Pages:
Author

Topic: Trezor Usage Not Secure IMO - page 2. (Read 2228 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
April 02, 2014, 02:25:59 PM
yes well security of trezor must be proven Smiley
And soon it will be..
But I believe this is very good device and it will give a chance to keep out BTC's really safe.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002
April 02, 2014, 11:34:13 AM
The Bitcoin Trezor has the potential to be a user friendly ultra-secure way to store and use bitcoin, something which has been sorely lacking.

It seems Mike Hearn has been first to receive his Trezor:

https://plus.google.com/+MikeHearn/posts/UbvCG78WpjM

While the product looks great I would caution there may be a hole in the security. Trezor is safe from virus stealing software because it's isolated from any software which might be compromised by hackers. That's only true if hackers don't have access to the actual Trezor, though. (or a look alike which can pass as one)

I've previously said any private key producing software needs some sort of checksum availability for users. This is true also of the Trezor. I won't go into detail about how it might be compromised, but its transit is the source of concern. Boxes are sent with a tamper evident hologram, but the Casascius coin hack showed us the vulnerability with that. The device IMO should be able to call back to the company website to verify the software has not changed.

People are going to put their trust and money into security solutions we tell them to, so we need to make sure those solutions are really secure.

Pages:
Jump to: