Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading competitions - page 2. (Read 826 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 251
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
August 02, 2019, 01:06:04 PM
Yesterday received an email contents of the announcement of the trade competition after that trying to read the rules and procedures is a bit curious to follow it but with a tight time now it is impossible to join, is there anyone here who has experience becoming a champion in a trade competition
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109
Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!
August 02, 2019, 08:21:34 AM
BitMax.io has some promotional events to celebrate the listing of Morpheus Labs MITX:

BitMax.io Listing Announcement of Morpheus Labs (MITX) – 4.5 Million MITX Net-Buy Contest & Trading Contest & BitTreasure

this competition looks interesting:

Event 2: Trading Contest with Reward of 1,000,000 MITX
The event runs from 8:00 p.m. EDT on August 11th, 2019 to 8:00 p.m. EDT on August 17th, 2019.

During the event, users with daily trading volume (Buy Quantity + Sell Quantity) ≥ 10,000 MITX for 7 consecutive days will be eligible to share the­­ reward of 1,000,000 MITX proportionally by total MITX accumulated trading volume from all eligible users. UTC 00:00 to UTC 24:00 (8:00 p.m. EDT to 8:00 p.m. EDT the next day) will be counted as 1 day.

Note:

1.      Users with trading volume < 10,000 MITX for any day during the event will no longer be eligible for the reward.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130
August 01, 2019, 06:29:05 PM
So far I have never participated in a trade competition anywhere, but I really like watching live trading competitions, it's very exciting. Where the competition was only attended by the popes, only if I had a lot of money, I would certainly take part in the competition.
Trading doesn't need lot of money. If you are never doing any trade before and use big money for your first time on trading, you will lose your money. Rather than money, skill is much needed on trading, even though you only have small amount with skill you have, you can turn that to big amount
Activity: 2954
Merit: 683
August 01, 2019, 05:27:06 PM
So far I have never participated in a trade competition anywhere, but I really like watching live trading competitions, it's very exciting. Where the competition was only attended by the popes, only if I had a lot of money, I would certainly take part in the competition.
Easily skipping out or simply ignore trading competitions thought unless if it do offers some test amounts which is given for you to impart on and the prize pool is being escrowed then that's the time I do participate.

But for most exchange where volume is the main criteria using up a specific coin then bag holders or big investors would always have the edge.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109
Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!
August 01, 2019, 10:53:12 AM
just bookmarking this thread, there might be some good ones here to try.
i saw the one mentioned on cryptobridge...
and hanbitco had one with a trip to bangkok as well:
helicopter or porsche sounds nice, but it should be a lambo to be real Tongue

i think the results you got in the LINK comp are not bad Smiley

if i hear about some other great competitions i will share it here...
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
August 01, 2019, 06:35:17 AM
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
July 31, 2019, 07:36:21 PM
I hope someday I would also be a part of trading competition. That is my dream also before. I want to know trading profoundly first and I want to gain enough experience in order for me to join in that competition. Anyway, that is only for a pro traders because they already know the market. But an amateur trader like me, it is difficult to win a single trade.
Activity: 671
Merit: 103
Moni
July 31, 2019, 01:58:33 PM
Can't believe. I suggested you this trading contest, but I skipped it and as a result I haven't got any prize.
Is that possible?
More than 1 eth just for some buy/sell orders!
Well, next time I will participate in FET trading competition on Binance, it is next one . You can add it in your list
Activity: 1456
Merit: 253
Margin Trader
July 30, 2019, 09:58:17 AM
Hey, I wanna share some experience regarding link margin trading competition.
As I have said before I was negative about volume trading competitions and I've tried this one just for experience and lost 20-30$ on comissions.
Today I've checked distribution history and was surprised

It is around 290$ , I sold it for 1.392 eth.

Also I got reward from Kumex trading competition, I wasn't able to perform good result, so with 30% profit on virtual btc prize pool was shared among a lot of participants and I've received 1.3$
Activity: 994
Merit: 260
July 28, 2019, 12:08:58 PM
I want to start writing my message by thanking you for sharing. Especially if we need to think about today's market, we can see that there are various trade contests. The reason for these competitions is not to distribute free of charge. The main reasons for these competitions are the exchange services gaining volume and the project team wants to keep their tokens or coins active in the market. If we make a careful examination, we will see that there is a serious increase in volume in almost all competitions where trade activity is performed. This is a great advantage both for the service organizing the competition and for the project. I would also like to say that some of the tokens or coins have gained considerable value, especially as a result of the competitions of some services.
It is true, all traders' contests are held first of all in the interests of the service that launches these contests. However, if the competition is fair, then this is a good chance to make money with the appropriate skills. The topic touched by the topic starter is relevant now, as the number of such trading competitions is growing.
Margin Trader
July 28, 2019, 10:05:45 AM
Here is Link margin trading competition https://www.binance.com/en/support/articles/360031074191
What do you think about this competition? Is it legit?
I am not that good in competitions, but I am still interested in your topic. Will be waiting for new competitions
Although I am against volume trading competitions I've tried Link margin trading competition just for experience and to share you guys about results in this topic.

So I transfered my funds from Okex to binance, made some wash non sense trades just to get volume needed to be qualified. So I've lost around 0.1 eth on comissions and I missed good movement on ETH/USD ( I had to close deal to transfer funds).
I don't know whether I will receive something for Link competition, but I doubt it will cover my loss and missed potential profit.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
July 26, 2019, 10:22:44 AM
I want to start writing my message by thanking you for sharing. Especially if we need to think about today's market, we can see that there are various trade contests. The reason for these competitions is not to distribute free of charge. The main reasons for these competitions are the exchange services gaining volume and the project team wants to keep their tokens or coins active in the market. If we make a careful examination, we will see that there is a serious increase in volume in almost all competitions where trade activity is performed. This is a great advantage both for the service organizing the competition and for the project. I would also like to say that some of the tokens or coins have gained considerable value, especially as a result of the competitions of some services.
Moni
July 26, 2019, 09:24:38 AM
I suspect that some of these exchanges are trading against their customers so no one wins the prizes.  I've seem some big prizes in the past.  For example you could once win a new porsche on Binance in their trading competition.  I still don't think it is worth going for because there is only 1 winner and the chance of you winning is low, most of your money will be used on fees.
Once upon a time I saw helicopter as a prize on Okex exchange. There were options to take money of helicopter. I would take helicopter just for fun Smiley Sounds incredible .
I wish Binance will launch any competition devoted to the launch of margin trading
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
July 25, 2019, 08:56:19 AM
I suspect that some of these exchanges are trading against their customers so no one wins the prizes.  I've seem some big prizes in the past.  For example you could once win a new porsche on Binance in their trading competition.  I still don't think it is worth going for because there is only 1 winner and the chance of you winning is low, most of your money will be used on fees.
Moni
July 25, 2019, 07:35:37 AM
Here is Link margin trading competition https://www.binance.com/en/support/articles/360031074191
What do you think about this competition? Is it legit?
I am not that good in competitions, but I am still interested in your topic. Will be waiting for new competitions
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
July 24, 2019, 01:18:56 PM
Which one of those trading competitions is legit and which one isn't?
To be honest,I don't get why traders should compete against each other.Trading isn't a sport. Grin
I have a stupid question-Are trading bots(automation methods) allowed in these competitions?Maybe some programmer will create a trading bot designed especially for such contests?
I understand that some may not like trading competitions however trading by definition is a competition, the only way a trade can take place is if two traders have different opinions about what will happen in the market, so one of those traders has to be wrong about the direction the market will take, the better your accuracy to select the right coin at the right time the better your results will be, and this will eventually be reflected in the only statistic that every trader cares about which is the amount of money in your trading account.
Margin Trader
July 24, 2019, 08:05:20 AM
I really do not like these because it encourages people to do trades they do not really want to do. There are plenty of people that trade just to get into these and people who actually buy and sell from themselves only paying the fee's as a loss that joins into these things as well depending on the competition.

If you do not feel comfortable about a trade then don't do it, just because there is a reward at the end of it doesn't mean you should trade as much as possible. If you are aiming at making more money than only focus on that during your trades and not the amount or not the profit percentage nor anything else, just focus on doing it your own way and if it happens to earn you a reward while you are doing it then great, if it doesn't then don't force it.
I agree, this is the biggest issue of all trading competitions. In order to compete and get reward you take higher risk. Trading in contests have nothing common with traditional trading, because high leverage will destroy your portfolio.

I spontaneously laugh to read your reply Cheesy very funny....traders should compete against each other..... Cheesy Cheesy
But the fact it is dude, even not realised by the trader itself. A trader is profit while other is loss....My idea for trading bots, they are strong in accumulation of volume but for profit winning I am not sure.
This is the point of trading - zero sum game. You can't gain money untill someone else losing it.

You shouldn't laugh cause it shows that the above user is not use to crypto trading competition. However, the trading contest is done the way you think and those contest are usually hold when exchange site add a new coin/token or trying to boost their trading volume and the competition contestants are to trading or buy a certain coin number of require coin.
I don't participate in volume trading, this wash trading competition looks profitable for exchange, but for traders it is just a loss
Margin Trader
July 23, 2019, 06:46:51 AM

Found this one.

John McAfee Announces The McAfee World Trade Competition For Crypto Traders.

Also published through his twitter account :
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1144980144009994240

But i can't find detailed information about the date.

Thank you, that's a good shot. Added in the list.  Sounds interesting because of Mcafee. Nevertheless I have not found dates and social networks of this competition. Design is  Will be waiting for more info.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 23, 2019, 02:30:29 AM
I really do not like these because it encourages people to do trades they do not really want to do. There are plenty of people that trade just to get into these and people who actually buy and sell from themselves only paying the fee's as a loss that joins into these things as well depending on the competition.

If you do not feel comfortable about a trade then don't do it, just because there is a reward at the end of it doesn't mean you should trade as much as possible. If you are aiming at making more money than only focus on that during your trades and not the amount or not the profit percentage nor anything else, just focus on doing it your own way and if it happens to earn you a reward while you are doing it then great, if it doesn't then don't force it.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
July 22, 2019, 07:06:58 PM
To be honest,I don't get why traders should compete against each other.Trading isn't a sport. Grin
I have a stupid question-Are trading bots(automation methods) allowed in these competitions?Maybe some programmer will create a trading bot designed especially for such contests?

I spontaneously laugh to read your reply Cheesy very funny....traders should compete against each other..... Cheesy Cheesy
But the fact it is dude, even not realised by the trader itself. A trader is profit while other is loss....My idea for trading bots, they are strong in accumulation of volume but for profit winning I am not sure.
You shouldn't laugh cause it shows that the above user is not use to crypto trading competition. However, the trading contest is done the way you think and those contest are usually hold when exchange site add a new coin/token or trying to boost their trading volume and the competition contestants are to trading or buy a certain coin number of require coin.
Pages:
Jump to: