Pages:
Author

Topic: Transferring tokens from wallets to exchanges - page 2. (Read 388 times)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
It is not possible you need Ether to pay for gas fee in order to use Ethereum platform, just go to exchange and buy $10 Ether this could do that is close to 0.1Ether. My advice for you for not to make mistake is to first send small amount to the address before sending the whole amount since you are doing this for the first time
Activity: 164
Merit: 0
I guess I have to go buy ETH to be able to transfer these tokens. Thank you for answering guys.
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
It is impossible. You have to deposit ethereum first. If you want to transfer any token to the exchange you must have ethereum if you want to successfully make a transaction.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
You need to have at least 0.003 ETH in your MEW wallet to pay for transaction fee. Beside it'll be impossible to transfer although you have ETH in your wallet if these tokens are being locked by ICO dev team. At first make sure that it's not locked.
Activity: 837
Merit: 1
Just like paying a fee for traveling from one place to another via a taxi, Same is when transfering a token from any wallet to exchange. You need small ETH which will be used as gas fee to send out any token from MEW to any exchange.
Activity: 474
Merit: 250
It is not possible, any ERC-20 token needs an ETH to move anywhere. Also, if you want to transfer to Binance, make sure Binance has listed your token on their exchange
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
If you don't have it is better to buy some ethereum or if you don't want to buy maybe you can try some ethereum faucets on internet to get ethereum as a transfer fee
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
I recently received tokens from my first ever bounty campaign and I was wondering if it's possible to transfer tokens from my MEW account that doesn't have any ETH yet to an exchange site like Binance?

You need to have atleast 0.003 on your Myetherwallet to make sure that the token transfer will not failed.
Takenote!!! make sure that you will correctly copy the address on the exchange by choosing the token name you have.
In addition, make sure that token is transferable between an address to another, mostly people forgetting this such small thing that cause transaction failed continuously. After that, pay attention and read all the instructions carefully.
Activity: 434
Merit: 246
It's cannot even being considered as a disadvantage while the fees is merely few pennies and what's good is that the money goes to the miner directly not to some middleman
Yes, but if it was a coin with its own blockchain, the OP wouldn't need another currency to move the native coins. It would take a fraction of the coins the OP already has in their possession. That's the difference and that's why the OP is kinda annoyed.
Activity: 644
I recently received tokens from my first ever bounty campaign and I was wondering if it's possible to transfer tokens from my MEW account that doesn't have any ETH yet to an exchange site like Binance?
Not possible mate, sending tokens to any exchanges or transferring to other wallets requires gas to execute any transactions. Gas fee is deducted to the amount of eth you hold in your Mew wallet. You need to fund your eth wallet because Mew wallet transactions are not free.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
The normal process, I have repeatedly transferred tokens from the wallet to the exchange and back, so everything works, since hundreds of tokens are stored on the exchange,which can not be stored on one wallet,so do not worry everything is fine, transfer boldly, and better risks share more, part on the exchange and part on the wallets leave
Activity: 807
Merit: 251
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
You will need to deposit some small amount of Ethereum to your wallet in order to pay the commission. And you need to transfer tokens to the exchange where your token is being traded.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
No it is not possible. You have to have some minimal ETH value on the same address to move your Erc20 tokens. That's one of the downsides of receiving tokens, especially if they are not worth much. You have to spend money to cash them out (transfer to exchange or move them around).
It's cannot even being considered as a disadvantage while the fees is merely few pennies and what's good is that the money goes to the miner directly not to some middleman that take tons and tons of money from just making an ordinary transaction. See other payment processor you will be shocked by the ridiculous amount of fee for sending money.
Activity: 196
For the translations of tokens you have to pay a Commission eth , so you can translate in your wallet is about 2-3 dollars that will last for a very long time
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
In short, you need GAS (ETH) for fee transfer.
Activity: 238
December 23, 2018, 12:48:33 PM
it looks like you are a beginner. for the current fee of 0.001 eth for transferring tokens but depending on gas if you want to increase the speed of the transaction then the fee itself can be more. hope this helps
Activity: 868
Merit: 106
December 23, 2018, 12:44:01 PM
You must have a token balance in your NEW wallet to transfer or commonly called Gas Prices, so for that you have to buy Ethereum as a balance in your MEW account.
Activity: 209
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
December 23, 2018, 12:34:03 PM
Unfortunately, without commission at ETH, this cannot be done, as some companies may not send tokens due to the fact that you do not have an ETH account, I do not understand why.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
December 23, 2018, 12:25:35 PM
No it is not possible. You have to have some minimal ETH value on the same address to move your Erc20 tokens. That's one of the downsides of receiving tokens, especially if they are not worth much. You have to spend money to cash them out (transfer to exchange or move them around).

That sucks. How do I find out how much ETH I need to transfer these tokens?

You will need to have ETH in your wallet to pay for the gas. Check out the updated gas price and adjust gwei in myetherwallet in https://ethgasstation.info. Don’t pay less than recommended gwei, if not the transaction will take a long time to reach the exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
December 23, 2018, 12:21:21 PM

You need to have atleast 0.003 on your Myetherwallet to make sure that the token transfer will not failed.
Takenote!!! make sure that you will correctly copy the address on the exchange by choosing the token name you have.
Pages:
Jump to: