Pages:
Author

Topic: "Transcendence" a $750 Bitcoin Art Piece - page 3. (Read 8818 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 22, 2014, 11:33:42 PM
Very nice  Shocked

Thanks Liquid, i appreciate it  Smiley

Cool.
What is the difference between this one and the $14k piece?...besides the choice of wood?

The Hive is wall art, intended to be displayed against a flat surface. Transcendence is a wood sculpture in that it sits flat on a base and can be viewed from 360 degrees.

The Hive portrays the Bitcoin community, Transcendence portrays Bitcoins infinite possibilities and movement through space and time.

If your inquiring as to the price difference and what makes them different in that aspect. The Hive was carved from one of the absolute rarest and most expensive woods on the planet, Just obtaining the wood for the hive and having it shipped in from Africa was over $11,000 by the time i paid the broker, the forestry permits, duties, customs fees, fee's, fee's and more fee's. Also Watermelon Ivory is as hard as steel and VERY hard to carve without breaking it working on such a rare and hard to carve wood commands a higher price for carving as if i were to have messed up it could have been an $11,000 mistake on my part, not to mention i don't know if i could have found another piece of it to complete the work.

Transcendence was made from beautiful Cocobolo wood, although very exotic and rare to find such a good specimen big enough to make the piece it is much more affordable and runs roughly $200 a board foot if you can find a tree with heartwood big enough to get 12"x12" out of.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
November 22, 2014, 11:15:20 PM
Very nice  Shocked
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 22, 2014, 09:58:22 PM

Front

Reverse

Commissioned by: ducatitalia
Material: Grade AAAA Cocobolo with Purpleheart base
Price: $750 usd

Transcend into the reimagination of economics...the reinvention of finance...the transition from centralized exploitation to individual empowerment as ducatitalia once said. This piece represents the infinite movement of BTCitcoin as it elicits curiosity into places unknown.

Transcendence was carved from Cocobolo wood imported from Costa Rica. Unable to be portrayed through photography, Transcendence moves while standing still as the high oil content of Cocobolo wood emits an iridescence much like a tigers eye stone or a hologram.

Thank you to ducatitalia for allowing me the opportunity to create this beautiful representation of Bitcoins infinite movement.
Pages:
Jump to: