Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading Tips - page 2. (Read 2690 times)

Activity: 593
Merit: 500
1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA
August 07, 2015, 09:03:41 AM
Check the fees. Many exchanges have so high fees that you have to struggle to make a profit.

Only start with a very small amount. I would use $20 only. You will lose it anyway so it's better to learn cheap.

Don't act on emotions. Never. That is a really hard lesson you need to learn.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
August 06, 2015, 10:55:58 PM
I am not a great trader, but those tips served me...

1) Create a spreadsheet to record your buying and selling, the price you bought /sell, the costs, how many coins were sold etc.

2) Start buying as low as you can. I usually try to trade intra-day so I check the minimum price for the day and try to buy at or slightly above it. Don't spend all your money, perhaps only half it.

3) Having this first buy as a reference in your spreadsheet, try to sell the coins obtained very slightly above, but with earnings. If the price does not go up, but instead goes down, buy again with the remaining money and expect to raise.

I know it is not a greaaaat strategy, but it gets you started and begin to learn along the way.

I think you got the basics there. With this basic knowledge and a heartless mind anyone can make some profit.

So you better stick to these fundamental rules and more...
Before you buy any type of asset you should first do an intensive research about it to see if it's a good choice.
Always stick to these basics and you'll be fine!
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
August 04, 2015, 06:48:42 AM
With Bitcoin’s price skyrocketing in the last weeks, a lot of new players are getting curious about this mysterious cryptocurrency, but only a few have the necessary knowledge to start trading like a pro. So, here are six Bitcoin trading tutorials that can help the newbies get started. Take a look, learn the basics and happy trading!

https://99bitcoins.com/6-bitcoin-trading-tutorials-worth-reading/
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
August 04, 2015, 05:09:41 AM
Looking for some easy to start with trading tips.
I don't gamble and have always want to start trading BTC and maybe also play around with some of the shit coins for fun.

Trading is like gambling really. Both are risky. I guess the only thing you can do with trading s buy low and sell high. Not as easy as it seems though and you have to keep your money on an exchange which I personally don't like doing.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
August 04, 2015, 04:46:03 AM

1) Create a spreadsheet to record your buying and selling, the price you bought /sell, the costs, how many coins were sold etc.

2) Start buying as low as you can. I usually try to trade intra-day so I check the minimum price for the day and try to buy at or slightly above it. Don't spend all your money, perhaps only half it.

3) Having this first buy as a reference in your spreadsheet, try to sell the coins obtained very slightly above, but with earnings. If the price does not go up, but instead goes down, buy again with the remaining money and expect to raise.

I know it is not a greaaaat strategy, but it gets you started and begin to learn along the way.
Thanks maokoto, you got some good starter ideas there.
When trading small this way dont you get eaten up by the fees?

since the fee is percentage based, if you sell higher you wont lose anything

I think the transaction fee is with respect to the trade volume and not to your margin.

Example:
You bought 1 BTC at 1000 $/BTC
You sold 1 BTC at 1001 $/BTC

Trade profit: 1 $
Fee: 1000 * 0,002 = 2 $
Net profit: -1 $ (aka loss)
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
August 04, 2015, 04:20:02 AM

since the fee is percentage based, if you sell higher you wont lose anything
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
August 03, 2015, 10:29:46 PM

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
August 03, 2015, 09:39:41 PM

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
August 03, 2015, 08:01:36 PM
Looking for some easy to start with trading tips.
I don't gamble and have always want to start trading BTC and maybe also play around with some of the shit coins for fun.

Im not looking to trade much so really don't care if i dont make a fortune or lose, only want to start playing around with about 0.2btc till i know a bit more about what im doing.

Trading has always sounded interesting to me so any help or links would be much appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: