Pages:
Author

Topic: transactions are not going or very slow - page 2. (Read 2360 times)

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
The blocks are full, there's no denying it. There has to be bigger blocks, soon. I don't support how Gavin handled it though, but there has to be bigger blocks.

Ok then, explain now why increasing the blocksize constant is the only way to increase the transaction rate. Make it credible, a multitude of Bitcoin development experts know full-well that this is an entirely false premise, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as it's not impossible that you're the software design genius that's just about to announce a major design breakthrough to the world. Let's hear your idea to scale the transaction rate.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
Meanwhile, transactions I sent and received hours ago still have zero confirms.
Meanwhile, the transaction that I've sent today confirmed with the following block. If you have included a fee that is under the recommended fee in satoshis/byte, then your transaction will take longer than expected. This should be common knowledge.

I used the recommended fee. If you haven't noticed, there's over 40,000 transactions unconfirmed, I don't think its a "not paying enough of a fee" issue.

If you feel you can post the tx id, or just state the size in bytes and fee paid we will know.
You may think you have paid the correct fee.

Under Cores dynamic fee market, you probably haven't.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
Meanwhile, the transaction that I've sent today confirmed with the following block. If you have included a fee that is under the recommended fee in satoshis/byte, then your transaction will take longer than expected. This should be common knowledge.

I used the recommended fee. If you haven't noticed, there's over 40,000 transactions unconfirmed, I don't think its a "not paying enough of a fee" issue.

So, you support credible plans to scale the network up? Glad to have you on board. It may take a while, but doing the job correctly takes real ingenuity.

The blocks are full, there's no denying it. There has to be bigger blocks, soon. I don't support how Gavin handled it though, but there has to be bigger blocks.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
What recommended fee? Provide us with the TX ID. Yes, the issue is inadequate fee for your own transaction. If you are in any of these ranges or above, you should be fine:

As far as the mempool is concerned, mine was above 40k transactions for months. It comes down to the settings of the node.
legendary

So, you support credible plans to scale the network up? Glad to have you on board. It may take a while, but doing the job correctly takes real ingenuity.

legendary
Have any of you complainy-pants people come up with any good ideas (and remember I said "good")? No?

Well, the real achievers are actually doing the real work on the issue, and it takes time. Your idiot "duuuuuuuude" devs had their opportunity (they tried to take it way too early, lol), and spectacularly blew it.

Now, go talk to someone who's interested in stale "ideas" with zero merit, you've got some knots to undo from your delicate little panties.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

See guys? If we can just keep the global use of bitcoin down to under 3.7 transactions per second, Theymos and Lauda can send BTC back and forth to each other without any delay or issue. Perhaps once a new user has their money mysteriously disappear for 36 hours, they will decide to use another cryptocurrency and stop spamming our Bitcoin.

There is no problem. This is fine.
legendary
Terminated.
legendary
Terminated.
Completely unhelpful. Evasive. Non constructive. Uninformative.
Yes completely correct. If telling someone that "satoshis/byte" exists and should be used is "uninformative", then I don't know what is (when it comes to fees).

Do you work for Core here?
No. I'm just posting as any other regular user. Besides, that is not relevant.
Transactions are getting slower and slower with every day as the number of transactions are getting more and more.
Wrong. The transaction speed has remained constant. You are talking about confirmation time, learn the difference already or stop posting false information.

Increasing fees won't be the solution because once we go in that way there will be no end to this.
Why would you want to end the rise of TX's processed today?

People pay 0.001btc or smth like that at the moment as a default fee and that's already too much for people who is gathering their bitcoins by satoshi's.
There is no such thing as a default fee. There's only a recommended satoshis/byte fee.

Completely unhelpful. Evasive. Non constructive. Uninformative.
Do you work for Core here?

legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000
Lauda, you're worse than Baghdad Bob. Constantly denying reality will get you nowhere.

"There's no chaos"

LOL is all I can say to that. Core has created this chaos, they are getting their fee market and quite predictably, the userbase is reacting highly negatively.

legendary
Terminated.
Transactions are getting slower and slower with every day as the number of transactions are getting more and more.
Wrong. The transaction speed has remained constant. You are talking about confirmation time, learn the difference already or stop posting false information.

Increasing fees won't be the solution because once we go in that way there will be no end to this.
Why would you want to end the rise of TX's processed today?

People pay 0.001btc or smth like that at the moment as a default fee and that's already too much for people who is gathering their bitcoins by satoshi's.
There is no such thing as a default fee. There's only a recommended satoshis/byte fee.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
Transactions are getting slower and slower with every day as the number of transactions are getting more and more. Increasing fees won't be the solution because once we go in that way there will be no end to this.

People pay 0.001btc or smth like that at the moment as a default fee and that's already too much for people who is gathering their bitcoins by satoshi's. I am ok with that 0.001btc fee but some people are making too many little transactions and they won't be able to make em.
legendary
Terminated.
Segwit won't be ready for months, possibly longer, and LN won't be ready for years.
Both are wrong.

Looks like the central bankers' $75 million investment in BlockstreamCore is paying dividends.
Go back with your FUD to your 'headers-first-mining' leader. What a joke. Roll Eyes

Chaos leads to sudden consensus.
There's no chaos.

How long will it be until its back to normal and transactions are moving at a normal speed again?
Nobody can tell you the answer to that. Nobody can predict how many real transactions are going to be made per day, nor how much spam is going to attempt to manipulate the situation.

Why is blockchain acting as a racist. Those who pay greater transaction fee are dealt with faster, which is against net neutrality.
That's how the system was always working (based on priority). This has nothing to do with "blockchain acting as a racist" (which is a idiotic statement) and net neutrality.
Why is blockchain acting as a racist. Those who pay greater transaction fee are dealt with faster, which is against net neutrality.

That is not racist, it is prejudice I think.
This is the Core dynamic fee market.

The Bitcoin network is currently overloaded.
How long will it be until its back to normal and transactions are moving at a normal speed again?

Not long now.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
The Bitcoin network is currently overloaded.

At the rate things are going, Core is basically going to guarantee the success of altcoins. Segwit won't be ready for months, possibly longer, and LN won't be ready for years. In the meantime, they have no plans to increase the blocksize (other than through segwit, which isn't a true blocksize increase)

It's F'ing ridiculous. It's madness. It's insanity. Let's all just go crazy.

Looks like the central bankers' $75 million investment in BlockstreamCore is paying dividends.

No need for alts.
this is how bitcoin consensus works.

Chaos leads to sudden consensus.
wont be much longer now.
Pages:
Jump to: