Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading vs HODL - Personal Experience for Newbies - page 2. (Read 645 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 195
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Thanks sir, you have very nicely advised the newbies. I think every newbie should avoid trading. Trading is one thing where once you enter you cannot get out. Especially if I talk about future trading platform then I can compare this future trading platform with gambling platform. Just like gambling platforms lose your funds and never get them back, you never get your funds back if you lose trading on futures trading platforms. So I would say to every new trader if you want to start trading it is a wrong decision for you invest in bitcoin you will be very successful and your fund will grow. I joined the trading platform as a newbie and still have losses in my trading.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
Hi everyone,

Bitcoin price is going up,  are being converted into supports. I want to share my advice and personal experience with beginners and newbies on this forum and explain what is good for them in the long term. If you are an experienced member/trader, take it lightly.

Alright, Newbie, I will start without wasting your time. Bitcoin Trading will never be profitable in the long term as compared to HODL.
You will never win or become a millionaire if you decide to take leverage, use Future Trading, or even Spot Trading. You can never catch every move perfectly.

If you are new and making a profit, that's called beginner's luck. That doesn't mean shit and no, you do not LEAVE your job to become a full-time trader.
Always collect Bitcoin, Spend at least 20% of your savings on collecting sats.

And once again, Leverage is your biggest enemy. Even 2x leverage is dangerous.
Bitcoin Halving is approaching, I would suggest all of you focus on buying more, avoiding selling, as these prices will never come in the future.

All the best! <3
Thank you for stressing the need to buy and hold Bitcoin now. I just commented about this in our local board urging them to use this time to invest wisely in Bitcoin. I guess we are thinking in the same direction. The coming years hold so much promises for those who embraced this amazing technology and actually make effort to hold. It will be somehow divastating for anyone not to have some Bitcoin when the price finally explodes to a high they never thought could be possible.

I love the conservative number of 20% you suggested to be invested in Bitcoin. We should be able to leave our normal lives after committing 20% of our capital into Bitcoin.

To many good events happened on bitcoin so for sure we can see more from it that's why its really better to accumulate from time to time so that we will not left behind on more possible price pump that possibly came in future. 20% is really  a good figure to use if this is extra money you can spend for investment since for sure once there are same like bullrun will happen to the market for sure we are lucky since we are saving while the price is cheap, unlike if we just wait and always missed out these good events on bitcoin history.

For now we can't really see the effect of hodling since bitcoin moves in unexpected manner but once we have patience also huge belief for more better future for sure that we can see more greater result for hodling than chosing to do day trading where we can only earn a chunk from it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 25
Ton Together | Save Smart & Win Big
Thanks, it's a really great advices. My advice to newcomers is to go research Bitcoin's journey and learn about its cycles, particularly the 4-year halving ceremony. It's similar to a road map on when to buy more Bitcoin or cash out during peak times. Also, keep an eye on the Bitcoin Dominance Index, which indicates when Bitcoin is taking a break, signaling the start of the Altcoin season. IMHO, understanding these signs is the first step toward making wise decisions.
Activity: 252
Merit: 20
Crypto WEB3 Neobank
We should buy more and more now, because we will never get this price back. Bitcoin price is moving towards ATH. It will only go up, once its value starts going up it will never go down. Don't ruin yourself by selling now. Because we may never get this golden opportunity again. So buy more and wait.

Yes Exactly Ricardo11 . Especially today. Discounts are back again, where we also have to be very clever at reading market conditions and news updates. BNB is also a good buy now. For the maximum, yes. As you said, there must be preparation and not to be left behind when the bull market comes.

But in my opinion buy more BTC in this moment.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 564
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I am not a newbie as you see from profile but I feel like this topic is literally describing what I have been through and yes I agree that hodling is the king when it comes to Bitcoin just like how leverages are enemy for Bitcoin it's vice versa for Altcoins wherein Hodling is enemy when it comes to most of the Altcoins except the top ones. I have lost a huge sum of amount in future trading and got into debt and thankfully I am out of it now but hodling Bitcoin has given me guaranteed profit and the problem with newbie is that they want to become rich overnight and this indulge into Altcoin trading or future trading and end up losing.
Activity: 349
Merit: 27
Ultimate Launchpad on TON
Alright, Newbie, I will start without wasting your time. Bitcoin Trading will never be profitable in the long term as compared to HODL.
You will never win or become a millionaire if you decide to take leverage, use Future Trading, or even Spot Trading. You can never catch every move perfectly.

The ambition to make quick profits once you enter the world of trading cannot be avoided. but the HODL suggestion is the most correct. even if you use Future Trading, or even Spot Trading if you don't understand the methods and techniques, it's the same. If Hodl doesn't require special skills. The only skill is patience and waiting for the harvest to come, especially for me, BTC prices going up and down on the market are very normal, patience and not emotions just need to be improved.
Activity: 980
Merit: 519
fillippone - Winner contest Pizza 2022
...Bitcoin Halving is approaching, I would suggest all of you focus on buying more, avoiding selling, as these prices will never come in the future.

How can you be so sure that there will no longer be such a price for Bitcoin? Or do you have a crystal ball? This is a cryptocurrency market and, accordingly, anything can happen here. Therefore, it should not be surprising that after a certain time, a dump of Bitcoin and the entire market may follow.
There is every possibility of Bitcoin hitting the below price once more even again and again, that's it nature. There is no below stop at which the price can be predicted, let it not come to a shock that Bitcoin might dip to $18k on the next few days, may be it remains just unpredictable
we need to keep holding our Bitcoin so that we can earn more from the market. Those people who are found of buying and immediately selling their Bitcoin might miss out the bull trend that is loading. It is good when we exhibit the habit of planning for the future. There are people that have already bought Bitcoin at a lower price and waiting for the price of Bitcoin to skyrocket so that they can make reasonable profits from holding Bitcoin. We can also trade Bitcoin if we know how to go about it in a way that we could be making profits from the market even when holding.
Activity: 406
Merit: 76
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
We should buy more and more now, because we will never get this price back. Bitcoin price is moving towards ATH. It will only go up, once its value starts going up it will never go down. Don't ruin yourself by selling now. Because we may never get this golden opportunity again. So buy more and wait.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
Direct to the point.
I'm just thinking that this advice are just for newbies out there because in general, you can get profit in trading still, but that would take time, experience, and money first before becoming an expert trader. All of the traders who are making money out of trading are all expert ones. Newbies will never win in the long run that's for sure.

If you are new and making a profit, that's called beginner's luck. That doesn't mean shit and no, you do not LEAVE your job to become a full-time trader.
Always collect Bitcoin, Spend at least 20% of your savings on collecting sats.
When I was a newbie in trading, when I did make some profits, me quitting my day job is coming out in my mind at that time, and I'm already thinking of becoming a full-time trader at that time. Good thing I didn't quit immediately because one wrong entry made me lose almost all of my money. That's thru leverage. I guess it would be better to just collect Bitcoins, and just hold it until the bull run happens. Smiley Less risky, less stressful, but more time-consuming though.

You suggested Bitcoin, and although it's the best cryptocurrency to buy currently, I would suggest to the newbies to make a research on those top altcoins out there, and at least research on them as well.

Bitcoin Halving is approaching, I would suggest all of you focus on buying more, avoiding selling, as these prices will never come in the future.
As many people suggests this, the more the price of Bitcoins goes up as it increases the demand. More people will get hyped thus, will buy Bitcoins even more. Well, base on history, Bitcoin's price goes up a few months after the halving, and I'm not saying that it will happen in the future though, but there's a high chance that it might happen, so to sum it up, just focus on buying Bitcoin like what OP shared, and whatever happens, don't invest your money into something that you don't even know.
Activity: 224
Merit: 216
Trading is not right without experience and even market judgment analysis.But if you want to do trading, you have to keep in mind that there will be both profit and loss in trading.Emotion and patience are the most important in trading.No one can succeed in trading without emotion and patience.Different people do trading in different ways like future trading, spot trading. Not everyone can be a good trader so if you can't be a good trader then hold any coin for a long time.
I would say if you want a risk free holding then hold Bitcoin.Bitcoin is the best coin to hold for the long term.
Activity: 322
Merit: 26
Be Happy ☺️
Without getting experience and without knowing candlestick psychology you can't do trading you will faces losses. A long time meditation and proper dedication helps you to be a good trader. But before studying trading you have to take a medium type of capital which you can effort to lose. Then you have to start trading.
But if you don't want to risk your money then you must go for hodl. Because if you are a bitcoin investor if you hold it for long time there is not that much risk in your money after a time you will get profit. That is not risky as trading.
If you don't want to reach your money and want profit then I will say go for hodl not for training.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 296
Investment always seems safe to me as investment is planned for long term. In the beginning a person should focus on investments first. If the new member concentrates on investing in the beginning then he can get a rough understanding of trading as well as investment so that he can invest and trade with a long term plan. As investing is done in long term plan, if the value of a coin drops a bit then an investor is not too worried about that price but in trading it is different. Since the main objective of trading is to gain some amount of money in a short period of time trading at the wrong time can lead to loss of money and that's why a new member can get too excited seeing their losses so it is good for a newbie to know about investing in the beginning.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
...I understand the meaning of trading is trading and in it there is a way of holding. If you mean trading is short-term trading and hold is long-term then you should do both. Because I did that.

Even after a long study of the basics of trading, not everyone is able to further trade profitably. This is because not everyone can become a good trader, just as after training, not everyone becomes a good doctor. And if you don't have a special gift to become a good trader, you need to focus on holding.
Activity: 224
Merit: 195
...Bitcoin Halving is approaching, I would suggest all of you focus on buying more, avoiding selling, as these prices will never come in the future.

How can you be so sure that there will no longer be such a price for Bitcoin? Or do you have a crystal ball? This is a cryptocurrency market and, accordingly, anything can happen here. Therefore, it should not be surprising that after a certain time, a dump of Bitcoin and the entire market may follow.
There is every possibility of Bitcoin hitting the below price once more even again and again, that's it nature. There is no below stop at which the price can be predicted, let it not come to a shock that Bitcoin might dip to $18k on the next few days, may be it remains just unpredictable
Activity: 1372
Merit: 348
Investing and trading is somewhat risky for every new investor or trader. Initially, an investor or trader does not have a complete understanding of these issues, due to which newbies make more mistakes in investing and trading. In the first instance new members need to get training and practical idea about investment first. Beginners need to use small amount of money first to get real idea. When they can get a fairly realistic idea of trading and investing with a small amount of money, they can start their main investment or trading. But in the beginning if one goes for direct investment or trading then they will not be able to do any good from their trading. So every trader and investor should get enough ideas and practical experience in the beginning.
IMHO, when someone invests he already takes it as something risky even before doing it. And someone who doesn't have knowledge upon doing so is actually a risk taker. But do they know that they can minimize the risk that before doing an investment, researching is going to give them an upperhand.

Not all, many investors are naive, thinking that when they invest they will definitely get a profit from their investment , then after they will learn the truth the hardway.  This is also one of the reasons why there are weak hands among the investors.  They are not prepared for the bad scenario and panic when they experience one which resulted of selling their Bitcoin holding just to "minimize their losses".  But little that they know that Bitcoin has the ability to recover and even surpassed its ATH, it is that it does not happen overnight.

Just to make sure that your hard earned money will be used properly and wisely, those that invests without prior knowledge are truly taking the top risk.

Yeah and they are the first one to buy during the peak and the first one to sell when the market become unfavorable.

And relating that to Bitcoin and trading, many of them doesn't mind going to the point of trading as soon as possible because of misbelief that they can make easy money there which is truly wrong and doesn't make sense.

Well, they can make money but not that easily.  Many of these newbies are enticed with huge profit and get hyped into investing  thinking that they will get profit if they just do trade.  I believe the misunderstanding are done by people who introduced Bitcoin but failed to remind the people about the risk and failed to inform them about how the Bitcoin market work.
Activity: 812
Merit: 675
I really love and appreciate this advise a lot, it was short, direct and precise. All informations were helpful and duly acknowledged. This is not just for newbies and for members who have now yet experienced the halving and are anticipating to see one coming soon. This is an advise to call on all Bitcoin enthusiasts to shy away from what will make them miss out on the big opportunity in bitcoin by swaying away with the enticing offer or good testimony from people who have or may not have benefited through trading give. Keep accumulating those sats, their is better fortune in it than trading.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
 Newbies are not capable to trade in the market and expect sustainable profits just like professional traders. They don't have the skills and strategies that a good trader requires, and it needs a lot of exposure and experience in the market before you can say that you're good and profitable enough. So never stick with trading but focus on buying and long term hodling instead.

Bitcoin halving is nearly approaching and we have to maximize our bitcoin investment so we can also gain significant profits when we decide to sell. At least the risk with long term hodling is lesser, yet the profits are still huge and promising.
Activity: 602
Merit: 442
I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.
I like it when I see reputable members still advising the newbies especially about holding and it also pains me to realize that I really don’t have any reasonable holdings as a result of my health and I pray to get better so I can actually channel all these funds to accumulating more of bitcoin as I’m pretty sure that the year(s) to come will be amazing for those who choose to buy and holding now as holding has proven to be one of the best ways to profit from bitcoin with minimal risk.

I’ve been a major fan of trading especially the synthetic indices and as a newbie, no matter how profitable you might seem from the initial stages without proper training, the losses will always tend to be greater than the profits and 20%been set aside is a very fair %that should enable investors comfortably invest in bitcoin without much stress.
Activity: 574
Merit: 308
Hi everyone,

Bitcoin price is going up, resistances are being converted into supports. I want to share my advice and personal experience with beginners and newbies on this forum and explain what is good for them in the long term. If you are an experienced member/trader, take it lightly.

I know trading is no way comparable to HODL but why not do both if you can? Combining trading and HODLing will go a long way and make you some profits. I am aware of the risk involved in trading but this sounds like discouragement to those who are interested in trading. Newbies and beginners just have to be careful when involving themselves in trading and learn about what it takes to be a trader. After all even the hodl is not risk free and no guarantee. If you have trading experience, it will even earn you more bitcoin to hold because when you make profit from trading, you will use part of it to increase your portfolio.

However, it's not advisable to even think of trading if you can not bear the risk involved because eventually you can not survive the damages it will cause you financially and emotionally. You don't need to trade before you can hold bitcoin. Just buy and store in your wallet in which you have the private keys in your possession. Remember, your keys are your coin and any mistakes that make you to lose it, consider your coins are gone.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
In fact, I see that most professional crypto traders resulting from their trading profits are collecting bitcoin, and especially now the Bitcoin trend has strengthened due to Halving, so it's more aik for beginners is to try to collect bitcoin first than trading.

If you want to learn trade, I think for beginners it is better to use 5% of the money deposited to the exchange to make trading, and it is also not good for a beginner to be active traders every day because it will only waste money, make a few moments for Learn trading and also use the smallest leverage that you can do so that your mental conditions run well, when everything does not match your calculations.
Beginners are very vulnerable to mistakes, so understand first before making a large risk.
Accumulating bitcoins gradually is the best strategy for both beginners and professionals. Because buying in stages will be very good for the long term. No emotions, no stressful moments and other negative things. The important thing is that there is a target to be achieved in the future.
Beginners don't necessarily trade every day, they just need to learn how to trade and yes 5% of the money can be used for trading so they can practice and understand how trading happens. This will shape their mentality to be better prepared for the crypto market.

That would be the best solution for people can't afford to buy in bulk since buying gradually can potentially increase their volume to stake intended for holding and that would bring good result for them especially when certain hype regarding on bull run event will came since for sure all efforts for waiting to long will be rewarded at that time. Its also important that we have target set regarding on when to sell or what situation it will be so that we will have some basis on dropping decision if we are ready to take our profit and settle up for next round. Beginners might need to trade everyday since from that they can learn a lot and for sure once they experience how complex trading is for sure they can learn a lot of things that can help them to do better decision on their holdings or the trade they made.

Holding is for experience people since its really mentally stressful for a person doing that especially if he don't have experience to do so and seeing how market decline then he don't know what to do about it.
Pages:
Jump to: