Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading dilemma - page 4. (Read 2020 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
October 06, 2017, 06:13:18 PM
I bought my btc - DGB for a price of 0.00000693 last August and I'm trying to sell it for 0.00000800 for I hope that the btc will rise this September but I guess I was wrong - It's kinda frustrating to be honest.
To all my fellow traders out there, Does the price of the bitcoin is bothering you - what are plans ? will you sell or wait?

Price is the only factor of bitcoin that bothers me big time. However, I am optimistic about bitcoin's future and hence I feel relaxed when bitcoin price comes down. Because it gives me an opportunity to score more bitcoins at a cheaper price. Bitcoin investment is not for short term profit earners. If you think long term investment, then only you can be assured about your profit. But it seems like, you are trying to make profit within just a month or two. Think about 3-5 years to get suitably rewarded by bitcoin. 
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
October 06, 2017, 01:06:48 PM
I bought my btc - DGB for a price of 0.00000693 last August and I'm trying to sell it for 0.00000800 for I hope that the btc will rise this September but I guess I was wrong - It's kinda frustrating to be honest.
To all my fellow traders out there, Does the price of the bitcoin is bothering you - what are plans ? will you sell or wait?
There is nothing to complain about Bitcoin price. Look at what you have done. I think this is totally your incompetence to trading. Your attitude towards trading is sorry to say but not positive, I think trading is something in which you have to take decisions by your own. There are many altcoins which are doing well and have given good profit to the traders. Build your confidence to take any trading decision by yourself. One thing should be remembered that trader should always be a bold one.
Activity: 583
Merit: 503
October 06, 2017, 12:59:21 PM
Thanks for all the response, I'm actually a newbie on trading and I guess this is the first mistake I made, maybe I'll just try to wait for DGB's price to at least meet my buying price.
I'll be more cautious in buying my bitcoin.

Good decision ... ! Although DGB isn't in technical regard the most revolutionary coin on the market to say the least, the value will probably rise above your entry point sometimes in the (near) future due to a pump or something. I'm kind of in the same boat, albeit with a lower entry price (419 sats). In my experience, waiting months for the price of a certain coin to rise above the value you bought at is far from rare.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039
October 06, 2017, 12:45:58 PM
Actually the price of bitcoin doesn't bother me at all because I am already expecting the price to fluctuate every now and then. I am actually holding some DGB myself because I bought them at a lower price, although it did increase its price a couple of months ago but I was still expecting DGB to increase more by the end of this year and so I'm holding this coin for long term instead.

OP should definitely think about holding. It'll pay off in the long run. I like how you keep in mind that the prices will fluctuate. Not a lot of people do that. Instead, they freak out when they see the price going down even a little and sell sell sell. OP, if you ever have the chance to buy when DGB or BTC is low, make sure you hop on that train early.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
October 06, 2017, 12:31:22 PM
Actually the price of bitcoin doesn't bother me at all because I am already expecting the price to fluctuate every now and then. I am actually holding some DGB myself because I bought them at a lower price, although it did increase its price a couple of months ago but I was still expecting DGB to increase more by the end of this year and so I'm holding this coin for long term instead.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 06, 2017, 11:59:07 AM
It should not be bothered and bitcoin does not have anything to do with it! We cannot always predict right every time. However, the good thing about crypto trading is that you can still decide to have a little bit of patience and hold until you get your selling target.

Just know it is a normal thing to face in trading and be careful the kind of coin you buy next time. DGB has always been known to have slow movement irrespective of the bitcoin's value increasing or not. This are just some pumped coins that cannot necessarily stand on their own as they have very little support.

However, I will advise you have some patience, keep making wins in other trade to cover up for that for now and one day, you will be surprised the wait was worth it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
October 04, 2017, 11:14:09 PM

Price of DGB now is more than half lower of your buying price and if I were you, I would have use a stop loss because I believe there are better trading opportunities out there. I know that for some, they would just hold but for me, I would just accept that I lose in that trade and move forward. Maybe you will be able to get back your losses if you just use a stop loss. You can still hold if you want to and believe that it will go up. I experience this before when I bought a coin when it was high and it gradually go down in value and I am still hoping that it will go up and I end up losing more than half the value of it. I regret that I did not use stop loss and it was a great lesson for me. In every trade, you will not always profit.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
October 04, 2017, 10:44:29 PM
Thanks for all the response, I'm actually a newbie on trading and I guess this is the first mistake I made, maybe I'll just try to wait for DGB's price to at least meet my buying price.
there is nothing to regret because trading is art.
we will never feel an instant victory. yes .. experience is the best teacher.
Activity: 306
Merit: 107
I'm going to eat your cookies
October 04, 2017, 09:12:33 PM
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
October 04, 2017, 08:32:17 PM

I would choose to HODL,
don't sell low,
if you want to buy other coin, do not sell to cut your loos,
I HODL.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 04, 2017, 07:59:32 PM
The price of Bitcoin is perfect. It is sitting there at $4200 as we speak, that is not a problem at all. What price did you buy in at?

If you show a little patience then it will be back there soon, and it has not really come down that much. Keep in that we bought in at $60-600 and that is a pretty ok profit.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
October 04, 2017, 10:38:03 AM
What did you expect, the price to rise 10% overnight? That happens, albeit rarely. In crypto there are often long periods of losses before huge exponential gains. You must have patience.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
October 04, 2017, 09:44:58 AM
I will not say that you made a mistake, and that you made wrong decision when you invested in DGB. We all know there is a risk with trading cryptocurrency and that there will always be a fluctuation in its price. If you didn't do a proper research before you bought it, let this be your lesson. By learning everything there is about coin you want to invest in, you minimize risk of losing money.
I was in same position once, I decided to sell and cut my losses. Not long after that price rise and I felt like idiot. But there is no reason to dwell on the past. Learn what you can from it and move on.

The final decision is in your hands. What I would recommend for you to do, it is to wait for right price. If you decide to cut your losses and sell now, it would not be wrong idea too. It is hard decision, think about it, and do not let your emotion rush you (that happened to me) . Good luck.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 04, 2017, 09:32:03 AM

Good for you you bought in at 693 sat, i purchased dgb when it was at 1100 sat and it went spiraling downwards consistently after then. I still have dgbs and same as you, i 'm being patient about it because i really don't have any choice, unless i want to sell at the current price which is a no no for me
Activity: 238
October 04, 2017, 09:26:48 AM
Why do not you wait for more time to sell it, the current time is quite difficult to sell high altcoin. BTC continues to fluctuate, affecting other altcoins. You should wait it is you will get good things,  good luck.
Activity: 336
October 04, 2017, 09:20:25 AM
Your entry point in hindsight looks like a mistake but that is now in the past and you have to look for a good exit point. I wouldn't sell at the moment at a price of ~300 satoshi and would instead look to try and recover slightly to around ~450 satoshi
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
October 04, 2017, 08:59:02 AM
i think you made big mistake when you bought at 600 sat, but you still have a chance to see the price is increase but we don't know when the time is come. if you still confident with that coin, just hold it, wait and see later. the important lesson here is don't take all of your trust because of the pump and its only happen in one time, you need to check the real price of the coins before you decide to buy. many of us is trying to chase the coins when its high, just expecting that we can make profit but actually we are not make profit at all.

I can't say for sure if it's a mistake. The Crypto market is very much unpredictable. Even the so called "experts" don't know when a coin Hits bottom or peak. The same goes for everyone including op

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 04, 2017, 08:27:06 AM
i think you made big mistake when you bought at 600 sat, but you still have a chance to see the price is increase but we don't know when the time is come. if you still confident with that coin, just hold it, wait and see later. the important lesson here is don't take all of your trust because of the pump and its only happen in one time, you need to check the real price of the coins before you decide to buy. many of us is trying to chase the coins when its high, just expecting that we can make profit but actually we are not make profit at all.
Activity: 364
October 04, 2017, 08:17:12 AM
Does it bother me? Nope. I really don't care if bitcoin crashes tomorrow. I don't care of it's short-term price fluctuations. I'm here for the long haul. This is an investment in the first place, don't expect top dollar gains in a few months. If everything goes right for bitcoin I'd expect good returns in the future.
Yes in investing you should be positive all the time. You should not think the way that everything will be destroyed but rather think that price will continually goes up. Your positivity will never fail you but making you successful.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
October 04, 2017, 08:14:56 AM
I understand what op means and his plight. His dilemma is that of a trader or investor who wants to make money faster. He thus is stocked by market not giving him what his plans are. Therefore, if you see yourself as an investor, you should have the mind to always look at long term gains and not quick increase. Although, sometimes we are lucky and the market would obey our desire and at other times we might not be. So, do exercise patient for the market is not a stereotyped market. It is highly volatile. 
Pages:
Jump to: