Pages:
Author

Topic: Transfering Funds to Another Network - page 2. (Read 189 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
April 03, 2022, 02:39:29 AM
Hello, I'm quite new to DeFi projects and smart contracts, and I'm interested in getting to know more about them. Currently, I've only invested in projects found on the Binance Smart Chain network. My portfolio is consisted of two smart contracts, FTM - USDT and  UST - BUSD, which aren't too bad, but there are far better ones in other chains.

My question now is, how do I transfer funds from one network to another? Up to this point, I have a decent sum of money in BUSD and USDT. Due to being a complete newbie regarding this matter, I don't want to mess anything up and end up losing my funds, it's not a banking service, thus, if I do something stupid, there's a high chance that my money is lost on the blockchain.

I don't want to be mean but I think I should tell you that most likely you are not the best DEFI investor if you don't even know how to transfer your founds through chains ... how the hell you think you are experienced enough to say that "but there are far better ones in other chains.".

Now back to your question:

Option 1:
Deposit to CEX (centralized exchange) that support cross chain withdrawals. Most CEX do that. For example binance or even hotbit:

Option 2:
Chose a good bridge and fallow instructions. For example celer bridge or anyswap.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1474
🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃
April 02, 2022, 07:18:24 PM
My question now is, how do I transfer funds from one network to another? Up to this point, I have a decent sum of money in BUSD and USDT. Due to being a complete newbie regarding this matter, I don't want to mess anything up and end up losing my funds, it's not a banking service, thus, if I do something stupid, there's a high chance that my money is lost on the blockchain.

Yes it's possible to transfer tokens from a chain network to another using the SWAP function in metamask (I can't tell if this option is available on other clients like walletconnect). There are tutorials on how to use this function.
For example, this is a guide on how transfer a token from Binance Smart Chain to Polygon: https://medium.com/crypto-and-defi/how-to-sent-matic-from-bsc-to-polygon-4bcd815ca49e

If you keep safe your private key of the address holding the token (whatever the chain), then you should be safe swapping tokens from a chain supported by metamask to another.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 845
April 02, 2022, 02:38:27 PM
Hello, I'm quite new to DeFi projects and smart contracts, and I'm interested in getting to know more about them. Currently, I've only invested in projects found on the Binance Smart Chain network. My portfolio is consisted of two smart contracts, FTM - USDT and  UST - BUSD, which aren't too bad, but there are far better ones in other chains.

Pages:
Jump to: