Pages:
Author

Topic: Trezor/ Ledger Nano s/ keepkey? Which HW to pick? - page 2. (Read 2677 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I have a KeepKey. Wouldn'd buy it again. The wallet is unsatisfactory, not to say stupid.
Activity: 560
Merit: 251
Tic.eth
I got 2 nano and I really like them. I just bought to Nano S because on the nano I can't sign a message so I guess it's even going to be better.
Activity: 84
Ledger seems to be a better option! Half the price, same features!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Trezor is my hardware wallet of choice, but that's mostly because it was the only game in town back then. Nonetheless I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

I guess it mostly breaks down to price, availability and alt coin support. If you're looking to get into alts you should definitely get a look at which alts are supported, lest you get disappointed that the alt of your choice is not available. If you're just going to stick with BTC, either hardware wallet should be fine.
Activity: 387
Merit: 186
Gotta love the Ledger Nano S  Grin
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4316
To be honest, Keepkey is quite expensive and large... and essentially does exactly the same job as the other two...

As for Trezor or Ledger Nano S... the differences between the two aren't really that great, they generally have the same features (if implemented slightly differently)... so I would suggest that your decision will generally come down to personal preference (and most likely price Tongue)

Price: Trezor €89 vs. Ledger €58
Form Factor: Trezor's Square-ish design with "larger" screen and front mounted buttons vs Ledger Slim USB stick swivel design with side mounted buttons
AltCoin Support: both support most common coins
Colour: Trezor comes in three, Ledger in pretty much one
Availability: can be a bit hit and miss for both... Trezor seems to be slightly easier to buy immediately

Ben over at "BTC Sessions" on Youtube has a fairly decent 3-way review of these hardware wallets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_LcJ3ccV4s

For the record, I own both a Trezor and a Nano S...
Activity: 84
I am considering buying one of these HW wallet but can not decide which on :/. Could you please help me? I tend to buy Trezor since it is originaly from Czech rep., my birth coutry but that is all  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: