Pages:
Author

Topic: transaction that took too long, RESOLVED, thanks to everyobody for the support. - page 4. (Read 5980 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Thanks for the clarification D&T

so the 6 (or you say 7) tps is a theoretical limit without a hard fork to increase blocksize and we aren't there yet

Yes I think 6 or 7 overstates it though.  The actual limit is 1MB.  Average tx is ~400 bytes so that is 1000 KB /0.4 = 2500 tx per block.   600 seconds per block; 2500 / 600 = 4.2 tps.

Still we are running roughly 10% of that right now.
Rez
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
this is the  kind of thing that will kill bitcoin

You mean selfish people who refuse to pay a four-penny transaction fee? Nah, it'll just (hopefully) weed out selfish people who refuse to pay a four-penny transaction fee.
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Am I reading it right, or OP tried to double spend according to blockchain.info. There is one unconfirmed input, and if you look at the output of it, it was already spent. Of course it is very likely that I am just not reading it right, but if I am, the transaction will never confirm as one of the inputs was already spent.
wait you mean those bitcoin are lost?
I figured out your problem. Miners are not accepting your transaction due to address re-use.

Read here why https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/miners-time-to-deprioritisefilter-address-reuse-334316. That or, because you didn't add a fee.
Am I reading it right, or OP tried to double spend according to blockchain.info. There is one unconfirmed input, and if you look at the output of it, it was already spent. Of course it is very likely that I am just not reading it right, but if I am, the transaction will never confirm as one of the inputs was already spent.
wait you mean those bitcoin are lost?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345
diamond-handed zealot
Thanks for the clarification D&T

so the 6 (or you say 7) tps is a theoretical limit without a hard fork to increase blocksize and we aren't there yet
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
somebody correct me if I'm wrong, as I understand it there are 6 transactions/second make the blockchain, the miners will, of course, prioritize inclusion of paying traffic and a backlog of moocher transactions develops.  Occasionally there is a lull in transaction activity and some moochers make it into the chain

Max block size is 1MB that is ~2,500 average sized tx or 4 tps (7 tps would require smaller as in size not value txs).  However miners aren't mining blocks anywhere close to the 1MB limit.

Average block size is 100KB to 200KB (~250 to 500 txs) or a mere 0.4 to 0.8 tps.  Miners are simply choosing to mine smaller blocks.

Still in general you are right.  Most miners devote a small amount of space for free transactions (default is 27KB or ~60 tx per block).  Anything beyond that waits for the next block.  If there are 3000 free tx ahead of you and only 60 make it into a block you are looking for 50 or so blocks before inclusion.  Free tx are ranked by priority so if you have a lower priority you can simply keep falling int the queue as newer higher priority tx are included in a block.

i cant setup somethin on blockchain to have the fees automaticly deducted from btc i send?because i do too many transaction per day
this is bad . i sell bitcoin for ukash...i transfered my two btc on mtgox now im 0 on blockchain..very bad...i cant take any ukash then..
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
somebody correct me if I'm wrong, as I understand it there are 6 transactions/second make the blockchain, the miners will, of course, prioritize inclusion of paying traffic and a backlog of moocher transactions develops.  Occasionally there is a lull in transaction activity and some moochers make it into the chain
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Your transaction has fee, but it uses unconfirmed input. Send coins only after you get 1st confirmation from your deposit Wink
i use blockchain..

You still have to pay a transaction fee. Its in the settings.

right i see it now..i used to pay with mtgox there was a little box to tick...ok now i see .. Sad my btc will come in 19 months so..sadness
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
right..now i cant pay fees after so i just have to wait...how much times

No saying really, I've accidentally sent transactions with no fees that were confirmed in 20 minutes, and I've had some that took 3+ days. I've also heard of it taking near a week, however not in my limited experience.
right..now i cant pay fees after so i just have to wait...how much times
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
There must be some incentive for the miner, especially when they are no longer receiving block rewards.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
i use blockchain..

You still have to pay a transaction fee. Its in the settings.
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
pay fee or don't get mined...simple as that
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Pay the transaction fee?
Pages:
Jump to: