Pages:
Author

Topic: TradeHill - Now accepting EUR deposits - EUR market is live! - page 3. (Read 9986 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
There is quite a bit flowing in. A few people have been credited and when they log back in will most likely place orders.
The liquidity should be there quickly.

I'm excited to watch this market grow.

Jered
Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Would work if anyone was bying with €.
Or am I missing something here https://www.tradehill.com/MarketData/EUR

SEPA transfers take a few days. Tomorrow you will probably start to see some activity
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
Live Long and Prosper
--> USD to BTC ; BTC to EUR <--

Cheesy

bitmarket.eu has some liquidity in EUR. I myself have sold a couple of dozen BTC on there. thing is - you need to process the payments, release the BTC yourself.. if youre a TRADER, it's not for you.
Yeah I checked them out a while ago.
I don't like it.My only hope now is for Gox to get their shit together.

On a side note:If Mark dies, are Gox users fucked?
Seems he's the one with the major strings.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank

Cheesy

bitmarket.eu has some liquidity in EUR. I myself have sold a couple of dozen BTC on there. thing is - you need to process the payments, release the BTC yourself.. if youre a TRADER, it's not for you.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Most likely payments are still being processed by banks/tradehill...

On a side note:
Now I also got some 0.1 Australian cents from referrals - it seems though that the minimum trade amount is 1 unit of each fiat currency (1 USD, 1 AUD, 1 LR). How will I ever get anything for this AUD?! I can't buy BTC with it, I can't withdraw it and I can't transfer it to someone's account who might have some use for it... Please make commissions give BTC (and ONLY BTC!) either via a switch for each currency or by default really soon.
Live Long and Prosper

Cheesy

Cheesy

Live Long and Prosper
Hope you get the trade in $ and withdraw in € working quickly,otherwise I still have to put up with Gox.
Got excited for nothing!
We've updated the deposit info.
If your bank had requested more information it is now available.

Personally I'm really looking forward to the EUR/BTC pair.
We want a distributed system with multiple exchanges etc we shouldn't all be using USD as the benchmark.

It should also be faster / cheaper for Europeans to trade EUR/BTC than USD/BTC.

Jered
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
This exactly what I wanted to use TradeHill
Activity: 303
I think a native EUR market (and other currencies) is a very good idea. I hope it becomes succesful enough for people to stop thinking bitcoins are denominated in $$$ Smiley

Exactly. A native market for BTC/EUR will eventually provide the necessary liquidity. The Euro is the world's second largest reserve currency and it is used significantly in global trade. SEPA provides the speed and maintains the low cost for deposits/withdrawals to and from TradeHill. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Euro_Payments_Area

Those wanting to fund for the thUSD trading platform can simply instruct their European-based bank to convert to USD and send outbound international wire (non-SEPA) to the USD deposit account https://www.tradehill.com/DepositOverview/USD

This is a positive development for TradeHill.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1022
No Maps for These Territories
I think a native EUR market (and other currencies) is a very good idea. I hope it becomes succesful enough for people to stop thinking bitcoins are denominated in $$$ Smiley
It looks like EUR and USD are completely separate systems, so that if I deposit EUR I can't buy in the USD market, and if I sell in USD I can't withdraw to SEPA. Is that correct? If so it severely limits the usefulness.
You can however just buy Bitcoins in USD and sell them in EUR ... I guess the problem is here, that trading Bitcoins is not a currency exchange - if
Tradehill offers to directly exchange EUR to USD however, they might need different licenses etc.

Great to hear about the EUR market though, another currency to add to my referral income (and finally a useful one!)... Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the comments!

Yes, we are looking into the implications of allowing a direct conversion. Until then, you could buy in USD and sell in EUR.

Regards,
Adam
legendary
Activity: 2618
It looks like EUR and USD are completely separate systems, so that if I deposit EUR I can't buy in the USD market, and if I sell in USD I can't withdraw to SEPA. Is that correct? If so it severely limits the usefulness.
You can however just buy Bitcoins in USD and sell them in EUR... I guess the problem is here, that trading Bitcoins is not a currency exchange - if
Tradehill offers to directly exchange EUR to USD however, they might need different licenses etc.

Great to hear about the EUR market though, another currency to add to my referral income (and finally a useful one!)... Looking forward to it!

Yes, I believe you are right. It's good to have an EUR market, but on the other hand we loose liquidity...

We're talking about this right now. We really want to see an active EUR market but would like to provide a choice of USD / EUR and possibly others with your SEPA transfer.
Ideally you should be able to trade both equally. We will announce something very soon. It shouldn't be too complicated.

Jered
Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Yes, I believe you are right. It's good to have an EUR market, but on the other hand we loose liquidity...
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1652
Excellent Development.
I have 2 questions:
- What are boxes E, F and G for?
- I am trying to make an online transfer, but my bank doesn't allow me to include dots ('.') in the notes so I can't type my email there... Is there an alternative way of doing this?

You don't need  . or @ out, it's just to connect it to your account.

Boxes E F G are for other forms. We used a generic form to build the site and will be releasing a new UI soon that will be a lot more user friendly.

Jered
Will the new UI require me to enter the BTC-amount I will be depositing?Don't see the point of specifying the deposit amount.

This is more of an internal issue than it has to do with the UI. We're looking at other options like a static address that you can always send to etc.
We would like to make a few changes to the system and announce that. If they are implemented first the UI will reflect it, if the UI is released first it will still require you to input your deposit.
The timeline isn't set in stone because we're outsourcing the UI and developing the other parts in house. I can't give you a solid ETA for the same reason unfortunately.

Jered
Live Long and Prosper
I have 2 questions:
- What are boxes E, F and G for?
- I am trying to make an online transfer, but my bank doesn't allow me to include dots ('.') in the notes so I can't type my email there... Is there an alternative way of doing this?

You don't need  . or @ out, it's just to connect it to your account.

Boxes E F G are for other forms. We used a generic form to build the site and will be releasing a new UI soon that will be a lot more user friendly.

Jered
Will the new UI require me to enter the BTC-amount I will be depositing?Don't see the point of specifying the deposit amount.
Pages:
Jump to: