like I said physical coins tend to sell for a preimum not a discount on the secondary market. And yes they come loaded with the face value of the coin.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht

You can also find them on eBay, where you may be able to negotiate a better price.

They do. There are lots of knockoffs on Ebay now with the same design but they don't attempt to pass themselves off as genuine.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
Casascius made a gold coin loaded with 1000 BTC. I think there were only around five though and it's a tad out of reach for most. The Titan is the prettier coin for me anyway.

Do you know anyone the sells a Titan? Please can someone post here if they are selling.
they are for sale on their website. I don't see any reason why you would not buy directly from them at this point.

copper member

I have seen one go for a lot cheaper on the forum. I will edit this post when I find the link..
Physical coins tend to sell at a preimum here above what they sell for directly from the manufacturer. the price on their website is not that much above the value of the Bitcoin they come loaded with plus the value of the precious metal that makes up the coin.
legendary
Welt Am Draht

I have seen one go for a lot cheaper on the forum. I will edit this post when I find the link..

This one? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-1oz-gold-titan-one-btc-cheaper-then-retail-1casacius-2013-926947

I think it's the only one I've seen out in the wild.

copper member

legendary
Welt Am Draht
What's your favorite physical crypto coin?

Any that are taking off alongside Casascius?

Mine must be the Kialara 2015 Labyrinth. That coin is so beautiful and it has a nice game included with small balls. I also love the St. Petersburg Casacius. I can't remember the name on this other coin but it is 1 Troy Ounce of gold and has 1 Bitcoin loaded. I dont if it was a lealana or what.

There are a few such coins. However I think you're refering to the Titan Bitcoin. They make awesome coins. Check their site: www.titanbtc.com

Yes! The Titan Bitcoin. The one for like $1800.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

Mine must be the Kialara 2015 Labyrinth. That coin is so beautiful and it has a nice game included with small balls. I also love the St. Petersburg Casacius. I can't remember the name on this other coin but it is 1 Troy Ounce of gold and has 1 Bitcoin loaded. I dont if it was a lealana or what.

There are a few such coins. However I think you're refering to the Titan Bitcoin. They make awesome coins. Check their site: www.titanbtc.com

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
Price guides + becketts are the reason people are informed of the price of collectibles. They arent only used for trading guidance either but a number of other things. Without price guides the exact situation would happen as it is here where people are confused on the price of something and then they get ripped off. It's hard to put prices on crypto coins because of the limited market for them but there is a ball park estimate of what each coin is worth.

Fair enough, you're right on both counts. These things are harder to price than bitcoins themselves Cool
Activity: 910
Merit: 530
$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP
It's a free market, I don't think anybody is "scammed" or ripped off if they voluntarily buy something- no one forced them to buy it. A collectible item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Obviously people are going to try and get the most money they can when selling their items- because life costs money and they're trying to make money. If I'm selling a Casascius coin and someone offers me 2BTC and another person offers me 3BTC, who do you think I would sell it to? The person paying 3BTC obviously. Now if someone said- "3BTC is too much for me to pay for a Casascius coin, I think I'm going to look other places for a better price," then good for them- that is their choice and their option to do so as a consumer in a free market. No one held a gun to their head and forced them to buy that coin for 3BTC.

Just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
I think it's be appropriate so the seller isn't getting scammed out of their money and they have a ballpark estimate of what the coin is worth and they can use that base price as a guideline whether they want to pay higher or lower for it. It's really easy to just claim a price on a coin or collectible and someone will pay or sell at that price because they are misinformed of the actual item and the seller or buyer knows that and takes advantage of them.

Anyone who purchases a collectible item without knowing its value is a fool.

Price guides + becketts are the reason people are informed of the price of collectibles. They arent only used for trading guidance either but a number of other things. Without price guides the exact situation would happen as it is here where people are confused on the price of something and then they get ripped off. It's hard to put prices on crypto coins because of the limited market for them but there is a ball park estimate of what each coin is worth.
legendary
I think it's be appropriate so the seller isn't getting scammed out of their money and they have a ballpark estimate of what the coin is worth and they can use that base price as a guideline whether they want to pay higher or lower for it. It's really easy to just claim a price on a coin or collectible and someone will pay or sell at that price because they are misinformed of the actual item and the seller or buyer knows that and takes advantage of them.

Anyone who purchases a collectible item without knowing its value is a fool.
legendary
Personally I believe a 2-3x valuation is appropriate for a loaded Casascius coin in mint condition. You're paying 1x for the face value of the coin and 1-2x for the numismatic value that is "Casascius".

Are you looking to sell for 2x face value or what

I see this often enough that I feel like I need to address it.

The value of a collectible coin doesn't have anything to do with its face value.

"2x face value", etc, is simply not how coins are priced, and it doesn't make sense to say things like this.

Here's how a coin is priced:

+ + =

For bullion coins, like Krugerrands or silver Maple Leafs, the intrinsic value is the value of the metal. For a Casascius coin, the intrinsic value is the face value plus the value of any precious metals.

The numismatic value is the amount of additional money the coin would fetch, based on its rarity or desirability as a collectible.

The seller's premium is the profit margin of the seller.

Note how there are no multiplication (x) symbols in the above equation; only plus (+) symbols.

Using the "?x face value" system does nothing but help people with high-face value coins rip off the general coin-buying public. "Buy my 10btc coin for 30btc -- only 3x face value! It's just like getting an 0.5btc coin for 1.5btc!" -- this glosses over the fact that the seller is asking a TWENTY BTC PREMIUM for a coin that's not even one of the most rare Casascius coins. Think about that. Even at today's exchange rates, that's a TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLAR premium. For a privately-minted round issued in 2013.

Go into a coin store and tell them about this, watch their jaw hit the floor.

Something to think about Smiley

This "x face value" gibberish is one of the more enduring stupidities around this place (no offense, possum...)
Pages:
Jump to: