Pages:
Author

Topic: TRC an ideal FPGA Coin - page 2. (Read 5988 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
January 31, 2013, 03:22:11 PM
Dont get me wrong, i support TRC, but its as ideal as other alts for fpga mining (frc (NO!), ruc, ppc etc etc)

I would love to have an fpga thou.... If anyone wants to sell his for cheap pm me Tongue

True, true. :-) I also would love to have an FPGA. :-)
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
January 31, 2013, 02:57:00 PM
Dont get me wrong, i support TRC, but its as ideal as other alts for fpga mining (frc (NO!), ruc, ppc etc etc)

I would love to have an fpga thou.... If anyone wants to sell his for cheap pm me Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
January 31, 2013, 02:22:59 PM
With the arrival (albeit slow arrival) of ASIC some GPU miners are going to have to face the decision of either shutting down or switching coins. Litecoin is the obvious initial coin of choice, but it is not mineable by FPGA's currently. FPGA's are for the most part not suited for resale and will soon be obsolete for mining Bitcoin (although there are trade in programs available for some ASIC manufacturers- but not all, certainly no those who are now out of buisness). The best alternative for FPGA miners would be to mine Terracoin, as it will be awhile (most likely at least until second generation ASIC) before ASIC miners have an economic incentive to mine TRC.
Pages:
Jump to: