Pages:
Author

Topic: Transaction is pending because fee was too low, now what - page 3. (Read 396 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 520
🇵🇭
One final question. As the fee is expressed in sats/vb. How do I know how many vbytes my transaction is?

Do you use Bluewallet because I only experience this on bluewallet whenever I open it while my data is still not on then load the wallet. You can check your transaction on blockchain explorer to see what fee is used is sats/vB format. Mempool is the best explorer to determine suggested fee and the details of the transaction.

You use a high fee so you just need to wait a little until the mempool clear some space.
Activity: 336
Merit: 495
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
Hello

I have a question about transaction fees. I think I did a transaction for which the transaction fee was lower than the Low Prio fee (mempool.space). It is now +/- $15 and I think I payed +/- $10. That amount was suggested by my app and I accepted it blindly. I did not expect it to be so low. Anyway, the question I have is, what will now happen with that transaction. Is my btc lost in transit forever?

Unfortunate, in my app I don't have the possibility to bump the fee

One final question. As the fee is expressed in sats/vb. How do I know how many vbytes my transaction is?

You can check the fees in vbytes on the mempool by inputing the transaction ID using the link provided by Charles-Tim and bitmover also your Bitcoins are not lost forever if the fee is too low miners may not confirm the transaction except maybe you use a free accelerator. But if the transaction is left unconfirmed for a maximum of about 2 weeks the Bitcoins will return back to your wallet
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
If the transaction is not having high inputs and/or outputs, that fee will likely later be enough to get the transaction confirmed. Just wait and let the mempool become less congested.

Paste the txid into the space on this site and check the details. you will see the fee rate (sat/vbyte) that you used.

https://mempool.space/

Before broadcasting a transaction at all, you should be able to see the fee rate. Use reputed wallet like Electrum, Sparrow or Bluewallet.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hello

I have a question about transaction fees. I think I did a transaction for which the transaction fee was lower than the Low Prio fee (mempool.space). It is now +/- $15 and I think I payed +/- $10. That amount was suggested by my app and I accepted it blindly. I did not expect it to be so low. Anyway, the question I have is, what will now happen with that transaction. Is my btc lost in transit forever?

What really matters is not how much you paid in usd  but what fee rate (in sat/vbyte) you used.

Always take a look at https://mempool.space  to see what fee rate you should use.
Now you should use about  300 sat/vbyte
If you share your transaction ID, or insert it in mempool.space  you can see how long it will take

If you used RBF, you can just increase the fee rate to 300.
Activity: 7
Merit: 4
Hello

Pages:
Jump to: