Pages:
Author

Topic: Transparent Polls.... Why no option for this? Why are all polls anonymous? - page 2. (Read 454 times)

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
I've thought about it before as a poll option, and I think that it would be useful, but implementing it has never approached the top of my to-do list.
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
If voting wasn't anonymous, all members of the foxhole butt-sniffing pussy-petting trust/merit club/cult/gang would vote the same way out of fear of being punished by Lauda/suchmoon/whoever's in charge this week. As you're such a big proponent of FREE SPEECH, I'm sure you don't want that.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
Public voting systems are generally bad in my opinion. Even if you don't care that people know what you are voting you will likely take into consideration what others might think of you even subconsciously. Which could actually reflect on the voting result negatively. By having anonymous votes it allows you to use your initiative without worrying what others might think of that. If you want your voice to be heard then you can always have a discussion within the thread. However, I would vote in favour of keeping all votes anonymous.

Also, bare in mind how much of a headache it would be to display hundreds of individual voters, and what they voted.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Transparent polls might stop people from voting against the "gang" don't you think so?

Not sure what you mean, but I doubt Theymos has the time for such nonsense changes. People are less apt to vote if the pollster can see who voted for what. .... Truth..  

Not just the poller - everyone can see.

I mean they have the choice they can vote or not vote if they are worried about others seeing how they vote.

I would have thought this forum already had this capacity but is muted atm

@mikey (i have no wish to make every post about the gang forever more) anyway ...People tell me that although  "the gang" all are in each others top 10 fans and receivers, and although they all vote for each other on DT1 and although they gang up on every thread I mention about the "non existing gang" that actually there is no " collusion" and no "gang".

I must face it that meta twilight zone is not receptive to this corroborating evidence or in general even observable FACTs.  So when I can avoid talking about the gang I will leave it out unless people like yourself mention it. Thanks for mentioning it.

Back to the transparent polls.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Transparent polls might stop people from voting against the "gang" don't you think so?

Not sure what you mean, but I doubt Theymos has the time for such nonsense changes. People are less apt to vote if the pollster can see who voted for what. .... Truth.. 
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 6555
be constructive or S.T.F.U
Activity: 308
Merit: 280
Is it allowed to any voting system?
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Could we not have the option of transparent polls? I would love to click and see who voted for what.

As the poll starter it would be nice to select transparent voting only

Because most people don't want the pollster to know perhaps? Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Could we not have the option of transparent polls? I would love to click and see who voted for what.

As the poll starter it would be nice to select transparent voting only
Pages:
Jump to: