Pages:
Author

Topic: Transactions coming from Blockchain.info taking forever to confirm lately? - page 2. (Read 5783 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Why #2? Miner really check if the adresses are reused? What incentive do the have to do this extra effort?

It is a response to the coin blacklisting talks. From what I understand, it is only being tested.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/miners-time-to-deprioritisefilter-address-reuse-334316
(some quality responses in that thread btw)
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm
i might start sending all mine with a minimum of a 1-5$ fee and see if it helps to get things moving faster.

There are two reasons that can delay your transactions at the moment.
  • No transaction fee. (I believe double minimum will cause it to be put in extra area, if the miner uses the default configuration.)
  • Address reuse. (Some miners will delay transactions that reuse addresses to discourage this practice. Blockchain.info reuses addresses.)

Why #2? Miner really check if the adresses are reused? What incentive do the have to do this extra effort?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
It seems that Bitcoin reached it's first soft limit yesterday - the block size limit. It's actually 1 mb, but for whatever reason some pools set it to 0.25 mb or 0.5 mb. Another btctalker said the standard client uses 0.25 mb.

Other threads:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3634352
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3634344
Activity: 168
i might start sending all mine with a minimum of a 1-5$ fee and see if it helps to get things moving faster.

There are two reasons that can delay your transactions at the moment.
  • No transaction fee. (I believe double minimum will cause it to be put in extra area, if the miner uses the default configuration.)
  • Address reuse. (Some miners will delay transactions that reuse addresses to discourage this practice. Blockchain.info reuses addresses.)
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
What is going on with confirmation lately? I normally just use blockchain.info to send and add fees whenever it warns me I need a fee. Lately when I send my coins they have been getting stuck with 0 confirmations for a LONG time. Right now I have a transaction that is coming up on 20 hours. Blockchain never warned me I needed I fee. I sent another transaction where I used custom send and filled out a fee of 0.0001 and it went through quickly.

This has been happenly a lot... Is the network starting to move away from accepting any free transactions or something? This is not good...

I think this is a bug if come sort. I sent a transaction that should have had a fee automatically added but I didn't double check and now it's going to just hang in mid air for a few days.

Truth be told I was sending coins to the exchange to sell, maybe I would have caught the top, maybe not. Anyway, I told myself earlier to not sell, so I am just taking it as karma.  :-)
Activity: 596
Merit: 10
Activity: 161
Big mistake to not put at least some reward.
Activity: 596
Merit: 10
i sent with .12 fee hoping it would speed it up. and it a fucking joke how long its taking.
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
What is going on with confirmation lately? I normally just use blockchain.info to send and add fees whenever it warns me I need a fee. Lately when I send my coins they have been getting stuck with 0 confirmations for a LONG time. Right now I have a transaction that is coming up on 20 hours. Blockchain never warned me I needed I fee. I sent another transaction where I used custom send and filled out a fee of 0.0001 and it went through quickly.

This has been happenly a lot... Is the network starting to move away from accepting any free transactions or something? This is not good...
Pages:
Jump to: