Pages:
Author

Topic: trading altcoins with BTC OR USDT - page 2. (Read 145 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 102
May 03, 2018, 03:34:42 PM
Most of the tokens and some of altcoins aren't paired to usd and the only option left is btc and eth. It can be more profitable than trading to usd when the market is in bullish.
Activity: 543
Merit: 281
May 03, 2018, 03:21:32 PM
if i trade altcoin with USDT as it's stable and equivalent to usd ,so i can get my calculations .on the other hand trading with btc isn't that much profitable or sometimes not profitable at all if btc price gone down

How did you reach these conclusions that trading on BTC is not profitable? In respect to your post and comment i believe that the idea is dissociated and consequently Bitcoin is always up and down, so when buying an altcoin with Bitcoin in high the future tendency is to get more USD and finally, USD does not have a great appreciation in relation to Bitcoin. In short, no doubt BTC is better that USD in relation to the theme discussed.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
May 03, 2018, 03:10:05 PM
Not all altcoin markets offer USDT so trading with BTC is always more convenient.  I always trade altcoins with BTC or Ethereums and if you want to play it safe then sell your BTC/ETH for fiat or USDT. 
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Loyalty Programs on Blockchain
May 03, 2018, 03:07:25 PM
Many traders trade in a pair of BTC-USD. But I can not say it right or not. Each person does as he is more comfortable. Each person has his own strategy.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
May 03, 2018, 03:03:52 PM
if i trade altcoin with USDT as it's stable and equivalent to usd ,so i can get my calculations .on the other hand trading with btc isn't that much profitable or sometimes not profitable at all if btc price gone down
Sometimes I converted my bitcoin to USDT in order to protect my asset. I might agree with you but when bitcoin's value is up then you literally earn double profit one from your altcoin's profit and one from bitcoin's profit that's why I like trade btc pairs, if the price going down honestly i didn't worry at all since I believe the price would be back soon. well as people mentioned above not all the coins that you can trade to USDT only btc-pairs.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 02:53:24 PM
I agree with cryptorTUX. Many exchanges don't support trading all of altcoins with USDT, some exchanges has only BTC pairs. Also some people sure that USDT it's bubble and hasn't real money.
I think if you want to trade with short term you need to take profit in BTC, if you choose is long term then take profit in USD.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
May 03, 2018, 02:46:03 PM

Depends what do you want to do. For instance I, myself, look more often in satoshies price or how you would say BTC price. Because not all cryptocurrencies have pairs against USDT and most others have prices against BTC. What most people do is they buy alts during the bll run and when prices are falling they tend to park their earnings into USDT. Having in mind that USDT has company behind it and thus they seem that they don't have real peg according to some sources so it is just uncertain for me.

If it is easier for you then go with USDT dunno.
Activity: 152
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 02:40:35 PM
Pages:
Jump to: