Pages:
Author

Topic: Trezor Model One wallet and thoughts - page 2. (Read 238 times)

staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
April 07, 2022, 04:53:25 AM

What are your thoughts on the Trezor Model One for anyone out there who used it or recommends it?

Pro's and Con's

any problems on hardware.

Good with DEX's?

feel the company be around a while and all your funds be safe?
-snip-

AFAIK, Trezor is the oldest hardware wallet out there (since 2014) but that's not what should make you trust them, it's the fact that their software and firmware are fully open source.

I have been using the Model One for some years now, and I have no complaints but as mentioned above, if you're looking to transact with Monero for instance, then this may not be for you.

As for the DEXes, then no, not really. Compared to the Ledger, not so many exchanges support it but that shouldn't be a problem, because you can always connect your device to MetaMask and use it in any DEX.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367
April 07, 2022, 03:55:09 AM
Simple, easy to use. Could be used as a U2F device, which is always a +
Check which coins you would like to use (https://trezor.io/coins/) because maybe lack of support for some of them you will find disappointing. For example - for Monero you must buy the other model, T.
But for simple usage One is more than enough. By default generated seed has 24 words (in T there is 12 words, you must use special tool from Trezor to create seed with 24 words), works flawlessly with Electrum, Metamask etc.
There are only two buttons (ok/cancel), so you must use 'on screen' pin input, not on device - device displays only the grid/numbers positions, but you enter pin using computer, which then unlocks wallet.
Activity: 506
Merit: 33
The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution
April 06, 2022, 04:29:31 PM
I am narrowing my mind to get a hardware wallet. One that is compatible to various wallets so i can trade on DEX's

I been looking at the Trezor brand.
More less the Trezor Model One. as it seems to work with various coins as well. I am ok to change apps if needed.

What are your thoughts on the Trezor Model One for anyone out there who used it or recommends it?

Pro's and Con's

any problems on hardware.

Good with DEX's?

feel the company be around a while and all your funds be safe?

Thanks and look to all your replies. I really just want to make a final decision on this purchase. Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: