Pages:
Author

Topic: Trezor Security Seal - page 2. (Read 2338 times)

mjc
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Available on Kindle
August 01, 2014, 03:55:03 PM
That was my point.  It was stupid to only one seal on it.  It was an over sight and not well thought out.   As a software developer / designer and now Pen Tester, I'm concerned when I see a series of oversights.  It usually means there are flaws in the software.  just my personal observation from hundreds of application reviews.

Is this why other wallets cannot, will not or chose not to integrate?  All speculation.  

You will see this one on eBay shortly.  Or if anyone here wants let me know.  I'm sure my sales pitch is doing the price wonders.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
August 01, 2014, 03:47:07 PM
all i mean was for the OP to not expect there to have been a second seal.. and to not fear that it HAD been compromised by there not being a seal... again there is only suppose to be one seal (nothing is missing) so it does not mean for sure that it has been compromised. though i agree, i think its stupid to only seal one end..
mjc
Available on Kindle
August 01, 2014, 03:42:02 PM
from the videos i seen there is only one security seal which is only at one end, so i would deem it safe.

Is that sarcasm?  that's like saying the front door of my house is locked, has video cameras and security guard.  The back door is shut (but not guarded or locked).  so its safe.

Glue on a box is easy to by pass.  Hair dryer or steam should work.  Then apply a little back, re shrink wrap it.

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
August 01, 2014, 03:34:10 PM
from the videos i seen there is only one security seal which is only at one end, so i would deem it safe.

its glued together anyways. and if there was a deal that had been removed it would have left a VOID partial sticker there.
mjc
Available on Kindle
August 01, 2014, 03:15:20 PM
I just received my Trezor in the mail. To their credit they beat BFL by about 30-60 days in length of delay (slightly shorter than BFL).  That's not really what I'm wanting to write about.

I noticed that the box has a security seal on it, with a warning to not open unless the sticker is intact.  So it must be a problem is someone else has opened the box and reviewed the contents, tampered with the device, or what ever.  

So I noticed that the bottom of the box doesn't have a seal on it.  So if someone opened the bottom and looked at the device, it is OK?  Maybe there is something magical about the top of the box versus the bottom.

Look I realize this is just oversight and I'm having a little fun at their expense.  But, we have been asked to trust this team with the following:
- Their ability to deliver (they did but 10 months late)
- Originally we were told it would interface with existing wallets, but in the end it only interfaces with their online wallet.
- That is has not been tampered with, and to that end they put a hologram sticker on the box, only on one end.
- That this thing will keep our Bitcoins safe

Anyone want to buy an unopened Trezor?
Pages:
Jump to: