Pages:
Author

Topic: trading btc pairs / USDT ? - page 2. (Read 290 times)

Activity: 202
Merit: 10
July 24, 2018, 04:13:20 PM
I searched for a while and couldn't find what I was looking for.
What pairs are you trading to make more BTC?  Is USDT/BTC the best option to move in and out of bitcoin since USDT is reasonably stable?  I want to take advantage of bitcoins volatility, but buying alts and waiting for them to outperform bitcoin is a long road. 
Thanks in advance. 
I think that with the market fluctuating continuously and the price of altcoin is constantly decreasing as at present time, I believe you should only invest in bitcoin. You can see that the price of bitcoin in the past few days has been increasing and is now adjusted at $ 8200. In the medium term, the price of bitcoin will continue to increase, so this time you should trade bitcoin.
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
July 24, 2018, 03:21:30 PM
Trading BTC/TETHER

is like buying and selling BTC with FIAT (euro/usd/gbp/yen/yuan etc)

You are using tether, a substitute for the dollor BACKED by a PRIVATE COMPANY, rather than conventional FIAT currency.

You need to be aware tether is backed by a private company, so carries some risk, ie if the company was to cease trading.

Many traders only trade btc/tether or btc/TUSD (trueusd) or OTHER ALTS/Tether

You can trade BTC with FIAT pairings directly if you prefer as do, on exchanges like Bitfinex/Kraken plus a few others, so you skip the use of tether completely.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
July 24, 2018, 02:40:26 PM
Thanks for your reply.  I have been dabbling in trading alts/bitcoin for about a year.  My question is whether it would be fruitful to trade btc for tether, since tether is relatively $1, give or take.   Ex: The value of "X"altcoin is in the green(profit) now that BTC has risen, but the altcoin is selling for less satoshis than when I bought it.  I may be up in dollar value, thanks to btc moving, but has a lower btc amount.  Make sense?
Activity: 434
Merit: 246
July 24, 2018, 02:15:28 PM
What pairs are you trading to make more BTC? 
You can take any pair you like and make money. You can trade BTC/USDT or some other ALT/BTC.

I want to take advantage of bitcoins volatility, but buying alts and waiting for them to outperform bitcoin is a long road. 
You can take advantage of bitcoin's volatility with pretty much any pair. You don't have to wait for an alt to outperform bitcoin, as this will likely never happen. But you can still trade the corresponding pair. Just take a look at any ALT/BTC chart, and you will see uptrends and downtrends and that's all you need to make profit. 
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
July 24, 2018, 02:02:51 PM
I searched for a while and couldn't find what I was looking for.
What pairs are you trading to make more BTC?  Is USDT/BTC the best option to move in and out of bitcoin since USDT is reasonably stable?  I want to take advantage of bitcoins volatility, but buying alts and waiting for them to outperform bitcoin is a long road. 
Thanks in advance. 
Pages:
Jump to: