Pages:
Author

Topic: transition to bitcoin successor - page 2. (Read 2043 times)

Activity: 209
Merit: 101
FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!
August 30, 2012, 09:14:49 AM
I have no idea what kind of conversion you think could be technically and economically possible rather than selling their BTC.
If you come up with some other idea how the conversion could technically work ( like destroying the BTC by sending them to a random address in order to achieve new kind of coins ) I think that would be even more drastical because if people are willing to destroy their BTC in order to jump to some other currency, it means that BTC has already lost itst value. If the conversion happens by selling it means that BTC still has value and everything is fine in BTCland. Just the one user have just switched priorities. If on the other hand everybody agrees that BTCv1 must go and BTCv2 is the future, then BTCv1 must become worthless so that it does not threaten BTCv2. How to guarantee BTCv1 becoming worthless is however another highly nontrivial problem. I think.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
August 30, 2012, 09:02:46 AM
btc have some flaws (block chain processing is too difficult, scales badly; anonymity not so great; too much energy wasted for block confirmation), so I'm wondering how the transition from btc to it's successor will be.

If it's btc related maybe there could be a conversion of btc to the new currency. Otherwise I guess ppl will just sell their btc and btc will become worthless.
Pages:
Jump to: