Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading Research. - page 3. (Read 675 times)

?
Activity: -
Merit: -
September 04, 2024, 03:52:39 AM
The strategy that works on crypto is all about catching the inefficient liquidity.

The oldest is GRID, DCA bots. In another way, you could learn how to trade in the pump zone, arbitrage, non-risk trading near the spread.

Every trade has its own peculiarities, there is no single model and it has to be switched depending on the phase of the market.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 02, 2024, 04:34:31 AM
Hello, community!

I've been involved in crypto since the beginning, but in recent years, I decided to dive into trading. After spending six months studying all available materials on the subject, I realized that many of the traditional methods are either outdated or irrelevant to today’s markets. So, I embarked on my own research journey.

As an economist with experience in big data analytics, I started working with historical data, focusing on price action. After a year of research, I’ve gained a deeper understanding of market processes but also recognized the limits of my own skills.

I’m now looking for a talented Data Scientist or Data Analyst to join me on a voluntary basis. If you excel in data export, analysis, and visualization, and are ready to invest some time in this research, please send me a message.

Discussions are also welcome!  Wink

Been in Crypto trading for the fifth year now and i came to similar conclusions to your's during my journey.
Traditional regulated market and the bitcoin market are different animals. one can be a Bear/Bull market while the BTC market is a Kangaroo market, my POV. For traders who come from the traditional market is hard to accept a Kangaroo.  
As a software eng, and tech lead i build and analyse data for living. My background is not economics a so a fresh approach might be interesting.
but as i see it
Trading is all about risk management of losses and not about how many profitable trades one has.      

I completely agree with you. The crypto market has essentially become a testing ground for various trading strategies and, unfortunately, a breeding ground for scams. There's no real market when the entire supply is controlled by a single entity, when price fluctuations are manipulated to attract newcomers, and when machines are used to trade against individual investors. They spread misconceptions about the "market," but what they're really doing is playing a different game entirely.

Having been involved in the oil market and experienced trading floors firsthand, I understand what real traders do. They are essentially sales managers, either selling from global markets or directly from suppliers to local markets. However, what so-called "traders" in the crypto space are doing is simply betting on price differences—this is nothing like real trading.

In the crypto market, the primary product is price fluctuation, and the participants are focused on monetizing it. Therefore, the logical focus should be on understanding how price changes occur, not on fundamentals, supply and demand, order blocks, imbalances, Bollinger Bands, or other abstract concepts, nor on speeches or tweets from figures like Powell or others. The key is to study how price changes.

Activity: 47
Merit: 3
September 01, 2024, 01:42:49 PM
Hello, community!

I've been involved in crypto since the beginning, but in recent years, I decided to dive into trading. After spending six months studying all available materials on the subject, I realized that many of the traditional methods are either outdated or irrelevant to today’s markets. So, I embarked on my own research journey.

As an economist with experience in big data analytics, I started working with historical data, focusing on price action. After a year of research, I’ve gained a deeper understanding of market processes but also recognized the limits of my own skills.

I’m now looking for a talented Data Scientist or Data Analyst to join me on a voluntary basis. If you excel in data export, analysis, and visualization, and are ready to invest some time in this research, please send me a message.

Been in Crypto trading for the fifth year now and i came to similar conclusions to your's during my journey.
Traditional regulated market and the bitcoin market are different animals. one can be a Bear/Bull market while the BTC market is a Kangaroo market, my POV. For traders who come from the traditional market is hard to accept a Kangaroo.  
As a software eng, and tech lead i build and analyse data for living. My background is not economics a so a fresh approach might be interesting.
but as i see it
Trading is all about risk management of losses and not about how many profitable trades one has.      
September 01, 2024, 12:35:17 PM
Thanks for all your replies, everyone. I appreciate the input and agree with the sentiments—"time is money," "there's no such thing as a free lunch," and so on. However, I'm not looking for an employee; I'm seeking a partner, a team.

I understand that we all have bills to pay, and that data science is a well-compensated field. But it seems like some of you may have overlooked the work I've already invested. I'm not asking for compensation for that, but I do expect that we share the results of our research equally.

At the same time, some of you seem to want me to share my findings for free Grin. I will share them, but not for free  Roll Eyes—I'm suggesting a profit split instead. How does that sound Cool?
Are you open for a group where you will provide signals or something like that will share in your group? nothing is free but first time how people believe to you like if they have to pay first to get your signals it's a big question, because a lot of such groups in telegram and other platform, many of them scam.

Sorry, but I'm here for a different purpose. Please try to stay on topic.

September 01, 2024, 12:20:20 PM
Hello, community!

Discussions are also welcome!  Wink

This is not true. The trading methods that we had for the last few decades are still relevent today. People who trade crypto, stocks, forex, they all still use moving averages, fibonacci, RSI, MACD, etc. These methods have been around for a while and they are still in use.

Whether they help you make money is another story. You cant just blindly enter when an indicator tells you too, you need to have more confirmations. What you want to do requires lots of data, such as tick data and you can try using AI to analyze the data.

However in the end, I dont think you will get much of an end because trading in general is very difficult to do automatically with a bot.

There's no doubt they're trading this stuff, and the statistics don't lie—that's why they're losing. They'll keep trading like this for decades, feeding those who are using machine learning, AI, high-frequency trading, and other innovative technologies and strategies. While we have quantum computers, some people are still using calculators, and that's just the reality.
Activity: 756
Merit: 107
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
September 01, 2024, 12:13:34 PM
Thanks for all your replies, everyone. I appreciate the input and agree with the sentiments—"time is money," "there's no such thing as a free lunch," and so on. However, I'm not looking for an employee; I'm seeking a partner, a team.

I understand that we all have bills to pay, and that data science is a well-compensated field. But it seems like some of you may have overlooked the work I've already invested. I'm not asking for compensation for that, but I do expect that we share the results of our research equally.

At the same time, some of you seem to want me to share my findings for free Grin. I will share them, but not for free  Roll Eyes—I'm suggesting a profit split instead. How does that sound Cool?
Are you open for a group where you will provide signals or something like that will share in your group? nothing is free but first time how people believe to you like if they have to pay first to get your signals it's a big question, because a lot of such groups in telegram and other platform, many of them scam.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
September 01, 2024, 11:01:52 AM
Hello, community!

This is not true. The trading methods that we had for the last few decades are still relevent today. People who trade crypto, stocks, forex, they all still use moving averages, fibonacci, RSI, MACD, etc. These methods have been around for a while and they are still in use.

Whether they help you make money is another story. You cant just blindly enter when an indicator tells you too, you need to have more confirmations. What you want to do requires lots of data, such as tick data and you can try using AI to analyze the data.

However in the end, I dont think you will get much of an end because trading in general is very difficult to do automatically with a bot.
September 01, 2024, 08:16:00 AM

Will there be a closed group? Well, of course it will be paid. After all, everything is secret! Only today and only now, the great master of dark and light magic will show you how your portfolio is melting before your eyes! And for just a couple of hundred dollars, he will open your eyes to what is happening!

think you forgot to take your medicine today Grin
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
September 01, 2024, 07:38:53 AM

Will there be a closed group? Well, of course it will be paid. After all, everything is secret! Only today and only now, the great master of dark and light magic will show you how your portfolio is melting before your eyes! And for just a couple of hundred dollars, he will open your eyes to what is happening!
September 01, 2024, 07:35:50 AM
As for historical data, numbers reflect specific states of affairs—quantitative aspects of reality as opposed to abstract ones. When combined with a deep understanding of market processes, this data can indeed help make more accurate predictions.
I see thanks for the thought and good response appreciate your insight. Being an expert on data analysis. Hence the bitcoin for example, would you think that there is better chance for it to grow more at current price or at least make a new price discovery considering the historical movement it did for the past year?
Your question is more on a strategic level, where precise predictions aren't really possible. My research focuses on methods to ensure the implementation of a strategy—essentially, the manipulations involved. However, in my opinion, there is already a reversal formation from the all-time high (ATH). After reaching the 64k mark, I would expect a deep fall, although I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a drop from the current levels.
September 01, 2024, 07:16:13 AM

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
August 31, 2024, 05:49:10 PM

Hello!

That's really great that you are one of the OG's. When I was reading the first line I was really curious what would be your findings but sadly there's nothing about the results in this post, i would love to hear even some of the words according to your research.

I know there are many talented people around in this community, but as you know time is money, and no one likes to waste it, I don't doubt your pure intentions, but if you could post some of the results people are gonna get it more serious and it might boost the chances for you to get help from some. You are an economist that cool so what's the current conditions of global inflation?
I am also expecting more from OP that he will share some of his research findings not to question him, but to add more details if he also lack something that other traders would also benefit. And the fact that he said traditional methods could be outdated, at least he should present new methods that will definitely attract better profits when one risk itself into trading.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
August 31, 2024, 12:21:29 PM

Hello!

That's really great that you are one of the OG's. When I was reading the first line I was really curious what would be your findings but sadly there's nothing about the results in this post, i would love to hear even some of the words according to your research.

I know there are many talented people around in this community, but as you know time is money, and no one likes to waste it, I don't doubt your pure intentions, but if you could post some of the results people are gonna get it more serious and it might boost the chances for you to get help from some. You are an economist that cool so what's the current conditions of global inflation?
August 31, 2024, 11:23:47 AM
Hello, community!

You didn't give any example of any traditional trading method that has gone obsolete. Maybe mentioning them with a brief explanation would have helped explain your findings. I don't think all of these old methods are now out of date, maybe they have been advanced. Most of these traditional methods have been integrated with current technology making them easier and faster to apply.     

You wouldn't get the best analyst if the job is without financial benefits. There are some platforms where you can connect with people with the skills you seek. Members on those platforms might be open to free discussions or partnerships. You could also check the Service Board.     

Ive already given small explanation about misconceptions, my findings are about open ranges, i was researching open range distributions, and dependencies between close and open ranges distributions.
 I was expected to meet some enthusiast here like me, i knew it wouldn't be easy, but who knows. Anyway thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1321
Fully Regulated Crypto Casino
August 31, 2024, 11:23:03 AM
As for historical data, numbers reflect specific states of affairs—quantitative aspects of reality as opposed to abstract ones. When combined with a deep understanding of market processes, this data can indeed help make more accurate predictions.
I see thanks for the thought and good response appreciate your insight. Being an expert on data analysis. Hence the bitcoin for example, would you think that there is better chance for it to grow more at current price or at least make a new price discovery considering the historical movement it did for the past year?
August 31, 2024, 11:00:19 AM
I've been involved in crypto since the beginning, but in recent years, I decided to dive into trading. After spending six months studying all available materials on the subject, I realized that many of the traditional methods are either outdated or irrelevant to today’s markets.
These things still work because people don't change human instincts, greed and fear as well as consequent reactions in the market. Psychology cycle in the market is the same, from many different markets because people response in a same way with fear and greed, from stocks, real estates, gold to Bitcoin market.

Intelligent investors can apply nearly same principles like Warren Buffets uses in many decades. In different markets, you need to add some unique things in that market but generally there are many common things that related to human instinct.

You need the chart mostly for your investment and trading life.

Psychology of a market cycle
https://financialhorse.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Cover.jpg

I’m now looking for a talented Data Scientist or Data Analyst to join me on a voluntary basis.
There is no free lunch. You can find available open source trading resources, scripts and use it if you want but if you proactively request it, it's not good. You need to pay other people to do works for you.

This is good example of abstract misconception spreading Grin

August 31, 2024, 10:14:43 AM
I realized that many of the traditional methods are either outdated or irrelevant to today’s markets. So, I embarked on my own research journey.
Can you cite an example of those traditional that is barely useful now for trading? Cause I only knew of basic trading concept and method but still employing up to now and it seems working fine for me.

So in your research what can you say about historical data does it help determine the potential future price for the market? As it seems many are reliable on this info as basis too.
I believe many trading concepts are based on abstract assumptions and share a common origin, with some being outright misconceptions. Take Fibonacci levels, for example—waiting for a 50% retracement is essentially the same as waiting for a moving average crossover. When it comes to supply and demand, it’s complete nonsense in the context of BTC. While these concepts might apply to markets like grains or coffee, where seasonal supply and strategic demand are factors, BTC operates differently. Here, market makers provide liquidity 24/7, and market efficiency is their goal.

Risk management is another area that’s often misunderstood. The idea of risking 1% of your bankroll isn't efficient while 99% of it is not working. And strategies like risk-reward ratios of 1:3 can fail over time. Even in a vacuum, there are numerous combinations of losses that could eventually break you; it's only a matter of time.

The ICT approach is a compilation of these misconceptions, combining many flawed ideas into one.

As for historical data, numbers reflect specific states of affairs—quantitative aspects of reality as opposed to abstract ones. When combined with a deep understanding of market processes, this data can indeed help make more accurate predictions. You’ll see that the market is far from random. Statistics show that 95% of retail traders lose money. If you think that’s what randomness looks like, you’re mistaken—this is the result of misconceptions spreading and someone's well-executed market strategies.

Activity: 574
Merit: 554
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
August 31, 2024, 07:12:11 AM
Hello, community!

You didn't give any example of any traditional trading method that has gone obsolete. Maybe mentioning them with a brief explanation would have helped explain your findings. I don't think all of these old methods are now out of date, maybe they have been advanced. Most of these traditional methods have been integrated with current technology making them easier and faster to apply.     

You wouldn't get the best analyst if the job is without financial benefits. There are some platforms where you can connect with people with the skills you seek. Members on those platforms might be open to free discussions or partnerships. You could also check the Service Board.     
Activity: 1442
Merit: 775
August 31, 2024, 06:51:48 AM
I've been involved in crypto since the beginning, but in recent years, I decided to dive into trading. After spending six months studying all available materials on the subject, I realized that many of the traditional methods are either outdated or irrelevant to today’s markets.
These things still work because people don't change human instincts, greed and fear as well as consequent reactions in the market. Psychology cycle in the market is the same, from many different markets because people response in a same way with fear and greed, from stocks, real estates, gold to Bitcoin market.

Intelligent investors can apply nearly same principles like Warren Buffets uses in many decades. In different markets, you need to add some unique things in that market but generally there are many common things that related to human instinct.

You need the chart mostly for your investment and trading life.

Psychology of a market cycle

I’m now looking for a talented Data Scientist or Data Analyst to join me on a voluntary basis.
There is no free lunch. You can find available open source trading resources, scripts and use it if you want but if you proactively request it, it's not good. You need to pay other people to do works for you.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1321
Fully Regulated Crypto Casino
August 31, 2024, 05:29:55 AM
I realized that many of the traditional methods are either outdated or irrelevant to today’s markets. So, I embarked on my own research journey.
Can you cite an example of those traditional that is barely useful now for trading? Cause I only knew of basic trading concept and method but still employing up to now and it seems working fine for me.

So in your research what can you say about historical data does it help determine the potential future price for the market? As it seems many are reliable on this info as basis too.
Pages:
Jump to: