Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading Emotions - page 3. (Read 926 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1322
May 29, 2022, 02:50:30 PM
Let me slightly overlook OP's antics and concentrate on the title of this thread. Yes, for me, trading emotion is the most important aspect of trading besides money management. This aspect of trading has kept many a trader from becoming profitable. Show me a trader who isn't emotionally disciplined and I will point to you one who isn't profitable. Giving that the market isn't a straight forward one, there are uncertainties in price movements which exist to shake off traders. Only those who are emotionally disciplined stick to their trading plan, no matter what. Know when to steer clear of the market if trade setups aren't clear. Don't force the market.
I guess it's easy to say to take control of our emotions and get rid of it, but in reality, its really hard to trade without emotions involved. Though there are really good traders who were good at it, but majority fail in trading because they  trade with the greed for money and driven with different emotions. The focus is lost, there is no good market analysis, and so the trades become hopeless and unsuccessful. That is why some shitf into investing and hodling rather than staying in trading.
Without a doubt being in complete control of your emotions and to take the right decision under the most difficult circumstances is something extremely difficult to do, it is because of this that trading is so hard and it is not for everyone as you need  to perform at your very best just when you need it the most, this is similar to what happens in sports in which the one that has the best mentality is usually the one that wins as they can still perform at their best when everything is against them.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
May 27, 2022, 11:37:41 AM
~snipped~
I guess it's easy to say to take control of our emotions and get rid of it, but in reality, its really hard to trade without emotions involved.
Yes, I know it's a difficult thing for a every trader to put their emotion in check while at it. That's why I even rated it above MM in my previous comment. However, control of emotion is an art and there are some who have mastered that art. Nothing is that difficult for anyone not to achieve once they've their mind set on it. Result may not happen immediately but with time and patience it surely will come. Remember that patience is a virtue in trading. It's the same way we cultivate emotional discipline with time. Professional traders don't trade on impulse, no matter what. They take their time; and taking that time is the emotional control.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 604
May 26, 2022, 07:27:28 PM
Let me slightly overlook OP's antics and concentrate on the title of this thread. Yes, for me, trading emotion is the most important aspect of trading besides money management. This aspect of trading has kept many a trader from becoming profitable. Show me a trader who isn't emotionally disciplined and I will point to you one who isn't profitable. Giving that the market isn't a straight forward one, there are uncertainties in price movements which exist to shake off traders. Only those who are emotionally disciplined stick to their trading plan, no matter what. Know when to steer clear of the market if trade setups aren't clear. Don't force the market.
I guess it's easy to say to take control of our emotions and get rid of it, but in reality, its really hard to trade without emotions involved. Though there are really good traders who were good at it, but majority fail in trading because they  trade with the greed for money and driven with different emotions. The focus is lost, there is no good market analysis, and so the trades become hopeless and unsuccessful. That is why some shitf into investing and hodling rather than staying in trading.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1126
May 26, 2022, 05:36:14 PM
I prefer to call it trading psychology than trading emotions. That sounds nicer than calling it specific.
A more complex trading psychology is an important thing that must be mastered by a trader. This includes emotions and self-control when market conditions are not what we expected. Sometimes the dilemma does not only exist when the market is in a dump, but when the pump can also make a trader hesitate to make a decision.

Yes, that's a more accurate definition. Psychology in trading occupies one of the key positions. Fear, greed is probably one of the most insidious emotions in trading. Fear is treated by lowering risks, and greed is treated by money management, when you set certain limits in your trading strategy that help you take profits strictly even in a growing market. After all, the market will definitely change direction, growth does not happen forever.

Everything should really be in control yet those factor's are the main ones that could really affect your trading on what angle it might be and this should really be in your main concern on how you would gonna handle up yourself into something like this.You are the ones who would able to discover that and that's attainable via real experience which is something that takes time and effort or simple takes several times of engagement before you do able to find out on how this market works and how you would react to it.
Activity: 197
Merit: 102
May 26, 2022, 04:31:46 PM
Yes, that's a more accurate definition. Psychology in trading occupies one of the key positions. Fear, greed is probably one of the most insidious emotions in trading. Fear is treated by lowering risks, and greed is treated by money management, when you set certain limits in your trading strategy that help you take profits strictly even in a growing market. After all, the market will definitely change direction, growth does not happen forever.

The understanding that market needs to go down in order to get back up is one of the most vital parts of becoming a good trader. Any investor would know that if you are investing in anything, there will be periods when it goes up, and there will be periods when it goes up. If you are looking for something that will only make you a profit and never go down, that thing doesn't exist and if anyone sells you an investment idea like that, know that they are a scammer. So I agree with you that market always changes and growth can't sustain forever and eventually it will always go down, but the going down will change and will always end up going up eventually too.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1123
May 26, 2022, 04:03:01 PM
I prefer to call it trading psychology than trading emotions. That sounds nicer than calling it specific.
A more complex trading psychology is an important thing that must be mastered by a trader. This includes emotions and self-control when market conditions are not what we expected. Sometimes the dilemma does not only exist when the market is in a dump, but when the pump can also make a trader hesitate to make a decision.
legendary
May 26, 2022, 02:44:16 PM
I think the same, people concentrate on signals and which indicator to use and what settings are the best for their trading style, but the truth is that while all of that is important it is secondary to the mastery you have over your emotions and money management strategies, and this is because with mastery over your emotions you can avoid some of the biggest mistakes that traders can make, while a strong money management strategy will reduce the size of any mistakes you make allowing you to survive even the worst bear market.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 612
May 26, 2022, 12:50:15 PM
Controlling your emotion, easy to talk about it but when you are there and there is something that triggers you, you will hard time dealing with it.

Just be watchful to the market and yourself because you might not have noticed that you have been emotional and too greedy.
Being self-aware is a skill and it is one that it is really difficult to master, it is easy to take a look at ourselves and think that we are way better than we are, so many people have the mistaken idea that they can control their emotions but in fact they cannot do so, and this can be a huge weakness when we trade, because trading at its core is an exercise at decision making under pressure, those that can take the pressure and take the best decision possible win while those that cannot do so lose.
I guess no matter how skilled or professional you are in trading, trading with emotions is the hardest thing any trader can control. The fact that we're humans, then emotions will be inseparable from us. But the good thing is, we can limit ourselves from being emotional, because if we trade with less emotions, most likely we will end up with a successful trade. While others have succeeded in controlling or simply limiting their emotions, some have been trading with full of emotions and greed that they fail to make a profitable trade in the end.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 579
May 26, 2022, 09:58:35 AM
I think for now no one believes in stupid things like that.
Tricks like this have been done several times and only very stupid people will fall for it.
what he said was not trading emotion but it was emotional deception, i really laugh for people like this.lol
Reading the original post, it's true of what you've said.

It's not all about emotion in trading but an emotional deception and thinking that it's an actual thing of what OP has explained. It's a trick, a way to fool people as if there will be one that will bite the trap.

Yeah, there are a lot of transactions but that doesn't mean people would be falling for this trap and scam.
I know that there is a good case to be made about the situation when emotions play a part, but it doesn't matter if it is emotional trading or emotions used to trap, it's all emotions. Just have some data that you look to, and trade based on that data, and no matter who says what, or what happens, just always keep on trading based on that data. That way you would never be convinced otherwise by just talking.

Of course, it doesn't mean that you will not make losses, but your losses will be based on data and not based on you getting fooled, and that way you could go back and check the data and see where you did wrong, that would help you out a lot.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 273
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 24, 2022, 11:13:38 AM
I don't even see the correlation of the OP's explanation with the topic title he created.
what kind of joke does the OP want to make to get a fool to fall into his trap?
very rude way to do a magic trick. even with his new account talking bullshit.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
May 24, 2022, 10:29:07 AM
Activity: 2758
Merit: 575
May 24, 2022, 04:45:29 AM
Tricks like this have been done several times and only very stupid people will fall for it.
what he said was not trading emotion but it was emotional deception, i really laugh for people like this.lol
Reading the original post, it's true of what you've said.

It's not all about emotion in trading but an emotional deception and thinking that it's an actual thing of what OP has explained. It's a trick, a way to fool people as if there will be one that will bite the trap.

Yeah, there are a lot of transactions but that doesn't mean people would be falling for this trap and scam.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
May 24, 2022, 04:08:25 AM
You said it because you have encountered it previously or i may say you are knowledgeable to understand it through what someone told you or you have come across to it before, as i stated from the beginning of my comment... It's obvious that a scam will trapped you with what you have in mind, especially in the cryptocurrency sphere not. Another thing is that a beginner in cryptocurrency is able to fall victim. That is the reason i said that may the end of your knowledge into something might be the beginning of another person's knowledge. And it's the same vain i notice that if you are not informed you are totally deformed.
legendary
May 22, 2022, 02:24:23 PM
It is important to understand that emotions often lead to negative outcomes. Unfortunately, traders often miss this aspect and let the excitement take a lot.

I agree, However Success is never possible in the world of trading with passion, There is so much to know about trading, Newcomers will never go trading emotionally. Good luck to everyone.
Achieving success on trading is something that cant really be able to handle out easily when you arent really having that experience which is really that needed because you couldnt
able to control yourself nor properly apply your analysis if you arent really that mindful nor dedicative towards your trading analysis and perseverance on making profits.
We are just humans and emotions is really  that being part and there are times or situations which cant really be avoided but with due proper experience and skills
then you could really able to handle it out.
This is very common, to begin with the rate of success of traders is incredibly low, however the few that are able to become successful make all kind of mistakes during their journey as well, for example it is very common to see traders ask themselves questions like when lambo? And other useless questions like that, meaning that even if they are successful they will waste their money in expensive stuff they do not even need just for the sake of it, instead of saving that money for a rainy day and to increase their future profits.
Activity: 592
Merit: 116
May 21, 2022, 01:48:28 AM
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
May 21, 2022, 12:26:59 AM
actually emotions are related to self-control so that it does not cause greed or rush to enter the market even though it has not entered our area of analysis. therefore the importance of managing emotions for a trader is very useful, because no matter how good the analysis we have, if we can't hold back emotions, it will be useless. Therefore, there are many books that teach psychology management, before entering into the discussion of analysis
Activity: 2786
Merit: 646
May 20, 2022, 04:47:06 PM
Emotions for a trader is a very important aspect, which often causes quite a few problems. It should be understood that in order to obtain more positive results of work, this should be paid attention to.
Good emotion control would really be giving out those kind of advantages since most of the time where being emotional could really give out negative effects on your career specially on trading.

This would create some impulsive kind of decision which is already out of your analysis or something that you cant able to do so on what you had planned earlier.

There are some cases where alteration of plans or sudden changes is there but would really be on various circumstances.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
May 20, 2022, 02:45:59 PM
Emotions for a trader is a very important aspect, which often causes quite a few problems. It should be understood that in order to obtain more positive results of work, this should be paid attention to.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
May 20, 2022, 01:01:13 PM
You can do both long time trading of short time trading if you want but if you want to do long-time trading you have to decide in the top five coin or token which you will do your long time trading which you are less likely to lose. Short time trading can get you some new or old tokens, but you can benefit from it, but you should never trade with excitement, and You analyze the market.  Thanks
Activity: 672
Merit: 0
May 20, 2022, 12:49:10 PM
Very often, it is under the influence of emotions that a trader can do not the right things. You should immediately understand that the worst emotion in this case is excitement, and this is what you should pay attention to.

You should never rush to trade on a trading site, it will be more of a loss than a profit, you can never work with excitement on a trading site, you have to work with good thinking.
Pages:
Jump to: