Pages:
Author

Topic: Treasury bonds and bitcoin - page 2. (Read 155 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 253
November 04, 2021, 01:50:15 AM
There seems to be a belief by some people that:
1) The money that is currently put into negative-yielding Treasury bonds needs a new "home" and
2) That new "home" is likely to be bitcoin

Can someone explain this in more detail. Why are Treasury bonds being compared to bitcoin? I understand the rationale behind point 1, but don't really see why a large portion of it will move into bitcoin. I can see it moving away from Treasury bonds, but I also see it moving to stocks, real estate, gold, silver, other commodities, art, pokemon cards etc. 
Treasury bonds is the most conservative and safe tool of investing, while bitcoin and crypto in general is the most risky investment option, so I also don't understand why there is a belief that people who are used to such conservative investment, will invest in risky Bitcoin. They are more likely to invest in stocks of reliable companies and commodities like you said.
Activity: 159
Merit: 72
November 03, 2021, 07:36:37 PM
There seems to be a belief by some people that:
1) The money that is currently put into negative-yielding Treasury bonds needs a new "home" and
2) That new "home" is likely to be bitcoin

Can someone explain this in more detail. Why are Treasury bonds being compared to bitcoin? I understand the rationale behind point 1, but don't really see why a large portion of it will move into bitcoin. I can see it moving away from Treasury bonds, but I also see it moving to stocks, real estate, gold, silver, other commodities, art, pokemon cards etc. 
Pages:
Jump to: