Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading BTC pairs compared with USD-Crypto pairs - page 2. (Read 314 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
In most cases when volatility on bitcoin decrease than short term speculators move to alts pumping them (btc is too boring) and alt/btc price is mooning.

When volatility on bitcoin increase (by pump or dump) than short termspeculators leave altcoins due to low predictability and move to trade bitcoin which is more predictable than and finally volatile enough.

That way it is good to trade bitcoin to altcoin after dump or pump when bitcoin is resting or moving slowly in any direction.

Important is that if you want to earn $ than trade with alt/$ pair. If you don't care about your return in $$ but you care about your return in BTC than you trade with alt/btc pair. Don't mix it.
Activity: 200
Merit: 12
Hello.

I've been trading bitcoin and a few alts to dollar for some time now.
I've never gotten into crypto-crypto pairs. Such as BTC-ETH BTC-XRP...  e.t.c.

I was wandering what the main differences are regarding trading, and where to learn about trading BTC pairs.
What I have noticed; Is it's often the opposite of what you expect.
For instance, Litecoin was about to skyrocket recently, and over a Bitmex i went in on the BTC-LTC pair. Litecoin did skyrocket... and I lost a bunch of money as the BTC-LTC pair dropped hard. Presumably BTC went up even more than LTC or something..

I'm curious about the nuances of BTC-crypto trading. Like, often when bitcoin goes sideways, alts go up..... are there any rough rules like this for BTC pairs?

Cheers,
TG
Pages:
Jump to: