Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading, emotions and your fine selves - page 2. (Read 1496 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 501
July 09, 2018, 06:48:34 AM
Thats why I try to use bots when trading. They do not have emotions. They trade depending on the market and the charts. In which case without a doubt they are better than almost all humans trading, we tend to put our emotions into trading but bots do not have emotions and they trade without any human feelings. One of the biggest reasons why bots are profitable compared to almost all humans.

There are people who are great traders and make a ton of profit trading but they are rare and more likely than not we are not like them. Hence bots give an edge over people who trade with emotions.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
July 05, 2018, 01:12:34 PM
Who here feels they have a handle on their emotions when it comes to trading or holding?

I think it's an area that many people like to feel that they've mastered, but if they saw playbacks of their actions a while down the line it would be screamingly obvious that they haven't.

To give a personal example I have a few XEMs. A few months back I was looking to consolidate all the crypto threads I had lying around so looked into selling a sizeable chunk as they'd been pretty stagnant for a while.  

Being a bit dim and easily distracted I forgot about it and so stuck around for a 20-25x rise. Had my concentration held I probably would've gotten rid of them and would now be wailing and puking. In that particular case boredom and impatience nearly got the better of me.

There are countless examples on this forum of people declaring things dead or emphatically stating that such and such price will never happen again and giving up. Same goes for people going all in at the peakiest of peaks.

Have you yourself found your emotions tripping you up or are you an emotionless trading terminator?

Your emotions can actually affect the way you are trading in the market so its better to handle your patience and always read speculations in order to make right decisions.
right while you are in a emotional stage this is really hard to take some decision cause you might take some wrong decision on it you should and must be in good emotional stage.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
July 05, 2018, 01:05:52 PM
Who here feels they have a handle on their emotions when it comes to trading or holding?

I think it's an area that many people like to feel that they've mastered, but if they saw playbacks of their actions a while down the line it would be screamingly obvious that they haven't.

To give a personal example I have a few XEMs. A few months back I was looking to consolidate all the crypto threads I had lying around so looked into selling a sizeable chunk as they'd been pretty stagnant for a while.  

Being a bit dim and easily distracted I forgot about it and so stuck around for a 20-25x rise. Had my concentration held I probably would've gotten rid of them and would now be wailing and puking. In that particular case boredom and impatience nearly got the better of me.

There are countless examples on this forum of people declaring things dead or emphatically stating that such and such price will never happen again and giving up. Same goes for people going all in at the peakiest of peaks.

Have you yourself found your emotions tripping you up or are you an emotionless trading terminator?

Your emotions can actually affect the way you are trading in the market so its better to handle your patience and always read speculations in order to make right decisions.
Activity: 518
July 05, 2018, 12:58:26 PM
I can say that I everytime was trying to handle my emotions and feelings while trading, but almost every time I fail Smiley because when the time goes to your real money that you can lose it is hard to get rid of emotions

You can handle of these emotions if you have vast experience on trading already. For newbies, its a roller coaster ride of emotions at first. Once you complete the whole trading cycle, you slowly adopt the market and emotions is slowly controlled.
most of the new traders are very difficult to be able to control their emotions, because that is in their mind is quickly get big profits, but to trade and can quickly get the benefits is not as easy as they think, of course to get all of that would take time to be able to understand and experienced in trading, so as a new trader do not obsessed first with big profits, learn to trade well and emotionally control your in trading.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
July 05, 2018, 12:43:45 PM
I just consider this digits on the screen as opportunity to have money.we have to analysis the market very deep and buy at the maximum low price then the market price.
It is good infect it is best to buy at cheap price, now a day it is not too high so we can buy max number of bitcoin at very affording price of 9k dollar, after buying we need to hold our emotion and never be like those who sold their coin at panic and got lose only, holding is the best choose until your see coin at maximum growth and perfect for selling at high profit, so  buy now at dip and them hold your coin with patience (trust worthy) till it become high in price never let your emotions distract you.
Activity: 287
July 03, 2018, 11:46:03 AM
I can boldly say I can handle my emotions with reference to trading crypto. My secret is not to invest any amount I can't afford to lose. with this in mind, whatever bet I have on a coin is seen as a loss money. When I make profit I move on, if I lose no bad feelings.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
July 03, 2018, 11:34:47 AM
I can say that I everytime was trying to handle my emotions and feelings while trading, but almost every time I fail Smiley because when the time goes to your real money that you can lose it is hard to get rid of emotions

You can handle of these emotions if you have vast experience on trading already. For newbies, its a roller coaster ride of emotions at first. Once you complete the whole trading cycle, you slowly adopt the market and emotions is slowly controlled.
Activity: 88
July 03, 2018, 11:25:32 AM
Controlling your emotions during trading is possible only with the help of a well-developed trading strategy. If you have a strategy, no emotion will make you just enter the deal.
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
July 03, 2018, 10:50:48 AM
Yes it is not easy to control my emotion while we lose our hard earned money but it can be possible when we are invested very affordable amount for us and we don't need it anymore for now so in that case we don't care that much even if we face losing and that time we can be a holder.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
July 03, 2018, 10:19:52 AM
I think Im more of an emotionless person when it comes to trading and holding. I have practiced myself to control my emotions especially when the market is ugly. And maybe that was because I had experienced the worst when it comes to trading so I became numb.
well this is normal cause most of the time for real life deep inside of us we cant control our emotion how we can be able to make our trading emotion less that we cant be made to panic or even else to take some sadness on while we are doing to trade for.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
July 03, 2018, 09:39:26 AM
I think Im more of an emotionless person when it comes to trading and holding. I have practiced myself to control my emotions especially when the market is ugly. And maybe that was because I had experienced the worst when it comes to trading so I became numb.
Activity: 196
July 03, 2018, 09:07:49 AM
we are all human and even the most veteran traders still have some emotions left in them that may affect their decisions Cheesy

and as for me, i am no expert and i have been making lots of mistakes because of making wrong decisions in wrong times because of emotions like not holding because of the negative things i have been hearing or seeing on the charts and then regret selling.

although this mostly happens when i am trading altcoins. for bitcoin i am strong as a rock. i hodl.
yes it is true what you say, it is very difficult to control the emotions when trading, many fatal mistakes have been done by a classy trader though.
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
July 03, 2018, 08:57:01 AM
When trading out of 10 only 2 or 3 persons use to handle their emotions and get profit in trade, balance all are trading with emotions and make loss. Even knowing that they are trading with emotions they trade and make loss and then cry that the site is scam etc.,. Controlling emotions is very hard as when you control you emotions and trade and when that trade gives you loss then you think that you should follow your emotions and on next trade when you go with emotions you make loss. Nothing can be done with it.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 11
Crypto in my Blood
July 03, 2018, 07:42:35 AM
You have discovered my thinking. This is the true emotions is a big fact in trading. When I was trading in forex then most of the time emotion tap into my mind and brain. But this is the truer that if we work depend on emotion we will lose your capital. So, We should skip the emotion for our trading time then we could be a good trader.
Activity: 154
July 03, 2018, 06:42:56 AM
I just consider this digits on the screen as opportunity to have money.we have to analysis the market very deep and buy at the maximum low price then the market price.
Activity: 308
July 03, 2018, 06:28:34 AM

I think the market is showing signs of strong recovery, you can see that bitcoin prices are adjusting and moving throughout today, and this is a very good time for you to trade altcoin.

Trading psychology also has a great impact on your profit and loss, it can be seen that if good psychology, you will be able to steadily and profitably cut losses when needed.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
July 03, 2018, 06:23:55 AM

This is the reason why panic trading is happening in the market and the market fell more in this panic and big players always take advantage of this situation as they are motionless. I dont ignore that i never had done any wrong trading with emotions lot of time i had done wrong decisions through emotions and had loss and profit also. Even in gambling also when betting sometime emotion come in between and i bet on wrong bet and have got loss. So it is hard to control emotion because some time emotion act gets you profit also and when you dont react on that and see that it got profit and you missed it so next time when you go with emotion you make loss. So it is just a part of life.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
July 03, 2018, 06:02:18 AM
Trading is mostly about dealing with emotions. I found very helpful a book by Alex Elder called "Trading for a living". There is a chapter about psychology. 
The reason why it is always good to rule out emotions completely is because they will never want to leave you and you will only have to get yourself to do what is best for your trade based on what you see and what you expect than what you feel. The thing with trading is that sometimes, you may want to use your discretion and at the same time, you will really want to trade based on your own knowledge and analysis, and that pretty much works better than feelings.
Activity: 274
July 02, 2018, 04:54:55 AM
Activity: 900
Merit: 1014
advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe
July 01, 2018, 06:58:48 PM
I kind of understand your approach but wouldn't it be better and more effective to find out where you fail exactly in your strategy and then focus on fixing the broken part in a right way? I mean, not by offsetting one bias by another bias. If your approach works for you, then certainly stick to it, but it may fail you one day. For example, when what you automatically consider a bias is not in fact a bias but actual representation of the market situation.

Absolutely. Correcting mistakes in your strategies is also crucial. But OP asked about controlling your emotions, and I believe (a) that emotions are unavoidable to some degree for human traders, and (b) that they can be seen as some form of statistical biases. If removing these biases is not an option, then countering them in the way I described seems to be the next-best option.

Since when do you have a new avatar, oda.krell?  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: