Pages:
Author

Topic: Transaction will not leave my wallat - page 2. (Read 282 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 1
April 22, 2021, 03:07:12 AM
@nc50lc
I may opt to try that, if I can summon the currage for it. I hope there are some youtubes I can waths before trying. Thanks for tip.

@HCP
I usualy start Bitcoin Core manually and let it run in the back ground
It does show connected in green "Connected (680099 blocks)"
Yes here is link : https://pastebin.com/ASFe449V

Is it possible that the problem is with the Bitcoin Core installation? My history of events:
1. I installed Bitcoin Core
2. I did alotta things to make the setup work.
3. I then then uninstalled Bitcoin Core - and reinstalled it. I deleted the roaming files manually but! for some reason the space never cleared on my harddisk?
4. I have no error messages from the Bitcoin Core

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
April 22, 2021, 03:05:23 AM
After 4 days of waiting I have cleared the transaction. And the balance restored.

I'm completely stuck.

Core evicts from its mempool transactions that aren't mined within 3 days. With the recent dip in hash rate, there has been over a dozen blocks over 1h since this weekend. Probably your tx was broadcasted but never mined. I suggest you try to send those BTC again but with a manual set fee this time. Something like 150 s/B should get you through.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
April 22, 2021, 02:25:45 AM
Do you usually run Bitcoin Core manually and then run Armory? Or do you have Armory configured to "Let Armory run bitcoind/Bitcoin Core in the background"? Huh

When you run Armory, does it show "Connected" in green in the bottom right corner of the Armory screen?

Can you please copy/paste the contents of your "armorylog.txt" file from "Roaming\Armory" folder to pastebin and then post the pastebin URL here.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
April 22, 2021, 02:19:50 AM
I've checked the Armorylog.txt (you can share it for others as well) and it's normal to me, but I see that you're still failing to send transactions.

If you want, you can broadcast the transaction through other means.
To get the signed raw transaction that can be pushed through other services, follow this:
  • Click "Send Bitcoins", fill up the Amount and Recipient(s) and check "Create Unsigned" then Click "Continue"
  • After the info/warning window, click "Copy to Clipboard", then Continue.
  • Paste the copied string and click "Sign", type your password and you can now click "Copy Raw Tx (Hex)".
  • Submit that to a broadcast service like https://blockstream.info/tx/push or https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/pushtx/ and the transaction should be sent to the network.
if your Armory is having trouble "seeing" transactions from your mempool, you wont see it right away until it get one confirmation.

Aside from that, I don't have any other ideas.
April 21, 2021, 11:54:34 PM
After 4 days of waiting I have cleared the transaction. And the balance restored.

I'm completely stuck.

April 21, 2021, 03:29:47 AM
Sure I can do that - but I allready did that once, and nothing happens. It does not change anything new transaction still fails. I have not changed anything between the last two transactions, so I doubt it will change anything that I try a third time.

I have no problems deleting the transaction - and the balance is restored without any problems.

But I dont know how to send you the right information for doing diagnostics on why it does not broadcast?
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
April 21, 2021, 03:09:09 AM
None of my transactions has been broadcasted. The ID of the latest transaction is here "3ed87afc556f3b525f104b6adcc87f78f847c24e358d1c892252097ad02bafb3"
So it's safe to remove them from your wallet since it wasn't broadcast at all, only your wallet knows that transaction.
You can use the same option "Help->Clear all unconfirmed" and "Help->Rescan Balance", then restart Armory (and/or your PC).
Then make a new transaction.

Do you recommend that I use BOTH Bitcoind and the server=1 solution I have used the server=1 solution and that made all the error messages go away
No, only one should suffice, I'd suggest to add it to bitcoin.conf instead.
April 21, 2021, 02:50:04 AM
The transaction has still not entered the blockchain - I think it is safe to say it is broken

1. Yes I get the privact warning, and I get an explorer window on where to save armorylog.txt. I just save it on my desktop and scroll through it. Its very long.
2. I checked "roaming>Armory" and I can see there is a Armorylog.txt.
3. When I use the "File>Export log" the file it wants to create is titled "armorylog_20210421_0839.txt" so it is an armorylog.txt just with some more stuff. So it is not called dbLog.txt as you suggested. Maybe I just pasted the wrong section of the log to you.

None of my transactions has been broadcasted. The ID of the latest transaction is here "3ed87afc556f3b525f104b6adcc87f78f847c24e358d1c892252097ad02bafb3"

The above transaction is still open.

The previous transaction I cleared using the function in Armory Help>Clear all unconfirmed transactions - It had also not registered anywhere

Do you recommend that I use BOTH Bitcoind and the server=1 solution I have used the server=1 solution and that made all the error messages go away

I greatly appreciate your help here
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
April 20, 2021, 11:22:44 PM
That's weird, after the privacy warning, there should be a file explorer asking where you want to create the file.
Okay, it should be the same as "armorylog.txt" from the data directory: C:\Users\jlj\AppData\Roaming\Armory

There's also a chance that the first transaction prevented the second from being broadcast that's why you're seeing it as "Not in blockchain yet".
Try pasting both transactions (if not, recipient addresses) to a blockexplorer and check if those are in the network, that should minimize the guesswork.
April 20, 2021, 03:14:07 PM
Yes - I had ton of problems until I added server=1 in the config file. So I have done that.

Is it a special section of the export file you want then. When I create the file I dont get an option to create the file you ask for...
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
April 20, 2021, 11:45:31 AM
That's the "dbLog.txt" not "Armorylog.txt" but it looks like Armory is working fine aside from an issue with getting a transaction data from bitcoin core's mempool.

Have you followed goatpig's advice to start bitcoind with -server parameter? (post link)
Alternatively, you can add server=1 to Bitcoin Core's bitcoin.conf file in the default bitcoin data directory (location).
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
April 20, 2021, 10:08:14 AM
You need to paste the Armorylog to find the root of the issue, you can get it from "File->Export Log File".
And if it's too long, you can use https://pastebin.com/ and link that to your post.
(you can censor info like PC username and data directories if you prefer)

My guess is it could be a issue on your Armory database.
If that's the case, it's easy to fix but it's best to check the logs to be sure.

You can also paste the transaction ID to blockexplorers (like https://blockstream.info/) to check if the transaction already went through.
You can get the transaction ID from: Double-click the transaction, the "Transaction ID" is above the txn info.
April 20, 2021, 07:49:30 AM
Hi kind people
I have been extremely glad to read all your excellent posts the last few days where I have struggled to restore an old account and sell the coins. I have solved multimpel errors and problems using them. I have succeded! As a non technical dude thats a victory.

I only have one problem left. When I make a transaction it will not leave the wallet. I tried with low fee first. Then used the "help > clear all unconfirmed transactions" to start again with 300 sat/B which I understand is high, and should make a fast transaction (30 min ish).

But again it just sits there with status "Not in blockchain yet" for several hours.

I get the warning of "not able to send through P2P network - using (whatever) instead". But from posts I understand that this is not a problem. Other than that I get no errors or warnings...

Does anyone have experience with this, and can I be doing something wrong? I will be happy to wait a couple of days if you all think that is the only thing to do. But having really struggled with getting this up and running I have a nagging feeling its just not going to happen.

Any advice?
Pages:
Jump to: