Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading - page 2. (Read 700 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 12, 2017, 04:04:04 AM
HI, i'm new in the cryptocurrency world and i would like to know some things:
1. Where do you trade altcoins/bitcoin and why? Bittrex/Poloniex?
2. Where's the best place to change bitcoin/altcoins into FIAT with the lowest fees?
3. What's your strategy in trading and how much do you invest in it?
Thank you so much for all your answers!

I swing trade BTC on GDAX and I hedge for the short term on Bitmex. I consider GDAX the best place to sell for fiat (but they only offer fiat markets for BTC, LTC and ETH if you are looking for other altcoins). By using limit orders, you can pay zero fees on GDAX.

I started trading back in 2012 and worked my way up from a < $200 deposit. I don't use much margin and I focus on catching the bulk of moves on the daily/weekly charts. I've also learned the hard way: if you are holding either BTC or USD (BTC for weeks or longer, USD for months or longer), get it off the exchanges. You never know when an exchange might disappear with your money, get hacked, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
September 12, 2017, 03:53:27 AM
you should choose the exchange that you like and fits your needs and also the one that you agree with the terms of. not what others choose and use!

2. Where's the best place to change bitcoin/altcoins into FIAT with the lowest fees?
most bitcoin exchanges have the same fees which is nearly the same. just choose the top like coinbase and use that.
although it mainly depends on which fee withdrawal options you are looking for. exchanges offer different methods with different fees.

simply invest what you can afford to lose.
start small
and gain experience first,. there is no rush.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
September 12, 2017, 03:44:53 AM
1. Both are legit exchanges, I'd go with Poloniex because It has more trading volumes but Bittrex has more coins so It really depends on what you are trying to trade.
2. Coinbase If you want a fast method otherwise you can use Paxful, Localbitcoins as It's P2P trading so they charge less fees.
3. I don't do day trading or anything and this may not be the best strategy, but I usually find an interesting project that has potentials, I invest and hodl for the long term.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
September 12, 2017, 03:43:14 AM
hello and welcome to the cryptoworld mate...
Bittrex-because it's very easy to do the trade in there as long as you have a basic account in there,no lag,easy to understand and high volume.
they are selectively list a new coin in there,which mean it will prevent us to get caught pump and dump coin.
i do not recommend do the trade in Poloniex,it's because a lot of people have a lot of problem in there,
such as blocked account,withdrawal issue and unclosed margin.better safe than sorry

The best place to encash the Bitcoin/alts to fiat is my local exchanger,
i never encash it to fiat using international exchanger because i am afraid they will 'hostage' my coin and need my document to release it.
other than that,try to use localbitcoin.com,it's peer to peer landing platform.
you can sell it to other Bitcoin users in there,you can convert it to Fiat and others

Holding it if you can not afford to lose it,
for example :
if i have money $1000 monthly,i will invest it $300 and i will use $400 as financial back up and $300 for my expanse in my life.
never go all in,because it's not a good strategy and you will die soon because of it

you are welcome
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
September 12, 2017, 03:03:26 AM
HI, i'm new in the cryptocurrency world and i would like to know some things:
Thank you so much for all your answers!
Pages:
Jump to: