Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading is slowly dying... - page 2. (Read 2819 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 08, 2014, 05:52:24 PM
Bitcoin still is just an IDEA for alternative money (aka virtual currency) and so are the rest of the scrypt/sha256 coins.

Yes and no.  It may have once been an idea, but now that companies are accepting it as currency, it has gained value and become currency. With Zynga, overstock, and branson accepting it as a valid form of payment, then it has become a currency.  Whether these companies/people are idiots doesn't matter.  Once it has a perceived value it has value.

The same goes for these shitcoins. Doge was a joke yet there was a supply and demand and thus a value attributed to the coin.  That was a rarity and not something that we are going to see often.  All these other crap coins that keep appearing are a waste of everyones time.  A few people will earn some BTC, but the vast majority will not.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 08, 2014, 05:19:28 PM
There should be limits on individual hash rates during early mining so farms can't mop up everything. This, in conjunction with a solid plan to get people and businesses using the coin, could make a coin more popular.

But I'm in agreement with an earlier poster where there's not enough innovation right now. People keep trying to base their ideas on existing coins but come on guys we need something new and revolutionary - A kind of Bitcoin 2.0 that takes everything one step further and is much simpler to use and much more likely to be adopted by normal people.
Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn
January 08, 2014, 05:07:55 PM
Yea these people making coin after coin after coin getting annoying looking at this forum and seeing 50 new coins every time. The people making these are just trying to get rich quick. Betacoin has good potential but not enough is being done with it. Offers faster transfer time and there is 10 million more coins than bitcoin, faster block time for now. So I don't know I am going to stick with that for a few more weeks. That is going down as well because people are pumping and dumping like crazy. As long as these alts are being traded for BTC they will be tied to the price of BTC. They need to break away from this and offer world currencies for altcoins and not BTC.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
January 08, 2014, 05:01:43 PM
thanks to multipools,hashcow, and any other profit switching pool as well as new alts popping up every other hour!

in fact, I started looking into developing COINDASHIAN [CDS] , the next big thing since COINYE! and by holding onto those I will develop a PoS alt coin called NORTHs , the more COINDASHIAN and COINYE you hold will generate a % based on your current holding.

ahhhhh.... the wonders of a free market.

It's not like a programmer with a strong understanding of C++ and cryptocurrency couldn't make a multipool resistant coin. There's not enough innovation in altcoins. That's the problem.

Yes multipools are like locusts....they consume and consume till there is nothing left and they will be mining only LTC. As a coin moves up on the profit rung, they swoop in and wipe out any buy orders real fast, increase the dif to the point where you cant mine it for anything. Low price + high dif = normal people , who are the main driver in the prices lose interest.... what is the point when a multi pool will come in and wipe you out in a few hours?
You can look at the charts and see what the multi pools do. Nice huge blue candles all the time. suppresses the price. That is okay though, now many are only making 30 bucks a day instead of 70-100 a day because of what they do. Im all for the multi pools, but hope they realize what they have done and back off

Add in 100 shitcoins being made by the day, this even makes the matter worse. Not enough BTC to go in, you know that if you do go in a multi pool will hit the coin soon enough wiping out any value your coin may have had. Why would I invest in a coin knowing this?
Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn
January 08, 2014, 04:48:49 PM
I would like to make my own coin and call it the Samuscoin and have a picture of Samus on it. The space pirates would go nuts trying to get their hands on that coin.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Love all coins!
January 08, 2014, 04:40:22 PM
thanks to multipools,hashcow, and any other profit switching pool as well as new alts popping up every other hour!

in fact, I started looking into developing COINDASHIAN [CDS] , the next big thing since COINYE! and by holding onto those I will develop a PoS alt coin called NORTHs , the more COINDASHIAN and COINYE you hold will generate a % based on your current holding.

It's not like a programmer with a strong understanding of C++ and cryptocurrency couldn't make a multipool resistant coin. There's not enough innovation in altcoins. That's the problem.
Do you have any suggestions or algorithm ideas for how to do this without making it unmine-able?
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
January 08, 2014, 04:35:02 PM
People were buying air since the first bitcoin was bought... Bitcoin still is just an IDEA for alternative money (aka virtual currency) and so are the rest of the scrypt/sha256 coins. You can't do anything with them beside play on the market (like stocks) or just sell them for profit. They are virtual after all (thus calling them air) and are not integrated in real economy (besides some small shops/coffees and maybe some place I didn't heard about). My reason to make the thread was that I doubt it people realised this this last week. Maybe it's really about people waiting for BTC to get its maximum and then sell/buy the alternative coins. I invested highly in GDC and I hope it rises to at least 0.00000360 per coin to double my investment Cheesy.
[/quote]

I see. And you need some sort of Don Cryptopone to tell you: relax boy, er many will grow... for sure...khhe ..khhhe. Cool

Ok - listen, relax boy price of your GDC will for sure rise to at least 0.000000360 per coino... khee...khhe Cool

P.S. By the way fiat, interest and debt are also an ideas. "Today, the world uses as money something totally imaginary: fiat paper money exists in printed form and can be folded, but its value is quite imaginary; the numbers on this paper money, which give it value in proportion to their magnitude, bear no relation at all to anything tangible. On the other hand and to a much greater extent we have fiat digital money; this form of money is absolutely imaginary, and is produced by the imaginary banking systems of the world.

All imaginary digital money is imagined to exist exclusively in imaginary banks, where it is registered as supposedly the property of corporations and other imaginary institutions of all sorts, and also, as the property of flesh and blood humans. An awkward fundamental question is “How can something imaginary constitute property?”

Such is the mighty hold of imagination upon humans that even the ridiculous imaginary Bitcoin has gained the attention of some otherwise prudent humans. Governments have objected to the use of the Bitcoin because the Bitcoin, as imaginary money, invades the imaginary turf of bankers and governments and these people don’t like that. Curiously, on the Internet we can see pictures of pretty shiny Bitcoins, though none have been minted. A picture is helpful to the promotion of an imaginary coin.

On the part of some normally sound critics of fiat money the main doubts regarding the Bitcoin refer to its security and safety from falsification. Nobody is concerned that the Bitcoins are totally imaginary. Humanity appears to be quite happy in the imaginary world in which it lives.

Today, imaginary governments rule by means of distribution of imaginary money provided by imaginary banking systems controlled by imaginary central banks." Hugo Salinas Price
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
January 08, 2014, 04:32:08 PM
Crypto - people buying air.
Fiat - people buying paper (or plastic somewhere).
Shitcoin - people buying sh...

The one thing that most people doesnt realize, there are real and stable supports and bubble supports.

Real support is... (choir: wow)... money laundering + remote money transfers. This is REAL money support of value, because money laundering and international transfers ARE OK TO generate some loss from transactions and this works as an infinite faucet of buypower. There is only one way how to increase the stream from this faucet - by increasing the number of transactions. Bitcoin is now at full capacity, so there is a need to find alts - its OK, its healthy growth and it will not crash. Giving opportunities to transfer money faster and more comfortable than bitcoin IS a way how to build a good and valuable currency. All today alts are fast enough for these purposes, however they still dont attract costomers for daily use because confirmations take some time (but fast alts like EAC or QQC with 20s  to first confirmation are comparable to VISA terminals and may be adopted even as a normal currency. IF they do good marketing, and thats the problem. No promotion - no users - no transactions - no value - no motivation - no promotion.

Bubble support is everything else - speculative buying, issuing ponzi scheme shitcoins, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
January 08, 2014, 04:30:32 PM

Saw that...looks interesting but lots of hoops to jump through to get it working it seems.

You think mining Bitcoin was easy back at 2010. ? My point there is once developers sort the issues out and hashrate goes up 100+
times you'll be getting 100+ times less coins than if you mine right now so ...

Trading is Not dying and will never.
Come Trading Platform May but trading is not going to die
If you could check each and every coin few coins are still has a lot volume buy and sell.
its just the time of which coin is actually moving people move there.
There are so many coins which is moving all the time LTC, XPM, NMC, MEC, PPC, FTC and so on..... are still trading in a lot volume
When price moves up of course ALT's goes down and when mining gives supply Price fall
Bitcoin price moving Up is driving ALT's price down and it is temporal.

wow. so engrish. many laugh.

+1
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
January 08, 2014, 04:26:59 PM

How about you seriously give him an answer or point where he's wrong?

"Where he's wrong"... sir did you read the post? There is no statement which can be right or wrong. Post is just showing that OP does not understand who was selling air and who was buying. In this case cannot help, sorry.
[/quote]People were buying air since the first bitcoin was bought... Bitcoin still is just an IDEA for alternative money (aka virtual currency) and so are the rest of the scrypt/sha256 coins. You can't do anything with them beside play on the market (like stocks) or just sell them for profit. They are virtual after all (thus calling them air) and are not integrated in real economy (besides some small shops/coffees and maybe some place I didn't heard about). My reason to make the thread was that I doubt it people realised this this last week. Maybe it's really about people waiting for BTC to get its maximum and then sell/buy the alternative coins. I invested highly in GDC and I hope it rises to at least 0.00000360 per coin to double my investment Cheesy.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
January 08, 2014, 04:14:47 PM
If you could check each and every coin few coins are still has a lot volume buy and sell.
There are so many coins which is moving all the time LTC, XPM, NMC, MEC, PPC, FTC and so on..... are still trading in a lot volume
When price moves up of course ALT's goes down and when mining gives supply Price fall

wow. so engrish. many laugh.
Activity: 196
January 08, 2014, 04:14:38 PM
I think it all depends on BTC price
If the situation is bullish alts get more volume because nobody wants to cash out immediately.
If it is bearish, you want to keep you money on BTC and sell for FIAT to make buy lower.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K
January 08, 2014, 04:11:08 PM
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
January 08, 2014, 04:04:53 PM

[/quote]

"Where he's wrong"... sir did you read the post? There is no statement which can be right or wrong. Post is just showing that OP does not understand who was selling air and who was buying. In this case cannot help, sorry.
January 08, 2014, 04:04:20 PM

Saw that...looks interesting but lots of hoops to jump through to get it working it seems.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
January 08, 2014, 04:01:03 PM
Everyone realized they were buying "air"?

There are very few coins that I would still be interested in investing in. Ones that show something new, interesting, and useful regardless of how practical (XPM, DTC, PTS, etc).

I have one for you, check https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sha256cpu-mediterraneancoin-med-reuse-your-erupter-397831
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
January 08, 2014, 04:00:47 PM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 08, 2014, 03:58:18 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
January 08, 2014, 03:57:16 PM
You are seriously asking such question?

January 08, 2014, 03:56:08 PM
Everyone realized they were buying "air"?

There are very few coins that I would still be interested in investing in. Ones that show something new, interesting, and useful regardless of how practical (XPM, DTC, PTS, etc).
Pages:
Jump to: