Pages:
Author

Topic: Trezor vs Ledger nano S. - page 2. (Read 5008 times)

legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
August 24, 2017, 02:45:37 AM
Hello. I am using Trezor and I am very satisfied. What do you guys use? Trezor or Ledger? Why Trezor? Why Ledger?

I own a trezor, a ledger nano S and a ledger HW.1.
The biggest difference between them (IMHO) is the price Wink

The trezor supports a little bit more wallets, the ledger supports a little bit more altcoins... I like the native wallet from the ledger a little bit more than the native wallet of the trezor, altough the fact that you can sync the labels of your native trezor wallet is defenatly a plus.

It seems trezor is releasing new firmware more often than ledger (altough this can just be a gut feeling).

Another difference is entering the pin code:
- A ledger HW.1 will just let you enter the pincode with your numeric keypad
- A ledger Nano S is a bit harder, since you need to use the two buttons on the side to form your pin (which can be a little bit timeconsuming with 8 number pincodes)
- a trezor uses a random numeric keypad shown on its screen in combination with a blank keypad displayed on your screen... It is missing the '0' tough.

I think it all boils down to which coins you want to manage using your hardware wallet... If it's just BTC, you can pick both... If it's BTC and a certain type of altcoin, you might need to buy either the ledger or the trezor.
Also, the trezor ships from the Czech Republic (IIRC) ,the ledger ships from France, so it might save on the shipping time if you're close to one of these countries.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 24, 2017, 02:37:30 AM
Hello. I am using Trezor and I am very satisfied. What do you guys use? Trezor or Ledger? Why Trezor? Why Ledger?
Pages:
Jump to: