Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading Bots - page 5. (Read 12948 times)

legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1042
Hamster ate my bitcoin
March 27, 2012, 06:26:09 PM
Start by writing/obtaining an api to communicate with the exchange you wish to trade on. Then implement your strategy/s using the api. If you need a database something simple like sqlite will probable do.

I am in the process of developing a trading platform. It has a host of facilities for communicating with exchanges, reading/writing to databases, etc.  which are accessed through scripts and plugins.

Unfortunately it is still some months from even being in an unstable beta state.
ELT
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 27, 2012, 06:18:41 PM
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MtGox/API/HTTP

That is the API doc's for MtGox, if you just want to use PHP the code to auth and getting the ticker and the other thing.  

I have some python code, but that is also on a wiki and easily found on here via the search.

I would use either python or PHP to write it as they are pretty easy to write in.

[Edit]

My first bot was quite stupid and I limited its trades to just 0.1btc and it did quite well for a bit, but then a few things changed and it ate through its 1btc play money pretty quickly.  Will you lose everything? Maybe but only if you allow it to.

ELT
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
March 27, 2012, 06:16:47 PM
Maybe this is the wrong section, but I think you guys can help me here. I want to make a trading bot that will execute trades based on parameters I set according to technical indicators. Thing is, I have almost zero experience with coding. I don't just want to use someone else's code though, I want to build this from scratch, using custom and unique indicators. Is there any resource that I could use that would teach me how to go about creating and implementing this bot?

TL;DR Noob coder needs help building trading bot.

if your a noob coder, you can not make this bot...

your going to make a bug that will sell all your bitcoin or something

i was thinking of doing a trading bot, the user would visual program a trading strategy... a easily re-programmable bot if you will

how much would that be worth to you?
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
March 27, 2012, 06:06:09 PM
Maybe this is the wrong section, but I think you guys can help me here. I want to make a trading bot that will execute trades based on parameters I set according to technical indicators. Thing is, I have almost zero experience with coding. I don't just want to use someone else's code though, I want to build this from scratch, using custom and unique indicators. Is there any resource that I could use that would teach me how to go about creating and implementing this bot?

TL;DR Noob coder needs help building trading bot.
Pages:
Jump to: